The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I also agree with you re financial security. Be it that job options for women have only really come into their own the past twenty or so years.

Quote:
But perhaps it is also true is that people in the past were not quick to throw in the towel at the first sign of serious trouble or failure?
Definitly. I think the differences we see today can be attributed to a sfift in social values. As we "evolve", so does the way we perceive everything.

Furthermore, we live in a very self orientated environment nowadays. Everything is about the inadvidual and their needs before all else and all others. And to an extent I agree with this. But of the fundamental charity and selflesness which is now lacky from society and relationships, I find it quite disheartening.

Quote:

And that makes me sad, it does not make me ignorant or resistant to change.
There's a difference between someone who can acknowledge social change, and someone who point blank doesn't want to know about it. Evidently, you are not the latter and it was to those who I refer.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Social change is a fact of life. None of us are immune from it.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Solipsism at its best, or worst, as the case may be.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Courtier

How come Albert & Charlene weren't at the beatification of Pope John Paul II this past Sunday? Other Catholic Royal Houses were (please read the thread over in the Belgian Forum). This makes the House of Grimaldi appear in a bad light imho.

I at least expected to see Princess Caroline there. After all Pope John Paul II granted her annulment to her first husband in 1992, thereby legitimatizing her 3 children, though he was upset about her getting pregnant before marriage to Stefano Casiraghi, and even had a private sitting with her. Still, she didn't learn, and once again became pregnant before marrying Prince Ernst. :(

Anyhow, I'm disappointed in the House of Grimaldi, please set a better example as high profile Catholics. Thank You.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stefan Bern said during the wedding of Prince William that Prince Albert are preparing the open of the Princess Grace exposition which will take this week at Sao Paolo.
Prince Caroline is separat of her husband Ernst August of Hanvre and we cannot speak about Princess Stephanie.
There were the first ministre of Monace with Mgr Barsi who represented the principauty of Monaco.
I think it was enough, it was only the beatification of a the pope Jean Paul II, not the funeral nor the crowning
Old 05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know, i think they should have been there...i mean, they weren't there, but they will have a meeting in 2012 with the Pope.
I don't think it was enough, there's a reason why all Catholic royals were present. Barsi is not enough, imo.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Sanctification is the higher one of the ways of creating a new saint.
Beatification is the lower option. Perhaps that is the reason for absence.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I don't know, i think they should have been there...i mean, they weren't there, but they will have a meeting in 2012 with the Pope.
I don't think it was enough, there's a reason why all Catholic royals were present. Barsi is not enough, imo.
I am disappointed. There are enough Grimaldi's for at least a handful of them to have been there. Even if Albert and Charlene were not there, Caroline, effective First Lady of Monaco, should have been there, at a minimum.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

the children of Caroline could attend to this event but that the Grimaldi family would not be there, it is not the matter. It is not useful for the royals to be there, there were Mgr Barsi and First minister who attend this event, for me it is enough,Who see that the family of Monaco was not there? Nobody . We did not see the royals at the tv and the pope is now a saint.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are pics of Letizia and Felipe, Alois of Liechsteing, Maria Teresa of Luxembourg...even Berlusconi.
I don't know why wouldn't Albert and Charlene be there? Beatification might be lower, but the other royals were there, no matter how "lower" that can be. Plus, this occasion could have been useful to Charlene to show people that she is catholic now, as well as to go to Easter Mass with Albert, wich she didn't.
But all right, if it's ok for most of you, i have no problem. I just see no valid excuse for the Monaco royals, that have strong catholic ties to the Vatican.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

ALbert could not attend to the beatification of the pope, he must open the exposition of Princess Grace in Sao paolo. Charlene is to new in the religion of catholic.
Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre could go they are parts of the Family of Monaco, but they attend only the balls not this event.It is not because all the royal families who attend to this event, they must make the same thingh.
For the eastern mass, we never see the family attend to the mass as the english royal Family make it, they have the church Palatine inside the palast and they have their own prior.
They only go to the cathedral at the national fest or at the Sainte devote fest also you cannot say that Charlene did not go to the church for the eastern mass
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

The fact is noone is 100% in their religious beliefs. I don't know anyone even those who are devout in their faith practice it 100%. A few are close to it but no one is 100%. Anyone who expects someone or their family, husband or children to do this or expect a royal family of a particular faith to do this will be very disappointed. No one is perfect either but people I guess expects royal to be perfect or live a lifestyle of a monk. If you go back into history, you will find no one comes even close to 100% or even 50%.

The fact is I don't worry about if royals live their faith or how other live their faith 24/7. They don't worry about, attack or criticize other people or their subjects or citizens for what they do or how they live. In most European countries, a person's lifestyle or sex life is considered a personal private matter, not something discussed, not to be made into a political issue (Like it often is in the United States). If the United States had royalty or royal family we would be discussing their private life very publicly.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Commoner

NascarLucy:
I agree with you, " If the United States had royalty or royal family we would be discussing their private life very publicly." being your neighbor from the north I see how Hollywood stars are "tracked down". Every steps every move is examine not once but a zillion time!

As for Pope JPII - I understand Melina Premiere point of view. But I think we can all agree that it would have been nice to see them there.

I have a quick question: Do we know where Charleen is? Is She in Benoni? Usually we would have gotten some very nice paparazzi photos, or other photo ops. Does any one have any info?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Were all royals who are Catholic invited to this event? Are people who are not Catholic invited to this event? It would have been nice if they were there Prince Albert and Charlene. I sort of came in the middle of this, so don't know too much about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Courtier

I stand by my opinion and will not back down one iota, though I concede I didn't know that Monaco had some form of representation in the form of First Minister of Monaco and Mgr. Barsi. Thank you, melina premiere, once again for another valuable piece of info., much appreciated. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

In Nice Matin, it is said Prince Albert is at Sao paolo to open the exposition of Princess Grace, he has a dinner with governement,but it is a very quicly travel 4 and 5 may , I think they have both many things to prepare the up coming wedding and in May and in June, there are many events.
Grand Prize which attracks many tourists and money with ball on the evening
TV festival which is very famous with ball and amber show
Blessing of the Cathedrale which fests his centenary june 11th, I think we will see all the family there
and the program of the wedding is very loud two weddings during two days, concert of Jean Michel Jarre and the cocktails one with the monegasque one with the residents
religious wedding with all the royals and guests and ball and firework
the concert on june 30th. All this things must be ready for these days.
I think Charlene is at Monaco, but in Monaco there is a rule of privat life who protects her, paparrazzi cannot take photos , and there were so many proces that the paparazzi do not take any photos . From the engagement, we see only photos of Charlene at public avents. It is not like The princess Cathrine who had always paparazzi on her steps
Old 05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Commoner

I think Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock make a great couple, They looked very happy attending the Royal Wedding, I think Monaco has been missing something since Princess Grace died perhaps Charlene is just what they need!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Commoner

They look happy when they see cameras spotting them.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Margarita .....

Just a quick point on the controversy around PA not attending the beatification:

The relationship between the Principality of Monaco and the Vatican State is - partly (or mainly?) - a formal relationship between two states. PA despatched Michel Roger, his Minister of State, to attend the occasion. End of story ..... except that it might have repercussions on the plans for the Pope's visit to Monaco...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaritaII. View Post
They look happy when they see cameras spotting them.
How many people to you know who go around with a smile on their face 24/7 no matter how happy or in love they are and no matter the event they are attending. I guess for some people the glass will always be half empty and that colours their view of the world.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene