General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also says "the scandal photos. This will not appeal to Albert; he's in Sotchi and his wife is out of control in the Caribbean".

i doubt these pics will give albert the creeps - he has not been 'in control' of his wife's frequently highly erraneous and embarrassing behaviour most of the time. so he should be used to it by now :D.

and i am not only talking about this kind of pics and reports that HSH seemed more than tipsy = filled to the brim, i also would include her constant sour face and bored attitude while officially representing the principality, by snubbing royal houses when no-showing (wax-max) and baffling everyone when attending a paid-for event of literally zero importance instead of granting her husband's family the pleasure of her company during the wedding of - probably - her husband's successor on the monegasque throne.

plus i don't think she's doing herself a favour with this kind of photo: she can make up and - finally!, yesss - show some improvement in the sartorial department after years of blerghing us dead with all her akris beiges and monotonous solid coloured rags- what remains stuck like glue in people's memory are scandals. after almost 3 years, everyone still calls her 'runaway bride' and digs out alberts pre-marital successful antics in the field of reproduction.

Did you consider that Albert may have asked Charlene to stay in Monaco so that he could attend the wedding? lt's possible that there could have been some kind of contractual agreement with the event owner eg. the boxing people that one of the ruling family attend the event. That's one of the draws of having events in Monaco. One or more of the family is always there.

Did you consider that Albert may have asked Charlene to stay in Monaco so that he could attend the wedding? lt's possible that there could have been some kind of contractual agreement with the event owner eg. the boxing people that one of the ruling family attend the event. That's one of the draws of having events in Monaco. One or more of the family is always there.

honestly, no, i did not consider that.

because it would mean that the palace staff is completely unable to coordinate a - somehow important, isn't it? - event like a wedding of a dear family member, having been in the planning since roughly 6 months (!!) ahead, with an event - i am repeating myself - of zero importance. the year has 365 days and 52 weekends .... afaik.

it also would imply that the ruling prince of monaco seems to have problems in finding staff performing a job that any departemental secretary in our company easily could organize. not exactly flattering, this implication, neither for the ruler and his staff-picking abilities nor for his staff :D.

Last edited:
Andrea is a civilian, the palace probably played no part in the wedding arrangements. Furthermore, it was at first planned for January 1. I also think P Charlene really returned to Monaco to attend the rugby tournament where her Foundation was involved. So she was already there and able to attend the boxing. I agree that opened the way for P Albert to stay for the wedding. Remember that P Stephanie and her children did not attend either...

Andrea is a civilian, the palace probably played no part in the wedding arrangements. Furthermore, it was at first planned for January 1. I also think P Charlene really returned to Monaco to attend the rugby tournament where her Foundation was involved. So she was already there and able to attend the boxing. I agree that opened the way for P Albert to stay for the wedding. Remember that P Stephanie and her children did not attend either...

agreed, valid point, but see my previous post. unless an heir shall be available - which to me (my very personal opinion) seems less in the making :D than ever before-, andrea is also in the succession line - and very much on top of it because his mum is the same age as his uncle.

a for the rugby tournament: also another date could have possibly been found. it was a local thingie, not the world-cup, eh?

whatever kept stephanie from attending: no clue. she always gives me the impression that she hates attending any kind of events except when serving her own charities.

Last edited:
The rugby tournament is coupled to St Devote and always takes place around that fest afaik. Some people would reckon that by not staying for the wedding, the Princess placed work before pleasure.

The rugby tournament is coupled to St Devote and always takes place around that fest afaik. Some people would reckon that by not staying for the wedding, the Princess placed work before pleasure.

despite still being convinced that a re-schedule of 1-2 days of delay might have been possible, i agree this explains why after such exhausting professional commitments she needs to party heavily now in the caribbean.

I don't see the big deal with her missing the religious wedding to attend the event in Monaco when she attended the civil wedding. If it had been the first marriage yes then it would have been IMO. Rainier nor Caroline attended Stephanie's wedding reception when she married Daniel and to my knowledge no one from the family attended the second marriage.

ETA: Daniels name

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal with her missing the religious wedding to attend the event in Monaco when she attended the civil wedding. If it had been the first marriage yes then it would have been IMO. Rainier nor Caroline attended Stephanie's wedding reception and to my knowledge no one from the family attended the second marriage.

You mean with Daniel Ducruet? It is normal, thex were against, and they were right.
As for her second weddind with Adam, she married alone in Geneva.

You mean with Daniel Ducruet? It is normal, thex were against, and they were right.
As for her second weddind with Adam, she married alone in Geneva.
Yes, thank you for catching that I forgot Daniels name. Albert is the reason Steph and Daniel got together. No one approved of Caroline's marriage to Junot except they were there. IMO from all I have read Rainier wasn't thrilled with Stefano either. He was quoted as saying 'at least he is one of us' regarding Ernst. He was hard to please.

LadyFinn, would you have the actual article to post? I can only find the cover of Bunte online. - Thanks!

EDOEP, I'm one who always thinks of Charlene as the run-away-bride! :) At the time, it appears she tried to run away a few times, but was finally dragged to the altar, and in exchange she got access to Akris and Albert bank balance. Nothing wrong with it, if they can live it.

But Albert looks very glum in Sotchi, and Charlene very happy with the gents around the table. - Whether she's having an affair with one of them or all of them doesn't matter to me. But I can see a person letting her hair down in a bad way in public. It doesn't look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
General News & Information about Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Part2: Mar...

Charlene looks like she is having fun with friends. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
It all looks quite innocent and like they're just having fun, but P Charlene should be careful to be photographed in this way too often, since it only provides ammunition for those who are quick to condemn her. Also the recent pics of the couple at the heliport, Sochi and soccer game show them smiling, hugging and quite happy. So nothing wrong there, I think...

EDOEP, I'm one who always thinks of Charlene as the run-away-bride! :) At the time, it appears she tried to run away a few times, but was finally dragged to the altar, and in exchange she got access to Akris and Albert bank balance. Nothing wrong with it, if they can live it.

But Albert looks very glum in Sotchi, and Charlene very happy with the gents around the table. - Whether she's having an affair with one of them or all of them doesn't matter to me. But I can see a person letting her hair down in a bad way in public. It doesn't look good.
If you look at the photo it's taken at a medal ceremony where a National Anthem is playing. That is how he was taught to stand at a young age plus he is a reserve Lieutenant Commander in the French Navy. That is how you will see military personal stand to show respect.

so do i :). it seems to me, her frequent absence from the principality and far away from her husband are escapes from a life that turned out rather different from what she expected it to be. plus she seems always in so much better mood when away than when with her husband.

letting your hair down in private vs. letting your hair down in public are 2 different issues. i personally doubt she's romantically involved with any of them - there are younger guys in her life should (should!) she go for that kind of extramarital pleasure. it's the publicly displayed complete lack of decorum and cheap looking behaviour of a pretty drunk woman that puzzles.

edit for addendum reg. albert's stern face: taken during an official ceremony probably when national anthems were played, so nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
so do i :). it seems to me, her frequent absence from the principality and far away from her husband are escapes from a life that turned out rather different from what she expected it to be. plus she seems always in so much better mood when away than when with her husband.
What she expected to be her princely life and it is not? She is invited to all the royal gatherings, she is meeting state rulers, she wears High couture and she travels on helicopter or private jets, and in case she is fed up of the "european winter" she goes to the Caribbean seas! Of course she has some obligations, she married a State ruler and not a pop star! So how differend did she expect her life to be? She spent enough time in Monaco before her wedding to be very aware how she would live as Pcs of Monaco! And for God's name, a Pcs of Monaco does not live as the CP of Japan!
As for her relationship with Albert, whatever is this relation she knew it also before.
We dot have the Diana syndrom here, Charlene is not 20 years old, and as far as we know there is no Camilla there!

Last edited:
What she expected to be her princely life and it is not? She is invited to all the royal gatherings, she is meeting state rulers, she wears High couture and she travels on helicopter or private jets, and in case she is fed up of the "european winter" she goes to the Caribbean seas! Of course she has some obligations, she married a State ruler and not a pop star! So how differend did she expect her life to be? She spent enough time in Monaco before her wedding to be very aware how she would live as Pcs of Monaco! And for God's name, a Pcs of Monaco does not live as the CP of Japan!
As for her relationship with Albert, whatever is this relation she knew it also before.
i believe charlene expected 'adoration', just for being the new princess (...)

something like grace kelly was adored by her fans and followers and the press, though it took even her a remarkable number of years to gain respect from and love of the monegasques, based on the heir-providing :flowers: and her many charitable and other efforts. AFAIK grace never publicly behaved in any way close to charlz' recent antics but was either very discrete or simply a lot more tasteful.

i believe charlene expected 'adoration', just for being the new princess (...)

something like grace kelly was adored by her fans and followers and the press, though it took even her a remarkable number of years to gain respect from and love of the monegasques, based on the heir-providing :flowers: and her many charitable and other efforts. AFAIK grace never publicly behaved in any way close to charlz' recent antics but was either very discrete or simply a lot more tasteful.

Did seriousely Charlene that she could replace Grace?
What did a South African girl know about Grace Kelly before meeting Pc Albert? Almost nothing.
She was a little child when Pcs Grace passed.
And we now live in different periods, blind adoration of icons is over.

Last edited:
1)Did seriousely Charlene that she could replace Grace?

2)What did a South African girl know about Grace Kelly before meeting Pc Albert? Almost nothing.

3)She was a little child when Pcs Grace passed.

4)And we now live in different periods, blind adoration of icons is over.

The numbering in the quoted posts is mine; I added it to be able to reply with more clarity.

1) I don't think Charlene either thought or wanted to replace Grace.

2) She probably knew heaps. Grace was a very public figure in her life-time and afterwards, and there were thousands of magazines and articles published about her. I don't think being South-African has any relevance here, and there were also millions and millions of computers available in 2005!

3) See above; there was a lot of information readily available.

4) Yes, times have changed, and I wish blind adoration didn't exist. It shouldn't, but it does. There is, and never has been, any reason to blindly idolize anyone. Lots of young girls in particular still do.

Did seriousely Charlene that she could replace Grace?
What did a South African girl know about Grace Kelly before meeting Pc Albert? Almost nothing.
She was a little child when Pcs Grace passed.
And we are now live in different periods, blind adoration of icons is over.

yes, and this 'masterplan' sprang fom .... drumroll please! .... albert's mind!

there were pre-marital interviews to tv-stations etc., some of these i believe still available on youtube (i didn't keep the links, but you probably can find them in other boards), where he states so. unless my memory deceives me, he also mentioned this in some interviews granted to print media.

he truly hoped that the new princess would re-instate the good old monaco glam-factor, created by his mother, since the glitter had faded to rhinestone level since her demise.

BTW, monaco as a country - not to be confused with the princely family - has been 'in the reds' since years - nothing changed. just read their annual balances, they are published in the press. his wife's mysterious crowd-drawing factor has not emerged yet. afraid his equation did not even :D.

this fact - a country like monaco which literally has the licence to print money! :D - in the reds ... a first lady like charlene .... soap opera, and not even on a 'dynasty level'.

If royals must exist, I find they must remain princesses or queens. They must look the part and behave the part. - Yep, I know it's crazy, but that's what I think needs to be the case.

I think Charlene had a pretty good idea what she was in for, and therefore tried to run.

And I remain convinced that if Albert wasn't Prince Albert of Monaco, Charlene would not have married him. Which is not to say she's the only woman to marry for comfort and $$$; I believe millions of women have done it before, and will continue to do so.

since the wife of the priest was there with charlene and himself, i see no reason to get alarmed. clearly this was just a friendly reunion amongst friends.

@redtulip. I did not wanted to offend South Africa, just i ment that beind in quite opposite area of the planet, their centers of interest are fully different than a small dolly european state. I would say the same for an australian or canadian girl.
As for computers i m not talking about 2005, but about before. Press around 2000 was not paying enough attention to Pcs Grace in order to make the young Charlene understand the myth Grace.
Time flies, and in the same way tody a teen girl from Mexico or Caracas is very far from the myth Diana.
Of course Charlene after meeting Pcs Albert, has been informed about his parents, but she did not live the myth!

If you look at the photo it's taken at a medal ceremony where a National Anthem is playing. That is how he was taught to stand at a young age plus he is a reserve Lieutenant Commander in the French Navy. That is how you will see military personal stand to show respect.

Correct! Since his tender age Pcs Albert has been trained how to stand and behavior to each official circumstance.

Yes, thank you for catching that I forgot Daniels name. Albert is the reason Steph and Daniel got together. No one approved of Caroline's marriage to Junot except they were ther.
Yes, but the circumstances and the periow were different. In 1978 the ruler of Monaco married hir daughter to the son of a good family. Philippe Junot was a jobeless playboy much older than Caroline, but his family background was acceptable, and at this moment the family wanted to keep appearances by marrying a young girl to the man she loved.
With Stephanie, it happened around 17 years later, Daniel Ducruet was fully unacceptable socially and as a person. Stephanie forced her father accepting this marriage after having already 2 kids out of wedlock, matter not easy at this time. So it was nothing to do a huge celebration. Saddly the history proved that Pcs Rainier was right.

since the wife of the priest was there with charlene and himself, i see no reason to get alarmed. clearly this was just a friendly reunion amongst friends.

Have you got a picture of this, please? Would be good to see it! - Thanks!

Well, the Bunte-editors can be satisfied; their article sparked exactly the discussions and doubts they had intended to raise..

I usually read BUNTE and when I saw the cover I thought, o god, they don't have anything exciting to write so they put on a non-story completely blown out of proportion. I don't see anything inappropriate with these pictures at all, I am rather glad that Charlene seems to be enjoying herself for once.

Much ado about nothing. Princess Charlene was seated with a group of elderly men for a meal. I'm sure her husband isn't jealous of the
octogenarian that she kissed on the cheek.

Much ado about nothing. Princess Charlene was seated with a group of elderly men for a meal. I'm sure her husband isn't jealous of the
octogenarian that she kissed on the cheek.

Agree! There is no worth to make a scandal for this guy...

What's what got to do with age? - I don't know the age of the guys around the table; could be 50 - 60- 70? The guy with his back to the camera, on the left, looks rather young. But they all seem to be in control of themselves.

I think it's wrong to discriminate against older people. They are just as affectionate, caring and vulnerable as younger people. Getting old doesn't mean not having feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom