The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
You have a point. The only time I am willing to listen to someone complain is if I am offering a shoulder to cry upon.
Robert Eringer said in his blog that' "two friends in Monaco is a lot."

Advice to her PR people, have the next interview done by a friend, and the palace edits the content themselves.
Well, in Eringer's blog he basically says Prince Albert is at the heart of every conspiracy theory on earth and did everything from shoot Kennedy to hiding Jimmy Hoffa. It has been my experience that people, in their 'nature' I mean, are the same everywhere and the person who is friendly will have friends. The person who is aloof, stand-offish or reclusive will not. Maybe Charlene has stricter guidelines for what she considers a friend but we don't know that or what those standards might be. Everyone I've ever encountered in Monaco was perfectly friendly to me (though usually I was buying something from them). It also seemed like an odd thing to say, even if it was true because it's like telling the vast majority of people she's met and known over the last few years that "you're not really my friend". I'm sure that's not what was intended but it just seemed insulting to me and I would guess alot of people around her were hurt by it.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, for me, having only two friends says a lot.
But, i don't want to say negative things about her...i don't want to get into a mess here critizing her.
She seems cold at times. Maybe she is not a friendly person, who knows. Maybe she is expecting everyone to be extremely friendly since she is Albert's fiancée, i don't know.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
But, i don't want to say negative things about her...i don't want to get into a mess here critizing her.
She seems cold at times. Maybe she is not a friendly person, who knows. Maybe she is expecting everyone to be extremely friendly since she is Albert's fiancée, i don't know.
I hadn't thought of that before, but you may have hit the nail on the head right there. Perhaps her expectations were too high regarding how she thought everyone would treat her being the 'main squeeze' of the Sovereign Prince.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

She could be cold, or shy, or conceited, or insecure, or out of her depth - we may never know which.
The only thing that matters to PA and her is that he wants her in his life.
He's in charge, and will continue to be so, and she has "carte blanche" for however long the relationship exists.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Having "only" two friends itself doesnt say a lot to me. The definition of "friend" is very subjective, some consider people as friends they add on facebook, some only call those friends who wouldnt mind negative impact on their own life in order to help, what - in the situation - could mean the number of so called friends drops dramatically and only a few remain, happens with "normal" people but even more so with royals, celebrities etc who are usually surrounded by parasites in disguise.

What does say a lot to me is that Charlene MENTIONS IN PUBLIC that she only has two friends in Monaco. Naive and clueless, not sure what else to say.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Did she really mention it in public? I don't remember ....

Recently Queen Liz went on Facebook, and she very wisely did not allow people become her "friends".

Nowadays we seem to be very careless with our language. By contrast, Will Shakespeare was very careful with his language, especially about "friends" and "friendship":

The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel."

How many of us can say this about his/her friends??
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She could be cold, or shy, or conceited, or insecure, or out of her depth - we may never know which.
i dont know which one to pick, she always finds the cameras....and she doesnt seem to have much depth imo so take your pick but i do have to say its not a hard thing to make friends..ask some question, show some interests and there u go....its pretty easy..at least i think it is
Old 12-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
i dont know which one to pick, she always finds the cameras....and she doesnt seem to have much depth imo so take your pick but i do have to say its not a hard thing to make friends..ask some question, show some interests and there u go....its pretty easy..at least i think it is

If you are shy, it is a problem. But she doesn´t look shy, you just have to look at the last photographs. A shy woman does not pose sprawled in a sofa. We have never seen Charlotte for instance in such photo productions, and I´m sure the press would be much more interested in her. She could have done it, but she is not the boasting type, probably because she´s been raised in that life style.
But if you always smirk and do not interact with ordinary people, and you don´t even try to exchange a word with them, you will never make friends.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

In this Wikipedia article, shyness is described as a feeling of apprehension, lack of comfort, awkwardness, meeting unfamiliar people.

It may come from genetic traits, personal experiences, environment, and it can be made worse and become a social phobia.

Regarding CW, she may have come from "a culture that values outspokenness and overt confidence", but "to an unsympathetic observer, a shy individual may be mistaken as cold, distant, arrogant or aloof".

This may be an explanation of the way she seems to oscillate between being both reticent and "in your face".

Shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

In Charlene's defence, the French culture is very different from American culture. The French are more about being with family and maybe a smaller group of friends, whereas Americans are much more outgoing. Don't know anything about S. African culture. I am guessing the citizens of Monaco are very clickish. The same families have been together for 700 years. I also read that there is kind of a priest/parishioner or teacher/student relationship between the locals and the royal family. So I think part of the problem is just learning the different culture and trying to adjust to it. PG had a problem the first few years also.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Having "only" two friends itself doesnt say a lot to me. The definition of "friend" is very subjective, some consider people as friends they add on facebook, some only call those friends who wouldnt mind negative impact on their own life in order to help, what - in the situation - could mean the number of so called friends drops dramatically and only a few remain, happens with "normal" people but even more so with royals, celebrities etc who are usually surrounded by parasites in disguise.

What does say a lot to me is that Charlene MENTIONS IN PUBLIC that she only has two friends in Monaco. Naive and clueless, not sure what else to say.
You've hit the nail on the head. CW should not have said that to a reporter. She may have only two real friends and many acquaintances, but by saying this she has now offended those who now realize they are not in her circle. A royal court is a treacherous place to live and she should have been more careful in her statements. Real friends may be hard to come by but acquaintances are a necessary part of survival in a royal court and a state as small as Monaco. JMO.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
You've hit the nail on the head. CW should not have said that to a reporter. She may have only two real friends and many acquaintances, but by saying this she has now offended those who now realize they are not in her circle. A royal court is a treacherous place to live and she should have been more careful in her statements. Real friends may be hard to come by but acquaintances are a necessary part of survival in a royal court and a state as small as Monaco. JMO.
It also says much about the fact that Cw has not been endearing herself to anybody even though she might have to serve the same people one day evidently.I am uncertain but I gather what she means by friends are bosom buddies or somethig with a streak of fellowship in it.
I think there are some trust issues here. And as ususal the more I attempt to figure this out the more confusing it becomes.
I only hope that Cw does find meaning in these two freindships she has.And yes I agree hibou discretion to reporters is the better part of valor
Old 12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if her 2 friends are PC and PS.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Charlene Wittstock in Tatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Two more pics: coco-de-belleville
Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really wish she hasn't done that Tatler photoshoot. Monarchies all around the world are cutting and she shows her jewels...i thought Albert wanted another image for Monaco...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love the Tatler, however I do think the article focuses heavily on the Grace/Charlene thing, and I expected her to do either that or Vogue.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't mind her being photographed per se, but she barely looks like her real self.
It's a pity. She's allowing herself to be packaged.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

"Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this is my life" lol

This is my second favourite after "I want to discover France" This woman already has a repertoire of quotes.

Yes, she doesn´t look like herself anymore. But if she thinks he looks like Grace..wake up.

Now that I take a second look, I really liked the tilte "To catch a prince"
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

"To Catch a Prince," that was good. I wonder what she had to do, to do that, hmmmm. I just don't get it, oh well, I hope Prince Albert finds out really soon if she's his sole mate and doesn't just settle for marriage because she is young enough to do the job.

Does anyone have the article from Tattler, they can post?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

i now know what it is that brothers me about charlene and prince albert...they are not equals...now im not talking of non-royal vs royal or age difference but in the area of education and life experience..not the distance of life but the exposure to new ideas or different cultures etc

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene