The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Courtier

And of course we do not know, whether he is "guilty", this is true.
Nevertheless all these news just around your wedding day and the first Princely wedding in Monaco since more than 50 years.... I really feel sorry for all directly involved, but mainly for Charlene. Your wedding day should be the most wonderful day in your life .... and then you have to face these horrible rumors.... guilty or not, I feel so sorry for Charlene, her "most wonderful day" may have turned into a nightmare. And thus I praise her dignity in these troublesome days.
BYe Bine

Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
sorry iceflower but for the BBC it is officials from the palace. It's on the cover page of the Telegraph which is not a tabloid. All this makes sense. The assignation from the lawyer which was finally not delivered to the Express (probably after Me Lacoste, Albert's lawyer, speaks with albert). and Stéphane Bern, in charge of the communication of the principality during the wedding and journalist on french television said it was too late to do a paternity test 3 days before the wedding.

I was referring to a quote from the article link you've given:

Quote:
The French news agency Agence France Press said anonymous officials spoke of "the truth" of a reported falling out between the couple earlier in the week and of a probable demand that Prince Albert take a paternity test.
I don't find any official announcement by the Princely Palace so far.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I could only admire her dignity during all the ceremony,that's maybe the cause why Charlene's father sometimes seemed to look angry and sad.
But I don't think Albert will be unfaithfull to Charlene,he is getting older and I doubt it
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I was referring to a quote from the article link you've given:

I don't find any official announcement by the Princely Palace so far.
They are talking about two different things. The official admitted that the Prince is facing paternity test. The quote was talking about the runaway bride story.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

There is a saying about leopards and spots ... I doubt Albert will change. And Charlene has accepted this otherwise she would have cancelled the wedding.

I hope that she can cope long term and that Albert will at least stop the PUBLIC humiliation by continuing to father children out of wedlock. He should save his energy to father some with his wife.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Courtier

^If he didn't learn how to used condom at the age of 53, he will never learn imo
Old 07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
It is horrible even if he is not father of the children - the posibility he might be (he evidentely isn't sure if he accepted paternity test...) shows that he was not always faithful and surely won't be after wedding...
If he has agreed to a paternity test, then surely there is the possibility that he is. Hopefully, Charlene agreed to the wedding because Albert is definitely sure he is not the father and the test is to prove that.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
They are talking about two different things. The official admitted that the Prince is facing paternity test. The quote was talking about the runaway bride story.

The quote also contained the paternity test.

However: As I said I'm not making any judgements, I am only waiting to see the official announcement
instead of articles only - that's all.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The quote also contained the paternity test.

However: As I said I'm not making any judgements, I am only waiting to see the official announcement
instead of articles only - that's all.
My sentiments exactly. I would also like to add that what does it say about the woman he was with. This child is allegedly 18 months old. Why was this not discussed sooner?

If is true...It is possible that Charlene knew about it and that she has forgiven him for his actions. Just because some of the story has been confirmed, by some secret source, does not mean it is all true.

Albert could very much be a man that made a mistake and is trying to be a better man or he could be a raging cad.

For what it is worth she seemed very happy to me.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not surprised they waited until the wedding to do this. Nicole tried to ruin his enthronement and now this. I hope Eringer is sued and what he doesn't tell anyone about his firing comes out. This woman should be sued if this turns out to be another Daniel who a paternity test proved wasn't his. These types of people are in it for themselves and money and don't care who they hurt. Anyone like myself who has paid attention with eyes open and seeing photos posted here knows Albert hasn't been faithful to Charlene. One can only hope now that he is married he is. I read the child was 3 months old add 9 it puts conception before the engagement announcement and he made a commitment that one can only hope he has honored. After everything Albert and his family went through with Nicole and Tamara he would deserve a good whack or two for not giving any woman a morning after pill if the condom broke. He is an intelligent man except something I have found regarding many people who are is they lack common sense.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Taking a paternity test is not admitting to anything. He may have agreed to it just to make the rumors go away. True or not it is also a horrible thing to come out with now. The first time the family was mourning for Prince Rainier and now they are trying to celebrate a wedding and this stuff comes up.

Quote:
I hope Eringer is sued and what he doesn't tell anyone about his firing comes out. This woman should be sued if this turns out to be another Daniel who a paternity test proved wasn't his. These types of people are in it for themselves and money and don't care who they hurt.
I couldn't agree more. Eringer all but promised he would pull something to ruin the special day and I think Albert backed off just so as not to feed the media fire. However, the way people keep taking this disgruntled nutjob at his word and repeating his endless succession of wild accusations I think he deserves everything the law can land on him and any other cohorts who may be involved.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Nobility

As Prince Albert is catholic, my guess is that he does not use any form of birthcontrol other than maybe 'rhythm'. That would be the most logical reason that he has two illegitimate children and a possible third.

I hope that now he is married, PA intends to be faithful to his wife. They had such a lovely wedding, I hope their lives going forward are as beautiful as the promise of their wedding day.

Despite his tendency to have illegitimate children, there is a lot to like about Prince Albert IMO.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
As Prince Albert is catholic, my guess is that he does not use any form of birthcontrol other than maybe 'rhythm'. That would be the most logical reason that he has two illegitimate children and a possible third.

I hope that now he is married, PA intends to be faithful to his wife. They had such a lovely wedding, I hope their lives going forward are as beautiful as the promise of their wedding day.

Despite his tendency to have illegitimate children, there is a lot to like about Prince Albert IMO.
Catholics use natural family planning which equates to abstinence during the fertile period. This requires intimate knowledge of your partner and I doubt Albert or Tamara or Nicole was interested in this.

What I see is that Albert severely resented having to use a condom since he must know that women sleeping with him would do just about anything to get pregnant. He's selfish and childish, plain and simple.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post

He does. His handlers provide them in his hotel rooms etc its in The Royal House of Monaco.

Edited to add: Both mothers used birth control pills and Nicole is Catholic. Its a personal choice.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
He does. His handlers provide them in his hotel rooms etc its in The Royal House of Monaco.

Edited to add: Both mothers used birth control pills and Nicole is Catholic. Its a personal choice.
What's your source?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Gentry

This is awful on what should have been the happiest day of their lives. No wonder they lookesd so uncomfortable today. I really feel for them.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Nobility

She was looking odly sad for a bride. As if she regretted the whole thing. Now there seems to be an explanation. Poor girl, no matter what the result of the test, she has now married a man who is incapable of keeping it in his pants.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
It is horrible even if he is not father of the children - the posibility he might be (he evidentely isn't sure if he accepted paternity test...) shows that he was not always faithful and surely won't be after wedding...
That is not necessarily true, if he is innocent he would most certainly want to prove it, wouldn't he? I hope that he is, but it is not sure until he survives the paternity test. The problem as I see it is, how many other women are going to come forward just for the publicity and noteriaty? In the past a woman would not have thought of doing such a thing ... but no more it seems. Some people just want to have their fifteen minutes of fame.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Well, if this is true, and unless Charlene has some underlying health problems, we know they won't have any trouble producing an heir in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Courtier

It seems to me that the moral of this story is: if you are a devout Catholic who refuses to use birth control then you should keep your pants zipped if you are single.

I don't quite understand the morality of this if it is accompanied by promiscuity.