General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she had any other choice but to continue. She was already legally married to him before the religeous ceremony. At that level it is not like ancelling a dinner party for a few friends. She would have embarrased her husband BIG time.

Olebabs, you are correct. But if you viewed the photos from the civil marriage, that was a cold affair as well.

Prince Albert, who I actually like as well as the entire Grimaldi family, seems to be a wolf in sheeps clothing (pardon the pun; I am addicted to them). He seems to be very caring, but as some people, men and women, fidelity is not part of their life.

If Charlene and Albert stays together, I hope that they can get past this. Let's not forget, if she continues in this marriage, and other infidelites come to light, she is an enabler if she stays.

I really hate to say this but I don't see a happy marriage in their future. If you watch Albert's reception speech in which he puts Charlene down by calling her, "sometimes patient with him...." he puts nearly all the emphasis on himself.

What may be typical of a big age difference, he seems controlling of Charlene. Not that she's an equal partner but she has to perform to live up to his expectations. He may have a lot of money but all the money in the world can't make up for a bad marriage.

I think if you watch this video interview post-civil wedding, you'll see what I mean. Pay attention to when he barks to Charlene, "we're really looking forward to this evening, aren't we?"

http://youtu.be/8LIuai40Alc

Michelleq, my sentiments excatly. It did seem cold and he was sneering at her when she cried in the little chapel. I just hope she has someone helping her cope with all this. No one deserves to be treated this way.

Her family is there. Even if there were no problems this is still a very stressful event (the wedding) to go through. PG had a very difficult time the first few years also.

Said it before, but will say again. I hope 'this' is not true.
Angieuk, after finding out about the new situation I could not re-watch the videos from YT. I was watching TV and they pass the video of her crying and it BROKE my heart. The only thing in my mind was 'This girl needs a hug, and not from that man'
I cannot see this wedding as I first did when I saw her in that beautiful dress. Something has changed.

The Telegraph quotes french papers, saying that Charlene tried to flee three times before the wedding.
Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times' - Telegraph

I was just about to post this. The sources are no pink tabloids but more "serious" newspapers, from french side and now the Telegraph is picking up on it. I may not have been as described but where there is smoke, there is fire. An arrangement was good enough for Rainier & Grace (who had run if she would have been allowed to take the kids), hopefully it will be good enough for Albert & Charlene.

For me personally, a child being fathered OUTSIDE the engagement period would be not such a big deal, who knows what was going on and the engagement for me is the final committment.
A child being fathered WITHIN the engagement period however would be a different issue, very embarrassing.

Still this whole thing is very humiliating for Charlene.

Last edited:
LadyFinn said:
The Telegraph quotes french papers, saying that Charlene tried to flee three times before the wedding.
Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times' - Telegraph

Poor Charlene. The press wouldn't write about this if there wasn't a little bit to truth to it.
Men are douche bags.

Duke of Marmalade said:
For me personally, a child being fathered OUTSIDE the engagement period would be not such a big deal, who knows what was going on and the engagement for me is the final committment.
A child being fathered WITHIN the engagement period however would be a different issue, very embarrassing.

What do you mean "within" the engagement period? If he fathered this child while they were simply dating then that's a big deal...a very big deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post this. The sources are no pink tabloids but more "serious" newspapers, from french side and now the Telegraph is picking up on it. I may not have been as described but where there is smoke, there is fire. An arrangement was good enough for Rainier & Grace (who had run if she would have been allowed to take the kids), hopefully it will be good enough for Albert & Charlene.

Back from a few days far from Internet, I would give precision. Le Journal du Dimanche and Le Parisien are not to be trusted as serious newspapers. They are dealing with a part of trues but with a very whole part of rumors. So I would take these new articles with a great pinch of salt.

What do you mean "within" the engagement period? If he fathered this child while they were simply dating then that's a big deal...a very big deal!

We dont know what kind of relationship they had prior to the engagement. Even though Charlene lived in Monaco, Albert often said that he didnt have any intention to get married and gave the impression that Charlene was kind of his walker/good friend and he may have dated other women at the same time while Charlene was hoping to get him towards a commitment.

For me showing up at the Swedish wedding / engagement a few days later was a commitment from Albert's side to Charlene, not earlier. So if there is a child that was born only weeks ago or a woman who is pregnant by Albert, that would be a big deal for me, not an 18 month old.

Which countries should PA visit ?

# 46 - to Lenora:

PA has visited Russia several times and was invited each time by Vladimir Putin.

You don't ask people to move half way around the world only to be casually dating. That alone could be considered a commitment and one can expect exclusivity of the relationship. IF he has fathered a child since 2006, well he is cad, to say the least and doesn't seem to learn from experience.

I have never heard Prince Albert speak before, is he always this halting? It's difficult to tell what their relationship is at the moment because for anyone under this scrutiny it would be a difficult time. I have to say that her actions toward him seemed genuinely affectionate and encouraging. She is the one, for the most part, who seems to want to share kisses and pats his hand. I don't know if it is that PA does not like PDAs, but he certainly doesn't seem to be very encouraging of her advances, but then that could be a certain shyness OR, he almost appears to be feeling like a very bad boy trying to behave and wanting approval. It's certainly all a puzzle.

My heart goes out to Charlene. Stories like these don't stay around for that long unless there is some truth in them. It goes a long way to explaine why she looked so removed from the whole thing yesterday. What a mess.

I wish for the best for them both, but I'm not going to lie -- their "relationship" looks incredibly put on. Obviously none of us know what goes on behind closed doors so at best we're all just speculating and talking, but neither of them have ever looked incredibly comfortable with one another, or at the very least Albert has never looked all that comfortable with her. Contrast that with William and Catherine, or Victoria and Daniel, and there's a huge difference.

Whether the rumors are true about Charlene trying to "flee" back to South Africa upon hearing news that Albert might have fathered yet another child out of wedlock or not, the point is.....a bride doesn't attempt to do something like that unless something is wrong. Besides, that would be an odd thing to just make up out of thin air. I'd think if the tabloids were going to print something untrue, they'd come up with something less believable than that.

I feel bad for her, but at the end of the day.....she agreed to marry him. She chose to go through with the charade, if it in fact was a charade, and now she has to live with herself and whatever else comes along. I hope if they have any legitimate children of their own, she throws herself into raising and caring for them, and leaves Albert to his own devices -- at least then she'll have something to live for.

I feel bad for her, but at the end of the day.....she agreed to marry him. She chose to go through with the charade, if it in fact was a charade, and now she has to live with herself and whatever else comes along. I hope if they have any legitimate children of their own, she throws herself into raising and caring for them, and leaves Albert to his own devices -- at least then she'll have something to live for.

What a sad, sad way to live.

I feel sorry for Charlene cause he's the type of man who will most likely bring heartbreak to their relationship over and over again. Albert always came off to me as a player. I never saw him settling down. I hope Char knows what she got herself into.

You don't ask people to move half way around the world only to be casually dating. That alone could be considered a commitment and one can expect exclusivity of the relationship. IF he has fathered a child since 2006, well he is cad, to say the least and doesn't seem to learn from experience.

I do think Princess Charlene decided to move to Monaco and she was just dating Prince Albert. I don't think they got serious until a few years later-when she started going to royal engagements.

I remember reading that Princess Caroline didn't think they were a serious pair. I thought that was strange comment because Princess Charlene moved a long way to be with Albert. But then I thought, wait and see, maybe Charlene is trying to win him over. Maybe that is why she has not learn French well because she was waiting for Prince Albert to become serious.

I agree with Duke of Marmalade. If a child was conceive after the engaged then he is a cad, stupid, and can not keep his pants on. I do worry about Ms Coste and what she would do to keep her position and her son's. I wonder if she trick Albert and got pregnant during his engagement to Charlene.:ohmy:

Last edited:
How many "fel sorry for charlene". She´s no victim at all. She knows him, she waited for long knowing he was not faithful and still decided to marry him. (..)

How many "fel sorry for charlene". She´s no victim at all. She knows him, she waited for long knowing he was not faithful and still decided to marry him. (..)

Have you considered that she might love him? Why is waiting a "long" while being greedy or ambitious?:ermm:

how sad. i wasn't sure how this was going to end, but clearly this is way too early for this kind of problem. not only a day after the wedding and crisis hits them. of course, they must feel something special for each other in order to keep the wedding on. i guess albert needed a wife, and found in charlene at least a good companion. that, or a good deal must have reached both of their hands, i guess. it is a shame, particularly for charlene, but they are grown ups and know what they do.
at first i didn't believe it, but big newspapers are echoing the news, so i guess it means something. i wonder why charlene accepted a deal though, she's clearly beautiful and young, i'm sure she could have met someone else.

i felt sorry to hear her passport was taken away although i guess this is not true. that would be punishable by law and it's a crime. unless it was actually part of the "deal"?

Something Princess Mary said about her relationship with Fred seems to ring true here too (not her exact words) - once you move or become known as the prince's girlfriend and become accustomed to that life, it is scary to think about having to go back and just being plain Mary. Charlene was in an almost impossible situation - would she have ever lived down the scandal of leaving Albert at the altar? Could she have went back to a normal life? Charlene seems to have a good relationship with the family and also Albert, but I wonder how much support she has in Monaco (good friends, advisers etc)....it's so hard to know if she was so restrained during the wedding because she was trying to hold it together. Sometimes they did have touching moments and other times it was so cold - they hardly looked at each other during the ceremony.

Something Princess Mary said about her relationship with Fred seems to ring true here too (not her exact words) - once you move or become known as the prince's girlfriend and become accustomed to that life, it is scary to think about having to go back and just being plain Mary. Charlene was in an almost impossible situation - would she have ever lived down the scandal of leaving Albert at the altar? Could she have went back to a normal life? Charlene seems to have a good relationship with the family and also Albert, but I wonder how much support she has in Monaco (good friends, advisers etc)....it's so hard to know if she was so restrained during the wedding because she was trying to hold it together. Sometimes they did have touching moments and other times it was so cold - they hardly looked at each other during the ceremony.

What Mary said is very true and I think it would have been for Kate also if the wedding hadn't happened. Charlene is at a major disadvantage. She's twenty years younger to a very, very wealthy famous man. Charlene has no college education and didn't really have any career to keep her grounded. She's not wealthy or probably has no real money of her own.

Monte Carlo is not exactly the real world so once she moved there, she was pretty much stuck or under Albert's thumb. Even the New York Times said (and I trust this) that she kept herself busy with golf, swimming, gardening, lunching, and reading in cafes. Come on, is that a purposeful life?

My exhibit A as to what I think this engagement and marriage were not planned ahead is that she does not speak French. Practically anyone who lives in a French-speaking country for over a year could speak it near fluently. It likely wasn't a priority for both of them or she'd be better prepared.

Not that I take Monaco very seriously, not to offend anybody, but it's not really a country, it's a banking center/vacation spot.

On the surface it may appear that Princess Charlene and Prince Albert married for convenience but deep down I believe it was a love match.
Over the long course of their relationship I think Charlene met him, fell in love and moved her world to be with him. She knew that only with close proximity could she become more than a passing fancy to him. Likewise I believe that Prince Albert after long shying away from marriage looked at the woman who was at his side and realized she was the one.
Charlene more than anyone knows the character of the man she became involved with and married. I think yes she knew about the potential paternity problem arising and chose to stand by Albert because she does love him.
Don't believe she ran to the airport, honestly in this age of cell phone cameras not one photo of the attempted flight exists? Believe it was leaking out that the paternity tests were in the wind and this story was put out to be lurid and to prime the press for future scandal.
Think that C&P's appearance over the wedding weekend were of a woman who is shy and hides most of her emotions. But at times they came out.
Likewise I think that Albert was under the stress of getting married and having this whole paternity thing hit the press. But mainly because he knew he was marrying a woman who is showing her mettle by serenely standing at his side through this because she loves him.
Hope they weather this scandal and have a happy life.

Is it Ms Coste, again!, claiming that HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco fathered another one of her offspring?
Now, his sisters' appearances at both of PA's weddings this past weekend now make sense and so do many other looks and behaviors the press gladly pointed out.
What two consenting adults do in private is their own business. It is often the ones who are married that point out promiscuity in others - ignoring the fact that intimacy is something we all need.
Sadly, the rumors about the former Charlene Wittstock's attempt to leave Monaco are now believable. The decision to still marry PA only shows her naivite in this situation. In the long run she set-up her ownself - I hope, as the mother of a future heir to Monaco's throne, the money and title will make her very happy. If it does not, misery will soon set-in. It is a very sad situation!

^If he didn't learn how to used condom at the age of 53, he will never learn imo
It takes two to tango, and the Prince is a wealthy man who seems an easy target for lovely ladies seeking single parenthood.:sad:

Did Princess Charlene really try to flee the wedding?

And did they really confiscate her passport?

Is there a thread that's discussing this story? (From Telegraph.Co.Uk - NOT the Daily Mail):

Princess Tries to Flee Monaco Three TImes.

So there's another illegitimate child within the past five years?

The article sounds as if there was actual police involvement.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but could you please change your title. Princess Charlene is Albert's wife.
Charlotte Casaraghi is his niece. I don't mean to be a bummer, but it is extremely hard to keep these two separated already.

And did they really confiscate her passport?

Is there a thread that's discussing this story? (From Telegraph.Co.Uk - NOT the Daily Mail):

Princess Tries to Flee Monaco Three TImes.

So there's another illegitimate child within the past five years?

The article sounds as if there was actual police involvement.

Simple answer - we don't know.

Only Charlene knows for sure if she genuinely tried to flee or whether there were perfectly normal explanations for her actions that the press have put a spin on.

We don't know if there is another illegitimate child - but I wouldn't be surprised.

I am not sure if the French police would actually take orders from the Prince of Monaco anyway.

One of the reports is that she went to the South African embassy and there is also a story about her passport being confiscated but...what if she went to the embassy because her passport was out of date - or would be when they leave for the honeymoon and she handed in the old passport when she got the new one - explanation that doesn't mean she was trying to run away but was getting organised.

Either way she is now his wife and she has to make the best of it.

we might never know but about the 3erd chhild we might find out in a near future, may be she got cold feet, she thought that it is too hard for her to handled, but at this point too late to canceld the wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom