General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Art is in the eye etc..............the painter should stick to chocolate box covers where the subjects are from the imagination and not from real life.

You can usually tell twhen a painter has done this, rather than have the genuine article sitting in front of them. GRace looks like something out of Disney; and Charlene looks like nobody I recognise.

The portrait is pretty on the surface (impossible to make her unpretty :) ), but the vibe they chose for her is all wrong... this for me is indeed a glammed up air-headed barbie doll, exactly what P.Charlene isn't in real life...
It's a cartoon image really... an fairy tale image of a princess the way 6 year old girls think of princesses..

Missed opportunity..

When I watch the paintings of Princess Grace, for me, it is the same thing,the princess Grace did not look like to nothing , she looked like princess of cartoon of Walts Dysney. Same things for her daughters Caroline and Stéphanie, same things for the other princesses of Spain, Norway, Sweden, and Kate. In two days, we will watch all these princesses with their diademes, jewellery long dress at the enthronement of WA. we will see them also at the wedding of Madeleine of Sweden, all this spectacle is for the young girls aged of 7 ages. It is not the real life we use to know . It is the same things for the princesses of monaco as the princesses of the princesses of all the monarchies.

Well, Princess Charlene looks like a character of Walt Disney in this painting..thank God the other Princesses who will attend W and M coronation won't be painted by Ralph..they will just be photograph by cameras :

Also, Melina, are you Charlene's grandmother? You don't seem to understand constructive criticism.You alwsys has to bring other Royal families to the mix and draw comparison.Walt Disney or not, Princess Grace is/will always be the great Princess of Monaco.

Last edited:
I think Melina is saying that the paintings of Grace as like Walt Disney, and the one by Ralph looks like that to me. That doesnt have anything to do with Grace personally - it says everything about the artist.

This latest one of Charlene is dreadful - it doesnt look like her and actually appears like a remodelling of the one of Princess Grace. This is my opinion of the paintings, and therefore the artist.

The Dutch royal website says Albert will attend the installation of the new King but Charlene's name wasn't there. Does anyone know why she won't be there? I am so disappointed.

The Dutch royal website says Albert will attend the installation of the new King but Charlene's name wasn't there. Does anyone know why she won't be there? I am so disappointed.

I don't believe there was a reason given. But I've heard she'll be travelling abroad.

Thats interesting isn't it !! You would have thought any trip abroad would come second to an invite like this...... but then as stated she was not on the invite list. I find that very very peculiar. I don't think we are in the realms of fairytale endings where these two are concerned. Every photo I see of her she has that glazed/sad/medicated look to her....no glow.. no joy... unlike the beaming smiles from virtually every other young European Royal Couple. Watch this space I say!

I don't mean to get ahead here but it seems like Caroline and her family (Andrea in particular) will determine the future of Monaco. I really wouldn't be surprised if Albert dies childless (divorced?)

Honestly don't see what could possibly be more important than attending the inauguration of a future monach.

I don't mean to get ahead here but it seems like Caroline and her family (Andrea in particular) will determine the future of Monaco. I really wouldn't be surprised if Albert dies childless (divorced?)

Honestly don't see what could possibly be more important than attending the inauguration of a future monach.

ehhh I think we can safely say he won't die childless thats for sure.

I'm really disappointed that Charlene appears not to be attending the inauguration. When she has accompanied Albert to these "royal meets" she has been a very graceful addition. He will cut rather a sad figure if he attends alone. I agree it is difficult to think what other "travels abroad" could take precedence unless there is a serious family matter.

Sooo disappointed that P Charlene will not join the Prince in Amsterdam...so wanted to see her wear a tiara at last!!

ehhh I think we can safely say he won't die childless thats for sure.

Lol yeah, he has two children already who can't inherit the throne.He should've married Nicole instead."Charlene is there but not quite there"..her tiara debuted in an exhibition , at a Cartier poster and the Red Cross ball as a necklace.The sash of her order of St.Charles is too wide and the masculine version.Everything seems"half cook" when it comes to these couple. I was excited with their wedding but not anymore..something is off and I'd keep further comment to myself.I still like her tho, she seems sweet and I wish she finds her own place, where/when ever will it be.

I think Melina is saying that the paintings of Grace as like Walt Disney, and the one by Ralph looks like that to me. That doesnt have anything to do with Grace personally - it says everything about the artist.

This latest one of Charlene is dreadful - it doesnt look like her and actually appears like a remodelling of the one of Princess Grace. This is my opinion of the paintings, and therefore the artist.

The work of the artist is not great. The pose of Charlene is stilted. Maybe Cowan was chosen because he has done portraits of the Grimaldi family in the past. His paintings are not to my taste. The one of the entire Grimaldi family looks like a cover of a romance novel.

A couple of posts discussing the speculations of an Italian gossip magazine have been deleted according to the TRF rules.

Charlene in Vogue Japan this month

Link

Thank you for posting this. A very interesting set of pictures in the way Charlene has chosen to present herself ( I'm assuming she has had say about both the photo shoot and image choices). Some of the poses she adopts, particularly the one above Monaco suggest fashion model rather than Princess consort. I know Caroline, Charlotte and Stephanie have all gone down this route before, but I would have thought she might have moved away from this now she is the First Lady and try to reflect a more human, interesting and dare I say royal aspect. However, there are some very nice pics, although the front over is airbrushed to the point that it could be a waxwork model of Charlene.

Thank you for posting this. A very interesting set of pictures in the way Charlene has chosen to present herself ( I'm assuming she has had say about both the photo shoot and image choices). Some of the poses she adopts, particularly the one above Monaco suggest fashion model rather than Princess consort. I know Caroline, Charlotte and Stephanie have all gone down this route before, but I would have thought she might have moved away from this now she is the First Lady and try to reflect a more human, interesting and dare I say royal aspect. However, there are some very nice pics, although the front over is airbrushed to the point that it could be a waxwork model of Charlene.
I completely agree with you. She presents herself more as a top model than as the First Lady of Monaco. It would have been expected from her, if she wants to poses in magazines to draw attention on a cause, rather that only pictures of her posing like that ! These pictures brings nothing to Monaco.

Vogue may have donated a hefty sum of money to PC Foundation and their request was for these types of photos. Her foundation won then. Unless someone can read Japanese, we not sure what was said.
Think this photo shoot would have been accepted only if PC was happy. PC is everything but vain in my opinion....
Think this was a win-win situation.... Vogue is into selling mags, PC is probably trying hard to get her Foundation off the ground.

I don't care that she's airbrushed; I expect that. She is just fabulous to me. As for being "First Lady," not true. She is the Princess of Monaco. First Lady is reserved for the wives of elected heads of state.

Well, I agree with you in some points but I would like to say that she has posed for VOGUE,which is a FASHION-magazine, all the ladies who are photographed for that prestigious magazine wear glamourous clothes because that is the reason why people buy it-they want to see pretty pictures:flowers:
The pictures with Charlene are not bad, she has shown herself as very versatile and stylish,but my favourite one is the picture with the dog + the photo with the cherry blossom,I would like to see more of that kind! The picture with the dog is showing a kind,relaxed and joyful side of her that we do not see very often in her public appearances,that´s why it is so special and nice.
Also,the amount of photoshop and airbrushing in such magazines-not only on celebrities+royals but also the advertisements,editorals and the pictures of models is just bizarre and no longer beautiful anymore. This is one of the reasons why I do not buy such fashion magazines because they show images of women that are completely surreal and have so little in common with the real people that they might as well use wax dolls from Madame Tussaud´s and there would be no difference!

Overall I liked the picture spread in the Japanese Vogue,but Charlene is still new to this whole circus and surely she will learn and get even better in the future!
Also, she has said in an interview that she would like to support Monaco in her role by bringing back the glamour and style that made it so famous (thanks to Grace Kelly!) and IMO she has a good taste in fashion. Compared to other Crown Princesses she dresses rather conservative and minimalistic,but I like that she does not try to compete with celebrities and she has her own ideas about beauty and elegance.

Last edited:
. Princess Caroline, princess Stephanie their daughters Charlotte and Pauline also posed. they posed in Gala and other newpapers. Princess Grace also posed for newspapers.They all lookes like actresses. It brought nothing apart to make speak about Monaco. Some photos were beautiful and some photos were very ugly.
I like the photos, specialy the photo with the dog.The photos with the tree in flowers, the beautiful landscape of Monaco behind charlene are awesome. Other people like the photos Other people do not like them.
The photos are in the Vogue of Japan.Now in monaco, the princely gouvernement makes adversing of monaco to the lands of Asia and nowadays to the Japan.Vogue Japan wanted to make know more Charlene to the people of Japan.
I

I don't care that she's airbrushed; I expect that. She is just fabulous to me. As for being "First Lady," not true. She is the Princess of Monaco. First Lady is reserved for the wives of elected heads of state.

But she is the wife of the head of state of Monaco.

But she is the wife of the head of state of Monaco.

She is the wife of the reigning monarch, not an elected head of state. We would not refer to Sonja, Silvia, Maxima. Paola, MT, Marie or Sofia as First Ladies either.

I think the pictures of Charlene are beautiful. Do not care if air brush has been used. She looks happy and that is the important thing here IMO. She looks fabulous :)

It is not the place to ask this.
the dog seems to look like the dog which belonged to the prince Rainier. Is It this dog?

It is not the place to ask this.
the dog seems to look like the dog which belonged to the prince Rainier. Is It this dog?

I think you could be right. I just checked on the age of Odin when Rainier died and he was just 6 years old, so it is more than likely he is still enjoying the heights of Mont Agel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom