General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 3: May 2015 -December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they attend the American President's inauguration next week? Do royals attend these?

So glad the family had a good time in Ireland; only wish there was one pic of the twins. :flowers:

A nice little article. And kind words spoken by the Prince about his wife. I like the fact that he promises that the public will in future see more of P Charlene in Monaco. And that they also have little "little household issues", as we all do...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Little Jacques' chin is just like Charlene's.

charlene opened up about her childhood in south africa:

"For the first time, she spoke about her childhood as a refugee in South Africa due to the political conflict that at that time afflicted Rhodesia (territory that is now Zimbabwe) from where she originated. In 1989, when she was only 11, Charlene became a refugee by fleeing the Rhodesian independence war. "In South Africa I had to confront racial segregation. I was separated from other children. I have witnessed injustices and inequalities from which children can be particularly affected. I am proud to belong to a principality that has made the rights fight a priority, "said the Princess during a recent humanitarian trip to India at Paris Match.

Having lived this harsh reality, the Princess became aware from a very young age. "When I was little I had to finish my plate. Out of respect for the people who were not very far from us, I was starving ... Wasting food or water was sacrilege, "he narrates, far from waste or excess. The struggle for a better life was present at home: "My father had two jobs, my mother taught swimming when they did not even have the means to have two cars."

Do you have a link to that quote Carlota?

Although the above may be mostly correct as a translation I am not too sure about the phrases "I was seperated from other children" and " I was starving". I think what is meant is that children in general were seperated according to their race and that others who lived not too far from the Wittstock family were starving. Maybe some French posters can clarify this?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Avec Charlène de Monaco en Inde

Here is the entirely article published in Paris Match, no cuts yrue

She was separated from the other because at that time, there was the apartheid where Blacj and white people cannot live together, she came from Zimbabwe where there was no apartheid.

She said at the beginning when she arrived in South Africa, it happens they have no electricitat because they have not ennough money to pay the bill, Her father had two works and her mother gave lessons of swimming and they could not have a second car ( I think that they had to have a second car because the land is big) , her clothes were not new and when they did not fit to her cousins, they gave them to the ( Arméé of the salute), she knows what is to walk under the rain , doing kilometer at foot in retourning from the school and waiting that her clothes dry .

I try to translate but my english is not good

It is a pity that the entirely article was not translate in english, I saw only some parts translate in spanish in Hola, but we must read and understand all the text to understand the meaning of the article

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a bit surprised to read that Charlene's childhood has such difficulties... I've was under the impression that she comes from a wealthy family.

No, definitely not wealthy - good working class stock originally who have worked hard to achieve a fairly comfortable life.

Zimbabwe may not have had apartheid enshrined in its laws but until shortly after Charlene was born there was definitely a segregated society.

Last edited:
I was reading the Woman's Day last night and it had an article stating that PC and PA's marriage was very rocky and she was staying in a hotel in Monte Carlo with the twins. I don't believe this crap but are just wondering if any body else has read this sort thing in the tabloids of late.:bang: Thanks

:previous:

I guess the rockiness of TSH's marriage is why they were photographed tenderly holding hands at the St. Devote observations a few days ago.:cool:

Tabloids have been predicting that Albert and Charlene would divorce even while they were on honeymoon. I thought they had given up by now but I guess not.

Women's Day articles can be taken with the same grain of salt as those in Star Magazine...a very large one.

I was reading the Woman's Day last night and it had an article stating that PC and PA's marriage was very rocky and she was staying in a hotel in Monte Carlo with the twins. I don't believe this crap but are just wondering if any body else has read this sort thing in the tabloids of late.:bang: Thanks

Was not that the same tabloid that reported about the danish crownprince giving his wife a complete island near Tasmania as present for her birthday:lol: ?

Since their wedding in 2011, the tabloids announced at least 5 or 6 times their divorce each year
I was present in person at the sainte Devote celebrations , I saw a couple who is very in love, holding their hands , spoke a lot together during the burning of the cannot, I found Albert very careful with her wife.
The tabloids are earning a lot of money in spreading bad rumors about the Grimaldi family, the british royal family or danish royal family and so
I hope that the tabloids will let the couple Albert and Charlene in peace
I advice you to watch the photos of the couple during the Sainte devote celebrations and the video of the Celebration of Sainte Devote on the Sainte Devote celebration board of the royal forums.

Was not that the same tabloid that reported about the danish crownprince giving his wife a complete island near Tasmania as present for her birthday:lol: ?

I very much think so too :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very happy for the new stamps with Princess Charlene and her foundation. It's a greeting on what she is doing for the Principality. Why is she living, with her children and nurse, at the Hermitage Hotel since January? I saw picture of Prince Albert entering and leaving the Hotel, it means the Prince is living at the Palace.

Noda, how do you come to that conclusion - the Prince is seen entering/leaving the hotel , which means he's living at the Palace? Could it not mean he is also living at the hotel? Last I heard they had a water burst at thePalace. And are still doing renovations and do not want to expose the twins to all the noise.

But back on topic...these are nice pics of PCharlene chosen for the stamps, depicting what she loves doing. Issuing the stamps, I think, is also a nod in recognition of the contribution her Foundation is making.

C4A, i am ok with you, now the road to Roc Agel is safe and all the family is living in this propriety from April to october as they are doing it the last years.
Albert said in people magazine and in Paris Match that there was a water burst in their appartments when they came back from their holidays and they moved to the hotel because the road was too dangerious to Roc Agel during the winter for the twins who attended the Red Cross daycare, I believe there was enough drame on this road for this family.

Back to the topic, the stamps are beautiful and it is a nod to the Princess Charlene foundation

Is the intention to eventually move back to the Palace when all renovations etc are finished or will they continue to live at Roc Agel over the spring/summer months permanently?

Is it known when this alleged incident took place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom