The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Two sources have said it isn't true. None of his ex-gfs have made any request for DNA tests. Albert said

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, LadyMacAlpine! And good that he commented on that himself!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Yesterday I saw on German TV the 35. Circus Festival of Monte Carlo (which was recorded in January). Albert and Charlene attended with Stephanie who is the patron of the festival. It was very sweet to see how much pleasure Albert took in those performances which delighted or astonished Charlene. Charlene from what could be seen is obviously a rather restrained, even shy person who for that reason might appear to be a bit cold sometimes but once something really catches her interest she becomes alive in a very vivid way. During the show she was clearly enchanted by some of the performances and at one point Albert could be seen how enchanted he was by her fun and how close these two are. Obviously a love match!

If you had read how people who has known her for long describes her, you should know she´s anything but shy. Quite stubborn and manipulative I´d say.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Well even shy people can kick back, relax and have fun when they are with people they have known for a long time.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
If you had read how people who has known her for long describes her, you should know she´s anything but shy. Quite stubborn and manipulative I´d say.
Could you supply a reliable reference about the people who "know" her? It helps to draw an accurate picture of the type of person she is and if your assertion the she is stubborn and manipulative is in any way fair or valid.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Could you supply a reliable reference about the people who "know" her? It helps to draw an accurate picture of the type of person she is and if your assertion the she is stubborn and manipulative is in any way fair or valid.

I don´t keep what I read about CW. I´m not a fan of hers, of course. I read and then make up an opinion. I read interviews and articles about her, and I came to the conclusion she´s manipulative, calculating and a liar. She lied on the reason why she gave up swimming and continued liyng in several interviews. No one that has met her has said she´s shy or introverted. On the contrary, she´s quite confident and was sure from the beginning about what she wanted: marry the prince of Monaco.

Heres´an example of someone who has met her and her impressions. This is a journalist from SA. In 2006 CW already had contact with the press to the point of asking them advice, and from this journalist perception you can tell she already thought of becoming a princess. It´s been a hard job, that´s why I laugh when they suggest she tried to escape. She´s not going anywhere, unless the 5 year contract is true.

Princess of poise, heart and passions - The Mercury | IOL.co.za

I guess you´re not going to ask the ones who see an inocent shy woman where they get their impressions from?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don´t keep what I read about CW. I´m not a fan of hers, of course. I read and then make up an opinion. I read interviews and articles about her, and I came to the conclusion she´s manipulative, calculating and a liar. She lied on the reason why she gave up swimming and continued liyng in several interviews. No one that has met her has said she´s shy or introverted. On the contrary, she´s quite confident and was sure from the beginning about what she wanted: marry the prince of Monaco.

Heres´an example of someone who has met her and her impressions. This is a journalist from SA. In 2006 CW already had contact with the press to the point of asking them advice, and from this journalist perception you can tell she already thought of becoming a princess. It´s been a hard job, that´s why I laugh when they suggest she tried to escape. She´s not going anywhere, unless the 5 year contract is true.

Princess of poise, heart and passions - The Mercury | IOL.co.za

I guess you´re not going to ask the ones who see an inocent shy woman where they get their impressions from?
I don't get the same impression of Charlene that you do from that article. But I understand where you're coming from - if you don't like a particular royal you'll see the negative in everything. I'm the same way about a certain older English royal.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Courtier

That is a very nice article. It is interesting how different people see things so differently. Who was it who said "perception is everything"?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

"But, according to those close to her, beneath the perceived icy exterior is the same caring, lovable, endearing and tenacious woman who began her life in the limelight as an Olympic South African swimmer and a champion for the underprivileged."

From your article. This simply looks like a gal that can see and evaluate a good deal that was over her head. The apparency is that she has kept her head above water and is surviving well - in spite of the naysayers. She seems to be a good person with good intentions.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I don't get the same impression of Charlene that you do from that article. But I understand where you're coming from - if you don't like a particular royal you'll see the negative in everything. I'm the same way about a certain older English royal.

From the first impression you can tell if someone is shy or not, introverted, or self-confident. That was my intention in posting the article. I do not think you can tell from first impressions if someone is nice or is pretending. Some things can be conceiled, others not. If you are shy, you are shy all of your life, with everyone, and that does not change. If you are a manipulator, calculating person, you can show people what you want. And that´s all I´m goig to say because my opinion of CW is even worse. She has lied to the press all these years, done nothing but waste money, change her appearance and live off the prince. If these are positive things, the world is upside down to me.

I´ve been willing to hear what the good qualities people see in CW and I have asked here fans her to enlighten me. I´m still waiting.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Rosana - Have you heard the old adage: "Don't judge a book by its cover" ??
We all wear several masks throughout our lives.

For instance, I'm a naturally shy person, but when I teach (or preach), I become someone else for a period of time.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
From the first impression you can tell if someone is shy or not, introverted, or self-confident. That was my intention in posting the article. I do not think you can tell from first impressions if someone is nice or is pretending. Some things can be conceiled, others not. If you are shy, you are shy all of your life, with everyone, and that does not change. If you are a manipulator, calculating person, you can show people what you want. And that´s all I´m goig to say because my opinion of CW is even worse. She has lied to the press all these years, done nothing but waste money, change her appearance and live off the prince. If these are positive things, the world is upside down to me.

I´ve been willing to hear what the good qualities people see in CW and I have asked here fans her to enlighten me. I´m still waiting.
No one I have spoken to has said the things you have to describe Charlene. I have even spoken to one of her coaches. I don't like everything Charlene has said to the press, nor do I approve of everything she wears but it is no reason to constantly bash her as some do. I will accept the word of those I have spoken to that she is a nice person, and she is sensitive over someone with a personal agenda to trash Charlene.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's something for you fashionistas:

Van Cleef Arpels at Monaco now has a "Salon Princesse Charlène", with a painting of the princess by Karl Lagerfeld.

Un salon "Princesse Charlène" chez Van Cleef & Arpels | monacomatin.com
Old 08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Van Cleef & Arpels has created a limited edition of 15 sets of jewels for the charities of H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco. It is a reinterpretation of the iconic Alhambra motif. Adorned with pavé diamonds and turquoises, it evokes the shores of the Principality. A portion of the benefits from the sales will go to the associations and Foundations that have the endorsement of H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco. A set will be donated by Van Cleef & Arpels to the gala dinner of the Red Cross Ball on the 5th of August 2011. The set is sold exclusively at the Van Cleef & Arpels Boutique in Monaco.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If you are shy, you are shy all of your life, with everyone, and that does not change.
I would take issue with this statement. A number of people overcome their shyness and certainly there are those who are shy in certain circumstances and not so much in others. Frequently people who are shy are not as shy in small groups or among people they know.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I would take issue with this statement. A number of people overcome their shyness and certainly there are those who are shy in certain circumstances and not so much in others. Frequently people who are shy are not as shy in small groups or among people they know.
I totally agree with this.

I am shy when meeting new people but put me around my friends and I am not.

I read that article as well, and didn't get the negativity that is assumed. People see what they want to see.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I totally agree with this.

I am shy when meeting new people but put me around my friends and I am not.

I read that article as well, and didn't get the negativity that is assumed. People see what they want to see.
Well, yuou agree with my theory that shyness stays with you all your life.

Again, because for some reason my two previous posts were not understood. I posted the article as an example of someone who had met CW and did not have the impression of her being shy, as posters above had mentioned, but secure and self-confident. I am aware the journalist is quite flattering with Charlene, most people are. Of course I get the negativity from other articles I read throughout the years, which of course I dont keep, and which have helped me to discover CW llies, and the way she used the press to sell herself as the future princess. She still has contacts with the press and send some journalists mails. She´s not innocent, she has leanrt how to handle her business, and she won´t lose it for anything.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Personally I would not continue to read articles or even frequent forum boards if I so intensely disliked the subject. If it were me, I would suffer major indigestion problems from all the acidity generated.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Personally I would not continue to read articles or even frequent forum boards if I so intensely disliked the subject. If it were me, I would suffer major indigestion problems from all the acidity generated.

Well, there are other members in the family that still have a bit of the glamour the Rainier and Grace era had.
As the title of an article I found after the wedding (not very flattering about it) read "We´ll always have Caroline".
Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Royal Highness

No need to answer to persons who go on the battle of critics , Charlène is now the princess of Monaco, she lived at monaco in the palace, for me, a part this, no matter! from 2006(, times, she was for the first time with the prince, it is the same persons who critic her, ) and it will be the same persons which will go on, it becomes normal
Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel that criticism per se is not only allowable, but also sometimes constructive, desirable or even necessary.

If criticism becomes a source of belittling or hurting someone else, it ceases to be positive, and becomes destructive.