The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Okay..so what is the timeline of Charlene "fleeing"

Because I can't honestly think of a day that she wasn't photographed by the press, either in Greece or Monaco................so it must have been quick attempt. And if she was being held back, I am sure she could have spoken to members of her family in SA to make a ruckus in the press.

Sorry....this whole story sounds fishy to me. I am not familiar with L'Express and maybe portions of this story are true but for me....something just doesn't ring true....how convenient for this to happen days before the wedding......its like a bad soap opera.

And if its not true, how sad and awful to do this to a couple days before their wedding. No matter who is doing it. That's classless.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Sadly - or happily - we may never get to the bottom of this fracas.

Both have been very involved in their "Project Marriage".

Let's hope that the two can have their day - without distractions. That's all that matters.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

I must admitt I was surprised too.
I don't know much about Monaco but from what I know of the french press, I can't dismiss the story as false. There is too much serious newspapers (Le Monde, Le Figaro) talking about it for this. For example, Le Monde rarely speaks about celebrities or people. So I think something actually happened, but what?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

Stephanie meeting the TF1 journalist and making this interview has been scheduled for a longer time. It was not in response to the rumors.

http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/programme-t...usionnel-.html
Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it is true, but Albert likes/liked the ladies.There was a German woman who accused Albert of fathering her child (his 3rd) and the claim was squashed by DNA results. I can't find a source for this, so it may or may not be true. It would make sense, though, as DNA results were required by the Prince for the other two children, which he subsequently recognized as being his. If science finds that he has more children, he will take care of them.

This current, allegedly pregnant woman has no standing until the child is born and DNA can be tested.

Albert has had a very long bachelorhood, with many, many girlfriends. He may have more children. If he does, I'm sure he has told Charlene, as I don't see him trying to hide anything from her. That would be foolish.

As for Charlene's feelings...just put yourself in her place. Someone trying to sabatoge your wedding would make you at least uneasy. She appears to be resolute and will wed her prince tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the lady you were referring to is Bea Fiedler.

Bea Fiedler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I think the lady you were referring to is Bea Fiedler.

Bea Fiedler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks, Renata.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Because I can't honestly think of a day that she wasn't photographed by the press, either in Greece or Monaco................so it must have been quick attempt. And if she was being held back, I am sure she could have spoken to members of her family in SA to make a ruckus in the press.

Sorry....this whole story sounds fishy to me. I am not familiar with L'Express and maybe portions of this story are true but for me....something just doesn't ring true....how convenient for this to happen days before the wedding......its like a bad soap opera.

And if its not true, how sad and awful to do this to a couple days before their wedding. No matter who is doing it. That's classless.
As I posted the first time I read about this was on Eringers QandA and someone came back saying she was in Greece for the Special Olympics which was supported with all the photos. A few days later it showed in the press. I don't believe it, her father and the Palace have denied the rumors. Charlene wears her emotions and I have seen happiness and sulking. Charlene is happy. She is not the type of person to fake being happy and if there is trouble in the marriage I'm sure we will see it through her.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:

According to Charlene's father, she flew to Paris on Monday (I don't know if that's the date the newspaper claimed she tried to leave). She supposedly went to look for shoes and a hat for the wedding.

Monaco royal wedding still on - Times LIVE

A police detective is saying she had her passport taken away. I really hope that's not true.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Courtier

I feel so sorry for Charlene, I feel so sorry for Albert. To have their wedding day tarnished and in some way ridiculed by these spiteful journalists is unforgivable, and cruel. There will come a time when these same journalists will want interviews. I hope Prince Albert will be like an elephant in this respect. ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I completely 100% agree. The French press has been on her like flies to honey ever since last June when the engagement was announcement...when did this alleged attempted flight to freedom occur??

In November at National Day she looked poised and serene.

We saw her in London for the wedding in late April looking radiant and relaxed...we saw her a few weeks later at the Grand Prix, holding hands with Albert looking gorgeous...then a week later in Menton, still beautiful..openly affectionate with Albert.

Anyone who believes that this strong, willful Amazon from South Africa is so good an actress that she would allow herself to be held against her will is really giving CW a LOT of credit.

Monaco is no armed prison camp in the Thirld World...she could summons help anytime she wanted to "escape".

I also agree with LadyMacAlpine that CW is frankly not great at hiding her emotions, a la Grace Kelly or Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

This "inside story" is beggining to sound very suspicious. And like Bones and a few others, I am even beginning to have some ideas about where it might have originated. But...I don't want to start World War III on TRF by spilling it, so whatever.

Great post Zonk.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I feel so sorry for Charlene, I feel so sorry for Albert. To have their wedding day tarnished and in some way ridiculed by these spiteful journalists is unforgivable, and cruel. There will come a time when these same journalists will want interviews. I hope Prince Albert will be like an elephant in this respect. ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET!
You are speaking of some of the most respected and most neutral french journalist, so "spiteful" towards the princely family of Monaco is a very exaggerated word. It is just journalists working, and journalists are no courtier or press attaché.
Of course, it is easy for me to speak as I have never fan of a special royal family, just a passionate observer, but being a fan gives no right to call name. A journalist is not spiteful because he is publishing a news someone dislike, or that would mean almost all the journalists of the world are spiteful.

Let the journalists work! It is about press freedom.

Sometimes when I read these boards I feel sorry for all the journalists who are trying to make a good job and for all those who try to be neutral and who are attacked when they publish something one don't like. Some posters here act like politicians when news they rather had hidden are published. This is very regretful.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with angieUK. It is "yellow" journalism. They have no proof, why hasn't the woman's name been printed, why do you think French journalists are above reproach? This is all hearsay so far.

The press has done this to Albert and Charlene 3 days before their wedding. They have accused him, but have not revealed his accuser. This woman needs to be "outed" and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm hoping that if this does not fade away, Albert asks for DNA (as he has always done), and if said child is not his, he gets his day in court, sues the woman for everything she's got and the several European press outlets as well.

The timing has really riled me --- true or not.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

Well, my precedent post was maybe a little passionate too but press and journalism freedom are very sensitive subjects in France. It happened too much this last years that our dear head of state and the government tried to keep papers they didn't like unpublished. It also happened that good journaliste were fired or good emissions deleted from the TV programm on presidential or governmental demand. Our country is very bad in the annual classment of journalism freedom. Some ministers even had words very close to Godwin point when some news were published, and the news were true. So we don't really like the name calling of journalists or the dismissal of their work. It is almost like a democracy denial for lot of french people.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

I don't usually see non-British royal news in the US news, but I did read about the newest scandal. In all honesty, I would NOT be surprised if Albert has another child on the way and I guess I had assumed Charlene was prepared to turn a blind eye to Albert's extracurricular activities. As for Charlene trying to leave -- if it is true, and she was prevented from leaving, I think it is a very worrisome situation and I hope Charlene has some friends or her family in her corner who could pull her out.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Whatever the truth, this story will haunt the couple for some time to come. There were already many cynics & now there will be a whole lot more. I just hope that Charlene will be happy in the life she has chosen to lead.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen121419 View Post
I don't usually see non-British royal news in the US news, but I did read about the newest scandal. In all honesty, I would NOT be surprised if Albert has another child on the way and I guess I had assumed Charlene was prepared to turn a blind eye to Albert's extracurricular activities. As for Charlene trying to leave -- if it is true, and she was prevented from leaving, I think it is a very worrisome situation and I hope Charlene has some friends or her family in her corner who could pull her out.

CW is a citizen of South Africa, and a rather famous one(now) at that. If she is or even was being held against her will for even a minute, the South African government through their embassy in France or Monaco would get involved, and the ugliest of political incidents would ensue.

With Archbishop Tutu of South Africa as one of CW's friends and mentors, it is almost laughable to think she is anywhere other than where she wanst to be.

Either it is true or the whole thing is a lie...I suspect the truth is somewhere in between(a minor row between CW and PA that was overheard by some Palace flunkies and embellished for journalists)

But I don't think she was ever held there against her will.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Courtier

I wonder why Charlene doesn´t deny the rumours by herself
Old 06-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

No doubt she is being told by the Prince and the Palace flacks to shut up and let THEM handle things!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Commoner

I don't hold a very high opinion of Charlene but one can't help but feel sorry for her with this mess just days before the wedding. There are hints that it's bigger than just another child but who knows if the real story will ever come out.

For those doubting the veracity of the original claims about her trying to make a run for it, you have to realize that we're not dealing with some made up stories from tabloids similar to the The Sun and The Daily Mail. The French press reporting on this story are very well respected and don't dabble in tabloid gossip. One can't look at the Palace for truth because as we know they will deny anything like Alberts 2 children. The fact that the palace didn't send all their lawyers after the publications to retract the story is another indication that things are not as they seem. They're just denying and demanding the names of the sources that now include a high level member of the police.

Charlene knows what kind of man Albert is so I'm sure she knows what she's getting into but I still wish her happiness even though I think it's a marraige of convenience on both their parts.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene