General News & Information for Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to post those pictures in her pics' thread.
She really, i mean really, does not look like her at all in those Tatler pics. She was heavily photoshopped, and with and style that reminds of...tadah! Grace Kelly!
I prefer her like she was in this last international festival of Monte Carlo, it's a more suitable style for her. Totally. This looks like a bad copy of Grace, wich paparazzi don't understand that is not nice to see her like Grace 2.0, she should be herself, like in the International Festival pics, she looked really nice there.

What are they trying to do with the photoshop? Now she doesn´t have broad shoulders anymore!!

i want to be photoshop in real life... not flaws
in anycase she needs to find herself and define her style be it 20's 30's 40's but minus the gloves...thats to old looking but following in someone else foot steps is sad and since she is to have a say in how a country is to be govern then she should starts with their pr people

By entering into this comparison, we are not com[paring like with like.

Of course PA has sovereignty and a degree of power which he has to share with the government and the trade unions. But being in charge of a dwarf state can hardly be compared with one of the leading nations in the world.

I hope I don't offend but I didn't know anyone considered Britain a "leading" nation anymore, but that aside the Windsors are certainly more high-profile but it was my point that the two are so unalike. The first woman Prince Charles asked to marry him actually said no -because being British royalty is a big headache these days. The Grimaldis are a more attractive choice because they actually have their independence and don't really have to answer to anyone. They don't have a parliament that has to approve their every expense, their money is their own to do with as they please, because they are not so high-profile they don't have major diplomatic events to deal with, they can pretty much do as much or as little as they like in whatever areas they choose.

I'm not just making this stuff up -I've heard it elsewhere too that part of the reasons it has become fairly standard procedure for British royals (and others) to marry commoners is because the noble women do not see being royal as that attractive anymore. They already have wealth and adding a royal title would just mean more scrutiny and less freedom. Most say 'no thanks' and so royalty only looks good to the commoners who often have an overly idealistic image of it all. Prince Albert, on the other hand, does not need the permission of his government to leave the country -he can just hop in his jet and go. No one frets about expenses if he takes the yacht out for a vacation. I think the Gimaldis are far the more attractive choice for someone looking to marry royalty.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

there are very few royals who have total control over a whole country(be it large or small) as seen from history their subjects eventually get tired of seeing their leaders run amuck with their lives,lack of morals or whatever......but people do get tired.
as seen from history some royals forget that their position rely on their subjects...so they to have to please somebody(ies) so yea the gimaldis look more attractives than other royal houses but there is more responsbilty..imho
but this forum is suppose to deal with general info on charlene

I think we're okay - it's the forum for PA and CA :))

Bones, I'm not offended :))) ... I realise the UK is going down the pan along with everyone else.

I agree with you also on the point of commoners turning down royals, partly because the aristos are sometimes impoverished, and, generally, they are often regarded as posh celebs rather than titled people.

When the BUNTE newsletter appears in my Inbox, the whole page is full of stories about actors, footballers etc. I have to click my way to the aristos...

What are they trying to do with the photoshop? Now she doesn´t have broad shoulders anymore!!

And what is all this display and boasting of wealth? Did any other royal fiancee pose in the palace much before the wedding? Perhaps the ones who follow other Royal Houses can tell me.

I really dont care for those photos.. Only one that is decent is the one on the palace courtyard?/ why do they have her posing that way in the palace.. looks kind of sleazy- IMO

I though MC was going for intelligent/serious image?

I don't particular care for the photos myself, if she were a model i would say great, but she is to be married to the Prince of Monaco, she shouldn't be slouching in the a chair in the palace or laying down on the ground by the pool in a designer gown. She's not a model. A little dignity and class is expected. Her handlers should know better.

Well at this point, I am starting to wonder if she has any handlers. I know names have been provided in the past, but they could be doing a better job.

Has it occurred to you guys that Charlene may have resisted having (and taking) advice from handlers? The Tatler pic may have been arranged by her herself...

She is a loose cannon, fairly strong-willed, and I doubt she would accept advice from onyone but her fiancé.

:previous::previous: Actually that thought did cross my mind fairly recently.

She has handlers but has decided to do things her way. Like Frank Sinatra:ROFLMAO: Well, if that is the case...she needs to stop. As previously mentioned, she is not a starlet so while I understand some pics of her near a pool as she is a former swimmer...she is not promoting a new movie.

And they need to cool it with the photoshop. Normally for magazine covers it doesn't matter...but when you start subsituting hands, faces, shoulders, its a tad ridiculous.

Its interesting to see how things have been handled with Daniel of Sweden and Kate Middleton. You haven't seen Kate since the engagement (only in grainy shots by the paps). Of course its a fairly new engagement but its very different. Very different.

Lady Diana Cooper after the abdication of Edward VIII of Great Britian compared the "reign" of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson (although not officially married they worked as a married couple when entertaining) as an operetta with that of George VI and Queen Elizabeth which she referred to as an institution. For some reason, this engagement made me think of that. Definitely different.

I hope this makes sense. I realize that every engagement (as well as every royal/princely house) is different. But I would have thought that the basics would remain the same.

Last edited:
I was just going to post those pictures in her pics' thread.
She really, i mean really, does not look like her at all in those Tatler pics. She was heavily photoshopped, and with and style that reminds of...tadah! Grace Kelly!
I prefer her like she was in this last international festival of Monte Carlo, it's a more suitable style for her. Totally. This looks like a bad copy of Grace, wich paparazzi don't understand that is not nice to see her like Grace 2.0, she should be herself, like in the International Festival pics, she looked really nice there.

I agree with you. I think it was one of my first posts on this board and it was shortly after the engagement, when I said that she looks like a bad Grace Kelly copy. The third picture in the link here, where she is wearing the white dress, is just ridiculous. I only wonder---who wants her to be the copy of icon Grace? Charlene herself or Albert? And by the way, the last picture is so much photoshopped, it is pathetic. I'm sorry (for the girl, too).

Kate (Catherine and Charlene in the New Era

Dearest Katrianna:
:flowers:I will disagree, in due course the icons (Grace and Diana ) will fade away, Grace's generation are retiring and expiring so will Diana's hence this era shall have passed. The people of this century (Charlene and Catherine) will create their own style. It seems as though Marlyn Monroe,President John Kennedy and Elvis Presley names were not allowed to move to the oblivion. Then came Michael Jackson. Due to the economic probllems that the world is facing now these names are being forgotion by the public. Major events are overriding these popular names.

Charlene and Catherine and their generation will create a system. The past two centuries saw Elenor Roosevelt. Lady Astor, the Vanderbelt ladies, lady Randolph Churchill and many more women who made their mark on the world including Queen Consort Alexandra. Not forgetting Queen Victoria whose name has left a Heading and Footnote. I do hope that I will still be alive to see the new dawn of Queen Catherine and the First Princess/First Lady of Monaco how they will light up this era.

:whistling:We are turning to a new Chapter.

Charlene pics in Tatler are horrible. IMO. Her face is so photo-shopped that it looks like a mask. Charlene is not even pretty in nature, rather masculine and rough but those pics made her even worse.

Dearest Katrianna:
:flowers:I will disagree, in due course the icons (Grace and Diana ) will fade away, Grace's generation are retiring and expiring so will Diana's hence this era shall have passed. The people of this century (Charlene and Catherine) will create their own style. It seems as though Marlyn Monroe,President John Kennedy and Elvis Presley names were not allowed to move to the oblivion. Then came Michael Jackson. Due to the economic probllems that the world is facing now these names are being forgotion by the public. Major events are overriding these popular names.

Charlene and Catherine and their generation will create a system. The past two centuries saw Elenor Roosevelt. Lady Astor, the Vanderbelt ladies, lady Randolph Churchill and many more women who made their mark on the world including Queen Consort Alexandra. Not forgetting Queen Victoria whose name has left a Heading and Footnote. I do hope that I will still be alive to see the new dawn of Queen Catherine and the First Princess/First Lady of Monaco how they will light up this era.

:whistling:We are turning to a new Chapter.
When you are into revisionism you are not turning a chapter.You have derived something- not even original from immortals like Diana and Grace and Audrey and thought you actually had an impact. Well guess what?The impact from Charlene and Catherine has been minimal.
Charlene looked great at the National Day in her Armani Privee suit and smashing hat but she will be tested time and again.Catherine was ok in demure jersey betrothal dress.These two have a long way to go before they ever join the ranks of the immortals like Diana and Grace whose impact was immediate and made us all dreamtaken.
I have to disagree on this one. Charlene has had to work on her image and maintain it at that level.Agreed she was exceptional at the National Day but will Cw sustain that?
No one can erase Diana and Grace because of any era's dawning or chapters turning.
Time alone will prove if Catherine and Charlene will leave the kind of mark the aforementioned ladies did and still do.

Honestly Charlene does not has to be smart. Good PR can do wonders. She may have very staged interview with prepared q & a. Many royals do that. I began to believe there are too many people involved in this wedding preparation, everyone has own ideas but really nobody is in charge: total chaos.

Pics of Charlene in Tatler are the worst professional pics of any royal I have seen for a long time. She appears cheap, her poses are horrible and outfits seem tacky although they are very expensive. Do we know the name of this horrible stylist?

I totally blame the stylist, advisors, PR people, etc...I remember a magazine photo shoot done just prior to the engagement announcement, Charlene was in a hotel and posed in expensive jewels, clothes right in front of a bed?? Why?? Who is advising her??

If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.:doh:

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

You have a point. The only time I am willing to listen to someone complain is if I am offering a shoulder to cry upon.
Robert Eringer said in his blog that' "two friends in Monaco is a lot."

I can only hope she has been badly misquoted by this reporter (stranger things have happened).

Advice to her PR people, have the next interview done by a friend, and the palace edits the content themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, you are listening Robert Eringer, he is aman who for us is not serious, he had a battle of justice Albert, I know why so many people of USA are again Pkrince Albert

ah, you are listening Robert Eringer, he is aman who for us is not serious, he had a battle of justice Albert, I know why so many people of USA are again Pkrince Albert
Some of the people in the USA who post here didn't like Albert long before the Eringer thing. Mention Prince Albert and you better say Monaco and son of Grace Kelly or they may think you are talking about Queen Victorias husband. Mention Eringer it would be whose that? With Grace gone the USA lost their star and interest. It was replaced by Diana and her sons who still have the spot light and will bump Monaco every time.

All the Tabloids have Kate on the cover including right after the engagement. Its Kate they are talking about and her dress on TV shows not Charlene and not Albert. Clearly the Monaco wedding won't be the wedding of the Century which their PR is pushing.

Last edited:
I'm from the USA and I like Albert and Charlene I don't think many here care about royalty. And to be honest Albert isn't that interesting his sisters actually got me started with royalty.

I have to say in defense of PA etc. that "The Wedding" seems to be publicised in a fairly low key manner.

It's the tabloids which are pushing the issue.

Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Pics of Charlene in Tatler are the worst professional pics of any royal I have seen for a long time. She appears cheap, her poses are horrible and outfits seem tacky although they are very expensive.

Originally Posted by Bones
If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.:doh:

Agree with both posts 100%!!!

The question remains, who advises Charlene or is this how she wants to be seen? Naive and clueless comes to my mind when I look at these pictures.

I get more and more the impression that Alberts first and foremost interest was putting all these bachelor and heir discussions at rest. I dont believe a second Charlene is - in all honesty - "The One".

Looking back to "the" photos, I could cry - because of the way CW is being marketed, packaged, rendered almost unrecognisable.

What is being fabricated is not a princess, but a stranger.

Agree with both posts 100%!!!

The question remains, who advises Charlene or is this how she wants to be seen? Naive and clueless comes to my mind when I look at these pictures.

I get more and more the impression that Alberts first and foremost interest was putting all these bachelor and heir discussions at rest. I dont believe a second Charlene is - in all honesty - "The One".
Albert himself doesn't know if she is the One. Which means that she actually is not the One. You just know when you have found the One. Albert hasn't.
He said it in PPDA interview and in other i don't remember well now.
As for Charlene...no comments.

Looking back to "the" photos, I could cry - because of the way CW is being marketed, packaged, rendered almost unrecognisable.

What is being fabricated is not a princess, but a stranger.
Renata do U suppose that CW should know better?
I think they attempted to transform her for the photography into a vamp and she is not one to begin with so it backfired.
Leave CW to her own devices.
Cw always lands on her feet when left to do so.

I think that since Prince Albert's father and mother died the princaplity is not the same. It doesn't have that charm/respectablity that it once had. I don't even think Prince Albert likes governing. His sisters don't look well, he doesn't look well, Charlene doesn't look like herself, Princess Caroline's husband his making a mockery out of her. I think they all need help.

I think that since Prince Albert's father and mother died the princaplity is not the same. It doesn't have that charm/respectablity that it once had. I don't even think Prince Albert likes governing. His sisters don't look well, he doesn't look well, Charlene doesn't look like herself, Princess Caroline's husband his making a mockery out of her. I think they all need help.
Hi Christine,
I do agree in part with what you are saying but Rainier and Grace were legendary figures that left their mark in time and history.They both identified with the ideal and the highest common denominators in all things.Monaco certainly is in a time of transition that needs to take a definite form again.
As for anybody needing help; I think that is a bit stretched.I think intermittently we all look unwell... there are pressures they are dealing with that the ordinary person does not have.Charlene looks fine.
Stephanie is doing fabulously and Caro's popularity goes through the roof..
All is good with the principality.

I agree with Lady Mac. I am from the Bahamas, and the only wedding that people mention- when they talk of one is William and Kate. We only see William and Kate on T.V. shows and on the magazines. Some people do not know who Prince Albert is.

Of course if you compare Monaco and UK.....besides William is Diana's son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom