General News & Information for Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point. The only time I am willing to listen to someone complain is if I am offering a shoulder to cry upon.
Robert Eringer said in his blog that' "two friends in Monaco is a lot."

Advice to her PR people, have the next interview done by a friend, and the palace edits the content themselves.

Well, in Eringer's blog he basically says Prince Albert is at the heart of every conspiracy theory on earth and did everything from shoot Kennedy to hiding Jimmy Hoffa. It has been my experience that people, in their 'nature' I mean, are the same everywhere and the person who is friendly will have friends. The person who is aloof, stand-offish or reclusive will not. Maybe Charlene has stricter guidelines for what she considers a friend but we don't know that or what those standards might be. Everyone I've ever encountered in Monaco was perfectly friendly to me (though usually I was buying something from them). It also seemed like an odd thing to say, even if it was true because it's like telling the vast majority of people she's met and known over the last few years that "you're not really my friend". I'm sure that's not what was intended but it just seemed insulting to me and I would guess alot of people around her were hurt by it.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Well, for me, having only two friends says a lot.
But, i don't want to say negative things about her...i don't want to get into a mess here critizing her.
She seems cold at times. Maybe she is not a friendly person, who knows. Maybe she is expecting everyone to be extremely friendly since she is Albert's fiancée, i don't know.

But, i don't want to say negative things about her...i don't want to get into a mess here critizing her.
She seems cold at times. Maybe she is not a friendly person, who knows. Maybe she is expecting everyone to be extremely friendly since she is Albert's fiancée, i don't know.

I hadn't thought of that before, but you may have hit the nail on the head right there. Perhaps her expectations were too high regarding how she thought everyone would treat her being the 'main squeeze' of the Sovereign Prince.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

She could be cold, or shy, or conceited, or insecure, or out of her depth - we may never know which.
The only thing that matters to PA and her is that he wants her in his life.
He's in charge, and will continue to be so, and she has "carte blanche" for however long the relationship exists.

Having "only" two friends itself doesnt say a lot to me. The definition of "friend" is very subjective, some consider people as friends they add on facebook, some only call those friends who wouldnt mind negative impact on their own life in order to help, what - in the situation - could mean the number of so called friends drops dramatically and only a few remain, happens with "normal" people but even more so with royals, celebrities etc who are usually surrounded by parasites in disguise.

What does say a lot to me is that Charlene MENTIONS IN PUBLIC that she only has two friends in Monaco. Naive and clueless, not sure what else to say.

Did she really mention it in public? I don't remember ....

Recently Queen Liz went on Facebook, and she very wisely did not allow people become her "friends".

Nowadays we seem to be very careless with our language. By contrast, Will Shakespeare was very careful with his language, especially about "friends" and "friendship":

The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel."

How many of us can say this about his/her friends??

She could be cold, or shy, or conceited, or insecure, or out of her depth - we may never know which.

i dont know which one to pick, she always finds the cameras....and she doesnt seem to have much depth imo so take your pick but i do have to say its not a hard thing to make friends..ask some question, show some interests and there u go....its pretty easy..at least i think it is

i dont know which one to pick, she always finds the cameras....and she doesnt seem to have much depth imo so take your pick but i do have to say its not a hard thing to make friends..ask some question, show some interests and there u go....its pretty easy..at least i think it is

If you are shy, it is a problem. But she doesn´t look shy, you just have to look at the last photographs. A shy woman does not pose sprawled in a sofa. We have never seen Charlotte for instance in such photo productions, and I´m sure the press would be much more interested in her. She could have done it, but she is not the boasting type, probably because she´s been raised in that life style.
But if you always smirk and do not interact with ordinary people, and you don´t even try to exchange a word with them, you will never make friends.

Last edited:
In this Wikipedia article, shyness is described as a feeling of apprehension, lack of comfort, awkwardness, meeting unfamiliar people.

It may come from genetic traits, personal experiences, environment, and it can be made worse and become a social phobia.

Regarding CW, she may have come from "a culture that values outspokenness and overt confidence", but "to an unsympathetic observer, a shy individual may be mistaken as cold, distant, arrogant or aloof".

This may be an explanation of the way she seems to oscillate between being both reticent and "in your face".

Shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Charlene's defence, the French culture is very different from American culture. The French are more about being with family and maybe a smaller group of friends, whereas Americans are much more outgoing. Don't know anything about S. African culture. I am guessing the citizens of Monaco are very clickish. The same families have been together for 700 years. I also read that there is kind of a priest/parishioner or teacher/student relationship between the locals and the royal family. So I think part of the problem is just learning the different culture and trying to adjust to it. PG had a problem the first few years also.

Having "only" two friends itself doesnt say a lot to me. The definition of "friend" is very subjective, some consider people as friends they add on facebook, some only call those friends who wouldnt mind negative impact on their own life in order to help, what - in the situation - could mean the number of so called friends drops dramatically and only a few remain, happens with "normal" people but even more so with royals, celebrities etc who are usually surrounded by parasites in disguise.

What does say a lot to me is that Charlene MENTIONS IN PUBLIC that she only has two friends in Monaco. Naive and clueless, not sure what else to say.

You've hit the nail on the head. CW should not have said that to a reporter. She may have only two real friends and many acquaintances, but by saying this she has now offended those who now realize they are not in her circle. A royal court is a treacherous place to live and she should have been more careful in her statements. Real friends may be hard to come by but acquaintances are a necessary part of survival in a royal court and a state as small as Monaco. JMO.

You've hit the nail on the head. CW should not have said that to a reporter. She may have only two real friends and many acquaintances, but by saying this she has now offended those who now realize they are not in her circle. A royal court is a treacherous place to live and she should have been more careful in her statements. Real friends may be hard to come by but acquaintances are a necessary part of survival in a royal court and a state as small as Monaco. JMO.
It also says much about the fact that Cw has not been endearing herself to anybody even though she might have to serve the same people one day evidently.I am uncertain but I gather what she means by friends are bosom buddies or somethig with a streak of fellowship in it.
I think there are some trust issues here. And as ususal the more I attempt to figure this out the more confusing it becomes.
I only hope that Cw does find meaning in these two freindships she has.And yes I agree hibou discretion to reporters is the better part of valor

I really wish she hasn't done that Tatler photoshoot. Monarchies all around the world are cutting and she shows her jewels...i thought Albert wanted another image for Monaco...

I love the Tatler, however I do think the article focuses heavily on the Grace/Charlene thing, and I expected her to do either that or Vogue.

I don't mind her being photographed per se, but she barely looks like her real self.
It's a pity. She's allowing herself to be packaged.

"Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this is my life" lol

This is my second favourite after "I want to discover France" This woman already has a repertoire of quotes.

Yes, she doesn´t look like herself anymore. But if she thinks he looks like Grace..wake up.

Now that I take a second look, I really liked the tilte "To catch a prince"

Last edited:
"To Catch a Prince," that was good. I wonder what she had to do, to do that, hmmmm. I just don't get it, oh well, I hope Prince Albert finds out really soon if she's his sole mate and doesn't just settle for marriage because she is young enough to do the job.

Does anyone have the article from Tattler, they can post?

i now know what it is that brothers me about charlene and prince albert...they are not equals...now im not talking of non-royal vs royal or age difference but in the area of education and life experience..not the distance of life but the exposure to new ideas or different cultures etc

the civil weeding in monaco is the like the civil weedding in france.It's very short, the mayor reads the name of the brides ,for prince Albert, he will have to read all the titles he has, duc of Valentinois, marqueses of the Beaux and so, and the list is very long, the mayor must read the names of the the parents where they are living, the right of the brides, the names of the witness, and if there is a weedding agreement(the goods are in unit or separate) dans the rich families the agreement is always separate.The mayors recits the rights of the brides and there are the signatures and it is finished, the brides are married . this ceremony lasts half of an hour. The palace said that the ceremony will take place in the palace,It will be like the Albert'sisters weeddings in the room of the throne.
For the weedding of Princess Caroline, there were a civil weedding and a religious weedding in the chapel of the palace and no boardcast, there were no royals heirs nor kings but Duc of Cadix , Prince Emmanuel of Savoie, Aga knan, family of princess Grace and prince Rainer and hollywwod"s friends of Princess Grace, the number was very short and there were no fests in Monace

excuse me it is not on this board , i must say that but on the other board . I mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that matters to PA and her is that he wants her in his life.
He's in charge, and will continue to be so, and she has "carte blanche" for however long the relationship exists.

Please - not impressed; he settled for the one that looked best on his arm! She's a high-school drop out, not that interesting or bright - but, she "looks" right for the part. He has a son with a wonderful woman - who was also gainfully employed....but, she may not have "looked" the part. Then, he has a daughter with a woman in the US...perhaps she didn't fit the bill, somehow, either. I say he settled because he's not getting any younger, and neither is she - if she's to produce a legitimate heir for the throne, they better have already gotten started, because it could take years (once a woman passes 35), if it happens at all.....

thank you horsey for not being afraid to say that....they dont look like a true love match but a your good for rt now match

Horsey and Semi are courageous enough not to mind being shot at by others !!

For my part, I'm still undecided about the PA/CW "relationship". I wonder what Rainier would have thought of it, had he been alive.....
IMO he would have vetoed the match. Instead, PA seems to have lost no time after his father's death in choosing someone from the world of sport, whom Rainier may well have regarded as "not princely enough".

Let's hope it all works out okay....

From the photos at National Day and Chistmas gift giving, to me, it seems that the entire family loves Charlene. She is not going anywhere. From what Charlene supposedly said that she feels Prince Albert is her "Soul Mate" she definitely is not going anywhere. I'm actually loving seeing her transformation, I just hope that it is not of selfish means either on her part or his that she is going to be married. Good luck to the both of them, keep the photos coming!

ouch.....i got hit n the foot :)
i hope it all works- its just isnt romantic

Horsey and Semi are courageous enough not to mind being shot at by others !!

For my part, I'm still undecided about the PA/CW "relationship". I wonder what Rainier would have thought of it, had he been alive.....
IMO he would have vetoed the match. Instead, PA seems to have lost no time after his father's death in choosing someone from the world of sport, whom Rainier may well have regarded as "not princely enough".

Let's hope it all works out okay....
I think he wouldn't approve the match either. It's not surprising that Albert has brought Charlene to Rose Ball and Red Cross Ball since 2006, after Rainier's death.
Albert is doing things his way, let's hope Charlene will do her role correctly.

For anyone who doubts Rainier would approve, should remember who he married. I mean I LOVE Grace, but lets be realistic she was a celebrity from Hollywood! I would prefer a regular gal like CW then Albert to marry Anne Hathaway or Paris Hilton or Jennifer Aniston...

Yes, but is she really "just a regular gal" ??
If PA hadn't attended the Winter Games at Torino, they probably would have never met.
PA seems to have been "programmed" to meet a sports person - after all, he had relationships with one or two.

If PA hadn't attended the Winter Games at Torino, they probably would have never met.
They were dating since New Years Eve and she attended the games with him in 2006 and spoke to the press about it during the games. She disappeared shortly afterward and his nephew Pierre began to be seen with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom