The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The media seemingly can't get enough of the Grace / Charlene comparison.
Yeah I wonder if it will ever end. For Charlene's sake I hope so, perhaps after the wedding and after she has proven herself.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

I have a question, but didn't know which thread to ask it in.

I was wondering, if Albert were not the reigning prince or Monoco, and instead he were just a regular prince of Monoco, say he were they younger brother or something, would Charlene's royal title after marriage then be HSH Princess Albert of Monoco? I'm assuming that since she will marry the reigning prince of Monoco that she will have the right to be know as HSH Princess Charlene of Monoco, but I am not for sure. This question occured to me after all of the discussion of what Catherine's royal title will be after she and William wed. I was just curious as to what Monoco's protocal was in this situation and wondering if anyone knew the answer.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

I think in Monaco the women have always used their own name.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that's correct.

See: Line of succession to the Monegasque throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The article states nothing about whether wives and their titles. Stephanie and Caroline are Princess A and Princess B as they are born to it.

It states that Charlene when she comes to the throne will be referred to as Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco, Duchess of Valentina, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Baroness of Sain Lo, 101 times Dame. Well it actually says she will hold the same title as Princess Grace did, and officially Grace was not Princess Grace of Monaco but the title above.

Stephanie and Caroline are Princess Stephanie and Princess Caroline as they are non ruling princesses. Albert was as heir his serene highness the hereditary prince of Monaco, and is now his serene highness the sovereign prince of Monaco, maquis of baux.

Like her late mother in law Charlene will informally be called Princess Charlene, but the above is her official title when she weds.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania View Post
I have a question, but didn't know which thread to ask it in.

I was wondering, if Albert were not the reigning prince or Monoco, and instead he were just a regular prince of Monoco, say he were they younger brother or something, would Charlene's royal title after marriage then be HSH Princess Albert of Monoco? I'm assuming that since she will marry the reigning prince of Monoco that she will have the right to be know as HSH Princess Charlene of Monoco, but I am not for sure. This question occured to me after all of the discussion of what Catherine's royal title will be after she and William wed. I was just curious as to what Monoco's protocal was in this situation and wondering if anyone knew the answer.
I think the concept of a woman using the female title with her husbands name, ie.Princess Michael of Kent and potentially Princess William of Wales, is more of a German usage and brought to the UK with the Hanovarians.
If there were a spare prince in Monaco my guess is that his wife would use her own name, like Camilla of Bourbon Two Sicilies or even Marie of Denmark, but probably the decision would be up to the reigning monarch at that time.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

# 375
Melina gave us pictures from the PA interview on the Swiss TV magazine "Glanz und Gloria. Here's the link to this short, impromptu interview:

http://www.glanzundgloria.sf.tv/Nach...seine-Hochzeit
Old 02-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
# 375
Melina gave us pictures from the PA interview on the Swiss TV magazine "Glanz und Gloria. Here's the link to this short, impromptu interview:
Exklusives Video: Fürst Albert redet über seine Hochzeit - Royal - glanz & gloria - Schweizer Fernsehen
PA does not need to marry for having children. He is the ruler and can change the laws his father left him with. His image of Admin is what he needs for people to take him seriously and his plans to bring in new tourists maybe include marrying someone from a diff't place? I guess we can all hope they will be happy, but seems things are already going to CWs head and she cannot seem to speak graciously about the people she will want respecting her. She has had five yrs to learn and this is the best she could do??? I hope she grows up.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

He said at the end of interview, a child or two will be a benediction, where have you heard he does not want children?What is wrong on this interview,you want to be deaf, when it does not please you and you attack on
others things which have no rapport whith the report.what he said in the interview about the support of the lifepartner to meet the challanging is a good thing for Charlene.He sees that Charlene is abble to be a support.You must critize and you say thinghs who are not thrue
Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

It was a normal interwiew. Albert's answers were very reasonable and realistic. He already has two children. I don't believe he is so much in love with CW, but he finds her a suitable life companion. They have known each other for ten years, they can control the other's bad habits, they have the same leisure, the same interests etc.I really think he doesn't need an educated, carreer girl for marriage. He needs a woman with basic education who shares his sport interest, and has the quality to furfill his wishes.
About his future child(ren): Albert knows he must produce a male offspring. He is now satisfied to have two children. If his first legitime child will be a boy I think he would not want to have another baby. However I think Charlene would insist on having two kids. A boy and a girl would be perfect for them!
About marriage. I would be really nervous if I should organize such a big public event like PA and CW wedding. They have to impress the media with a amazing show.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I think this latest post from Melina is perhaps one post too many ??

As far as I can see, everyone here (within reason, I presume?) can offer constructive criticism regarding the people we discuss here.

The phrase "you want to be deaf" is somewhat unfortunate IMO, and constantly attacking others by attacking them in the same breath is, frankly, not helpful to the discussion.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

What do you know about the feelings that Albert has for Charlene, do you live in the palace to say that? no ,it is the weeddding where the couple are the most discret which succeed, the others are for the gallery.When you look the photos of Diana and Charles enlaced and this photo looks like strange to the engagement of William and Kate photo, who would have say there was Camilla Parker behind and there weedding would fail some years later?.It was the same thing for other couples, Have you hear what Princess Stephoany said about the weedding of his brother?.She said that she was very happy to see her brother happy and there love blessing, the love beetween them that she saw for many years.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, what can you expect? Of course Stephanie is not going to tell in public that they don't love each other and that all this is a business deal. Who knows? Only Albert does.
I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
It was a normal interwiew. Albert's answers were very reasonable and realistic. He already has two children. I don't believe he is so much in love with CW, but he finds her a suitable life companion.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

Nathalie Cox, you have right. By the way Princess Steph won't say a word against the couple. I think she likes CW and the family get used her presence in the principality. Steph is OK with their relationship. The engagement isn't Steph's deal. It is the "fellowship" of CW and PA.Whether they love each other or not ,it doesn't matter. It doesn' t influence the facts.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

In Prince Albert's interview with Glanz and Gloria, I get the impression from him that he seems relaxed and sure of the impending marriage. He mentions that he was happy before but this is just the next step. I still believe that this was all planned out perhaps even by several years already. Personally, i can't wait, let the spectacular begin!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if Prince Albert and Charlene will be visiting the United States this year? I know that he was here quite a while ago receiving the Teddy Roosevelt Medal and also he gave a speech to the National Press Club but that was at least a year or two ago.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

PA visits the US several times a year; sometimes it's a personal visit and not publisized. I think all of the Grimaldi clan visit the US at least once a year. Probably mostly New York and Philidelphia.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
PA visits the US several times a year; sometimes it's a personal visit and not publisized. I think all of the Grimaldi clan visit the US at least once a year. Probably mostly New York and Philidelphia.

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Prince Albert II's boat

does any body have information regarding what kind of boat/s Prince Albert II owns??
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz View Post
Does anyone know if Prince Albert and Charlene will be visiting the United States this year? I know that he was here quite a while ago receiving the Teddy Roosevelt Medal and also he gave a speech to the National Press Club but that was at least a year or two ago.
They will be in SW Florida on Saturday the March 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by er1170 View Post
does any body have information regarding what kind of boat/s Prince Albert II owns??
He doesn't own currently own any.

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene