The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Nobility

I don't want to comment on all the rumours because I think nobody than these two and their families might know the truth.
However - the trip to ZA definitely doesn't look like a honeymoon - with conferences and meetings.
Maybe this is the issue - and it would have been wise to have a honeymoon far away from press etc.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William went back to work after his wedding. What's the difference? I think they were both just trying to let the press settle down a bit before they went on their honeymoons.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Administrator

The difference is that people in light of the recent rumours, innuendos and newspaper reports are looking for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to support the salacious claims.

I believe (as supported by Lady Mac above) when the wedding dates were changed because of the IOC meeting (I believe that was the reason given) it was always understood (and explained) that Albert and Charlene would attend the meetings and than go on their honeymoon. So basically this has the plan for the last year or so....so why everyone is surprised I don't know. From the IOC meeting standpoint, nothing has changed except the scandal.

And for the record I know plenty of people (regular people like you and me) and have read of well known people (William and Catherine as example) who have gone back to work after the wedding before leaving on a honeymoon. Sometimes its because of work obligations (an important meeting or event that must be taken care of before they go away), sometimes its costs (their vacation cruise or destination doesn't start right away). Its happens everyday.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zonk, I think people have gotten wrapped up in the gossip that gets bigger with each repeat that the real details are forgotten or ignored. I deal in facts and someone is innocent until proven guilty. Albert has been tried and found guillty without the evidence which is really a personal matter between him, Charlene and the women who have made the claims. It takes two to make a baby yet, no one is saying a word about the women or their timing to decide and file a paternity suit. Odd one child is 18 months old, why did the mother wait until the wedding? She has had a full year since the engagement announcement but she waited to ruin the wedding IMO. Mad is my opinion like a mother who broke the news to the press after Rainier passed away and before Alberts enthronement. Darned if she didn't get her name back in the press supposedly being 2 months pregnant with Alberts child at the same time.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Commoner

And the soap opera continues....

Prince Albert arranges second honeymoon with Princess Charlene | Mail Online
Old 07-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by candi8305 View Post
This is what I don't understand. The palace said it was logistically better for Albert to stay at the Hilton, but why couldn't Charlene stay there too?

If he was in IOC meetings for those days, what was Charlene doing all that time?

Also, sitting in traffic is awful, but if I just got married, I'd rather sit in traffic (or rather have my DRIVER sit in traffic, while I chill in the back seat) and spend the night with my husband/wife, than skip the traffic and spend the time apart. That's just me, though.

Despite the revelations, the Palace insisted that the couple had now headed off on a 'secret' honeymoon, away from the inquisitive eyes of the world's media and sceptics

The media is inquisitive about everyone. And we wouldn't be so sceptical if this entire thing wasn't so shady!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by candi8305 View Post
This article shows just how unreliable this Tabloids are.
Quote:
'It was suggested that they had returned home to Monaco last Friday, but in fact they are still travelling in South Africa,' the source added.
No one knows what is going on.

In my search for more info and photos on the wedding I found this. Charlene is quoted about the change of the wedding date.

Quote:
"We have even moved our wedding date to be here."
Bunte
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Zonk, I think people have gotten wrapped up in the gossip that gets bigger with each repeat that the real details are forgotten or ignored. I deal in facts and someone is innocent until proven guilty. Albert has been tried and found guillty without the evidence which is really a personal matter between him, Charlene and the women who have made the claims. It takes two to make a baby yet, no one is saying a word about the women or their timing to decide and file a paternity suit. Odd one child is 18 months old, why did the mother wait until the wedding? She has had a full year since the engagement announcement but she waited to ruin the wedding IMO. Mad is my opinion like a mother who broke the news to the press after Rainier passed away and before Alberts enthronement. Darned if she didn't get her name back in the press supposedly being 2 months pregnant with Alberts child at the same time.

I agree. I think that the facts of this story is being lost in the media circus. I'm no fan of PA but I feel that the media have forgoten that their job is to report on facts and be able to back them up.

Please excuse my spelling and gramar, I have dislexiya.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Nobility

I already expected it that when they go into their honeymoon (after the IOCC) the press are going to call it as "Second Honeymoon".
Old 07-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Good point there!!!
Let's just wait a while and we will know if they went on their honeymoon or got back to business as usual just like Kate and Wills did.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Having children out of wedlock is part of the human condition. Our frailty, if you will, personafied. These days, though, if a woman does not want to have a child, she does not have to have a child. Rarely is it the guy's fault. This is one area (outside of rape) where a woman has all the say.

As to the state of the matters of Monaco, there was so much hysteria in here yesterday. I got caught up in it and got a severe reprimand from the moderator. I consider myself a mature person, but yesterday, I got to the point where I wanted to slap faces.

I vow to keep my senses about myself. Apologies to anyone I may have offended.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Separate hotels?!?! In their honeymoon?!?!? Ihihihihih...

Portada de Realeza y Personalidades - Información y curiosidades sobre las monarquías del mundo | Casa Real de Mónaco | hola.com

Michael Wittstock, padre de Charlene, explica por qué su hija y Alberto de Mónaco se alojan en distintos hoteles en Sudáfrica
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

So, where do we stand now in this "débâcle" ?? (Trust the french to have a word for that...)
The paternity suit(s) ...... holiday mayhem ...... and more...
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

It really would have been boring for Charlene if PA was in meetings all day and nite. She would have been better off just staying with her family a few days. Or maybe they went to the hotel with her. Of course the press would jump all over that too.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Please that off topic posts about the the world's trashiest royal families, the antics of Charles/Diana/Camilla, discussion about the agendas of Nicole and Tamara, as well as birth control pills --- its effectiveness, etc. have been deleted.

Let's get back on topic with General News and Information about Albert and Charlene (not everyone else).

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Monaco on Google Streetview:

La Principauté dévoilée sur Google Street View | monacomatin.com
Old 07-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Could you explain what that is please? I don't get it

BTW; Yesterday I heard on German TV that Charlene and Albert got on his plane together (not Albert back to Monaco by himself), destination unknown and they will be expected back in Monaco on 21th July.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
This is what I don't understand. The palace said it was logistically better for Albert to stay at the Hilton, but why couldn't Charlene stay there too?

If he was in IOC meetings for those days, what was Charlene doing all that time?

Also, sitting in traffic is awful, but if I just got married, I'd rather sit in traffic (or rather have my DRIVER sit in traffic, while I chill in the back seat) and spend the night with my husband/wife, than skip the traffic and spend the time apart. That's just me, though.

Despite the revelations, the Palace insisted that the couple had now headed off on a 'secret' honeymoon, away from the inquisitive eyes of the world's media and sceptics

The media is inquisitive about everyone. And we wouldn't be so sceptical if this entire thing wasn't so shady!!!!
One should not forget that she is a South African that now has made Monaco her home. Probably for her it is nicer to be in a luxurious place by the sea than in a business hotel in a big city like Durban. It's not as if she is a tourist there with the wish to go out shopping and sightseeing. Especially with the media hounding her and her husband away on business appointments. I just imagine myself in similar cicumstances: when my husband would be on business in Munich, I'd prefer to stay in the mountains if I didn't live in Bavaria anymore....

I'm convinced the stress of the wedding plus these ugly rumours left their mark on Charlene. Probably there is still a bit of relationship stress with Albert, though I believe they are sincere about their marriage. I am convinced that luxurious resort by the sea has all spa amenities that Charlene could want including the chance that she is not approached their by media, fellow guests (often one and the same) or nosy staff. Maybe she has secretly even her mother stay with her (and the hotel is discreet about other guests).

All completely understandible, IMHO. They have been together for five years before marriage. This is no innocent Diana with dreams of becoming a princess in her eyes. This is a grown-up top athlete (and these people are known for their disciplin, willingness to make personal sacrifices for their aims and a certain aggression in pushing towards these aims), who knows exactly what she got on her wedding day and how her life with him will be. I'm convinced she loves him and he loves her, but they are both not innocents and they are both certainly not naive. Arranging these days to suit themselves rather than to act for the reports of the media and the judgment of the readers is something I guess we'll see more often in the future of these two.

Charlene has some sort of street wiseness around her, a cynical light sometimes in her eyes which can make for a very dry, dark humour, fascinating personality and a deep-ingrained wish for a happy family life. Albert surely is a cynic as well when it comes to most people but his interest in the environment, in mankind's well-being in general and in the sports especially shows that he is able to see people as individuals, as good ones as well as bad ones, and not only as part of masses he may even detest. He at least to me seems as well somebody who treasures the values of family (which seems to include the people of Monaco) and wishes for his own personal haven of family happiness. Both are well suited, IMHO, but they are not in the habit of catering to other people's expectation but only to their own.
I must say I kinda like it.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

They are many years together, so I find not bad, that they didn't sleep together... They can make it in the future often... If I were Charlene, I would make also this. After a such busy time - wedding, parties, guests - maybe she needed a little bit relax. And this can you make better in this luxury hotel and not in a big city. They are not fresh lover anymore, maybe Albert wanted that Charlene makes a few days holidays only for her and her friends... We don't know...
Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Could you explain what that is please? I don't get it
I believe it's GoogleMaps advertising.