General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert has been nominated to Ice Bucket Challenge - so now we wait for the video and his nominations. I bet there will be somebody from royals, someone from IOC (this maybe the same person) and someone from family (probably one of his nephews or nieces).

Or he will donate quietly and classily. :flowers:

Swedish artist and painter Niklas Amundson tells at an interview in Svensk Damtidning about how he got contact with prince Albert via their joint hobby of sailing and boats. Niklas made a painting of the expedition to Northpole which Albert did in 2006 and gave the painting to the prince on his 50th birthday. The painting is now at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco.
http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Niklas-AlbertDSC-_1ABD99A-comp-800p.jpg
http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AlbertSlutliga.jpg

Amundson made also painting of Charlene, and gave it to her in Monaco. He says that he thought that no one would be interested in him, when he went to the revealing event. But everyone wanted to hear what he had to say. But the most important for him was that he saw Charlene's reaction, and saw that she really liked the painting.
Photo from Amundon's website.
http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bild.jpg
http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CS07871-75-Charlene-comp1.jpg

And he has painted also a painting of princess Grace.
http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CS06635-38_Kelly-comp1.jpg

Last edited:
General News & Information about Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Part2: Mar...

Wow! Lovely, true-to-life paintings. What a talented artist! Thanks, LadyFinn

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Very, beautiful painting of Princess Charlene, stunning! And I love it that she is wearing her Ocean Tiara, even though as a necklace!

I knew P Albert would be a good sport about this! Well done to him for taking up the challenge. A beautiful backdrop too...nice surprise at the end. And now over to CP Haakon.

I wonder who are his friends who were with him:lol:

Perhaps the video should be moved in the thread of the ice bucket challenge

I wonder who are his friends who were with him:lol:

Perhaps the video should be moved in the thread of the ice bucket challenge

It's already there. It was fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

OMG, just when I thought he wouldn't! This really got me smiling broadly, he seems like a fun person.

Last edited:
I think he was a good sport and I really liked his demeanor when his friends splashed him.. He seems like a nice guy. As for the painting I love them both. Very nice job. I can imagine that she must have really liked it. She looks amazing..

It is only a rumor of a tabloid, no true at all .

And to answer to your question, here is the article of Monaco life, a very popular newspaper in english language for the people who live in monaco

Monaco Life

There is an exemple that this article is not true , when this article says that Stéphanie and Charlotte did not come to the red cross gala because charlene choose Diana Kralll as singer.
Philippe Narmino of the red cross secretary daid two days befor the red cross gala that Albert Choose Diana Krall because he appreciated her songs. it was not Charlene who choose the singer.
Is it not strange that this article is published 2 days after the annoucement of the pregnancy of Kate? we know that all the english tabloids want see only a princess their princess Kate and not other princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
General News & Information about Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Part2: Mar...

What an unfortunate and quite ridiculous article from this tabloid. The name already suggests a negative and scathing slant to their articles. There is, in my opinion, no evidence that the Princess is unhappy in either her marriage or her life in Monaco. On the contrary, recent photos show the couple quite happy and obviously looking forward to the birth of their baby/ies. Thanks, melina p, for adding the article to set the record straight.

And by the way, Bulawayo is not " a backward town in South Africa", but the second largest city in Zimbabwe...

Last edited:
I don't think she can hate Monaco the way the article makes out. Her romance with Albert wasn't whirlwind, they were together for years before getting married so she must have known the place inside out by then. I don't doubt that some people will be jealous that she married him as they would have been of whomever he married but that comes with the territory. At the end of the day the media has not managed to pin any scandal on her, try as they may, and her reputation is better IMO than some of the women in the family she has married into.

This article is highly inaccurate. They didn't even get Caroline's name right. They called her Caroline Casiraghi. They called residents of Monaco, Monagasques. Only citizens are Monagasques. If they can't get the basics right why should we believe any of the rest of the article.

Well, I sincerely HOPE for Charlene, that the article is not true. On the other hand, some rumors, which already has been spread since years are repeated again......

we do not know, what is happening behind the Palace Walls... but: I really hope that she has friends and that she is spending a life in the right balance between job, family and personal happiness.
Bye Bine

This article is deliberately stoking the fires again. It is so sad that Charlene is constantly being got at in this way.
However, I would make two small observations as an example of how I think she isn't "part of the furniture" in Monaco. I am fortunate in that I have been able to holiday in the area for many years now and have some friends who live/work in Monaco ( some French and Monagasques ). They tell me that people are exasperated by how little French she appears to have mastered.I'm not surprised by this.
The other thing is that again this year I have looked at the postcard stands and there still isn't a pic to be bought of Charlene either on her own or with Albert - way overdue by now. Some shops still loyally have a pic of the engagement/wedding portraits in their windows but nothing like the numbers that used to be everywhere when Grace and Rainier were alive and even during the early years of Albert as the Sovereign.
I know Grace is reported to have taken a long time to settle in Monaco and be embraced by the people and I think that Charlene is going through the same cool reception. Hopefully the birth of her child will endear her more to them.

I'm pretty sure Charlene has had a hard time settling in and adjusting to life as THE princess of Monaco, I can also guess that some/many people might not have been very friendly or helpful, all this is quite normal, me thinks.

I highly doubt that the Caroline wanting Andrea to rule thing is true, for all I've seen, Char and Caro always seem friendly and nice in events. As for the Red Cross Ball, Stephanie hasn't attended since 2010 when she wore that boobie dress, and Charlotte hasn't attended in recent years. Caroline hasn't attended in 2012 either, no one made a big deal out of it back then!

Point de vue, the royal magazine publishs an article this week which is different of this beast , I will say that the reporter of this news attended the last pic nic, he was with the reporter of the newspaper of monaco Matin, all both say the same thing, they said that there were more monegash people who attended this event where the princely family is very near of the monegash people. they wanted to see Charlene
The title of the article of PDV says ' the rock is in love with her princess' an another persons says in the article that Charlene came specialy for them' an another persons says that Charlene is very kindly and very near of the monegash people.

Now, the official portrait of the couple is in all of the windows of the shops.

Charlene shows many signs that she is part of the monegash people , she wore the national costum last year during the pic nic, she wore a dress with the colors of the monaco flag during the Grand prix and the monegash people likes these signs..
In march, she gave an interview where she says that she loves her new land ' Monaco' , she desribs all the qualitats of monaco her country.
this beast did not decribe all the activities she has done since her wedding like her foundation, the presidence of Monaa, and when she represented monaco or the principality alone as the princess Grace gala or when she attended the opening of the exhibt of Princess Grace in australia.
This beast did not describe how much the monegash people like to see her during the events like her visit with Albert to the handicaped persons during the Grand Prix or during the visit to old persons at the hospital at the christmas fest. We saw nice photos where an old persons embraced Charlene or when a young boy came to Charlene to be on the knees of charlene .
I prefer to read the monaco life whose the reporter lives in monaco than this tabloid who lives in England who never came to Monaco. and who said so untrue facts.

video when the future birth is announced and the reacts of people of Monaco , two wifes are saying in it that they drunk at the health of Charlene that they adore

Charlene et Albert de Monaco attendent un enfant : retour sur les cinq vidéos fortes du couple - People - MYTF1News

Other reacts of people of Monaco

Fürst Albert und Charlène von Monaco erwarten sehnsüchtig den Nachwuchs - RTL.de

Photos taken during the the christmas gifts

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene | MYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

other photo of Charlene with an handicaped person during the visit to the handicaped persons during the Grand Prix, this person does not know nothing about monaco and says so errors about Caroline calling her Caroline Casiraghi instead Caroline princess of Hanover this error shows how he does not like the princes of Monaco and know nothing . It is only a nasty tabloid

https://www.facebook.com/palaismona...0.1410829842./824550490890825/?type=3&theater

other photos during the sainte devote tournement with her foundation and handicaped children

Princess Charlene | MYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

english tabloids want empoisoner the future birth of the heir of Monaco as they empoisoner the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melina, we get it and many of us completely agree. But you don't have to post every single instance of people liking Charlene and demonstrating it.

Also, I think it's unfair to suggest that the British press has something against Charlene's pregnancy just because Catherine is expecting at the same time.

Let's chalk it up to a nasty piece written by a tabloid looking to stir up trouble.

I knew the piece was utter trash when he includes a bit about Charlene's supposed "sour face." What utter mean-spirited garbage!

Also, I think it's unfair to suggest that the British press has something against Charlene's pregnancy just because Catherine is expecting at the same time.

Is it really possible that the British press could have something against Charlene's pregnancy because it clashes with Kate's? I doubt many - if any - people in Britain are likely to buy newspapers about Charlene at the expense of sales of papers with stories about Kate's pregnancy.

The Daily Beast is an American news reporting and opinion website. Not part of the British press

No need for anyone to flare up, but I am not convinced it's good to advertise for anyone with "X with handicapped children", "X with handicapped people" etc. Why does it need to mentioned? Is it all these people are; handicapped?

We don't see posts/links/whatever saying "X visiting black people" or "X visiting Malaysian people".

"Handicapped" sounds like an advertising tool for the visitor. "Oh how gracious and kind she/he is visiting these handicapped people".

People with physical or mental problems are not an accessory for those who need a halo, or for promos for someone when his/her PR-people think he/she needs a halo. Why do these handicapped people have to be rounded up so their personalities don't exist? They are only there because they are handicapped.

But they are not an accessory. Using them like this is exploitation for PR-purposes.

I don't think that that "article" wrote that things because Kate is pregnant again... To be fair I haven't noticed so far any comparison between them and it would not a good thing to do because it's not a competion... there are nasty and childish things...

Anyway, (let the bad press apart) we really don't know what's going on behind close doors... I don't believe that site but IMO Charlene doesn't seem so happy with her pregnancy or with Albert sometime... Maybe it's her face'expression (like Charlotte who always seem unhappy but that a facial feature). Or maybe I am wrong, it is just my perception. I guess also that if she is facing a tough pregnancy as Albert seemed to suggest I can't blame her for being constantly anxious....

At the end of the day we have been talking about this for more then 3 years...and we really don't know...

About the article: it says nothing new... and it also repeats the quotes of Charlene when she said that she had only 2 real friends in Monaco... Trite stories

Yesterday there was an interview on Dutch television with the Prince of Monaco. It was interesting that the interviewer (fluent in French) had to do the interview in English, on request of the Prince. Reason: when the Prince has to speak French, he seems to stammer. I did not know the Prince suffered of a stammer, I knew that he does not articulate well in French and often has to look for words ("Eeh... uum...").

The interview was just a middle-of-the-road polite one, about the Prince's five Olympic participations, about his love for oceanographic life, the importance of saving the enviromnent (showing images of the Prince visiting both the North- and the South Pole). The Prince also told about the intense intrusion he experiences all his life. Of course he was "more or less" used to it. How else can it be, since it has ever been there, his whole life?

The Prince also said that it still was difficult, to know that private moments are rare and that they Always have to be on their qui-vive for intrusion. From the interview it became clear that, if even Caroline, Albert and Stéphanie have difficulties to cope with the ever omnipresent media, how difficult must that be for Charlène? The program showed media headlines in French, German, Italian, Spanish, English varying from headlines as:
"Charlène, The Prisoner Of Monaco"
"The Secret Divorce of Albert And Charlène"
"The Runaway Bride From Monaco"
"Give Me A Heir And Go"
"Hold The Confetti"
"The Bitter Tears Of Charlène"
Etc.

The Prince made a tired impression when this was side-ways mentioned in the interview: "Pfff.... what can one do against all this?" The show is not available online, at the moment. Maybe in coming days.

Last edited:
This interview brings no news that we don't know.

What do you want that the prince answers nothing else?

In 2010, the prince answered already the same in the interview with Patrick Poivre d'Arvor.

Since the wedding of Princess Grace , the princely family is the target of the tabloids. In the years 80, 90 , the tabloids spread bad rumors on Albert, Caroline and Stéphanie since the wedding, it is Charlene and Albert .

I think the most important part in the interview was the involving of the prince in the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom