General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 3: May 2015 -December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely little video - very natural and informal. So good to see P Gabriella enjoying it, no scary characters around this time! And Brother Jacques a typical two year old!

Wishing the Princely family and all our posters a peaceful and joyous Christmas!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I love their family Christmas Card, clearly nothing staged there! They are such a lovely family.

Oh, lovely. They take so much joy in their children and it's a pleasure for them to share them with the public, it never comes across as grudged like it does with some other royals I could mention.

Very lovely video! I can't get enough of Gabriella! So cute!

A wonderful and very natural video. I maybe be mistaken but I think that Gabriella might be left handed. Any other reader has the same impression?

:previous:

I agree, they are enchanting. Watching them is like gorging on sweets for me!:p

The Irish press are reporting that Albert and Charlene are currently enjoying a private family holiday in Ireland with her 2 brothers and their families. Hope they have a good time.

Nice quiet vacation. I know Gareth's wife is Irish. As well as the Kelly link :flowers:

Is it a private/pleasure trip or some sort of business visit?

They were in holidays , Irlande is a very beautiful country to visit and Prince Albert likes a lot this country.

It isn't talked about but Rainiers parents were distant cousins and also had Irish ancestry.

Melina many thanks for sharing these news with us? Do you know if Jacques and Gabriella were with them?

Melina many thanks for sharing these news with us? Do you know if Jacques and Gabriella were with them?

The article mentions the twins werent at the dinner at the pub. The toddler of one of her brothers was

It isn't talked about but Rainiers parents were distant cousins and also had Irish ancestry.

What Irish ancestry :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the twins are in Ireland with them as this seems to be a big family get together with Charlene's family. Albert said in an interview with People magazine that he and his wife were planning a family holiday after Christmas so this seems to be it.

According to the article they were not accompanied by their children. Only Charlene's brother had his toddler son with him.

The twins are surely with them during these holidays but they left them with the nannies, this sort of diner is too long for little children .
Albert said that the all family will take a break after christmas.

Were they? I didn't know about the Irish ancestry, I knew there was Scottish blood in Rainier's family through the Grimaldi side.

What Irish ancestry :ermm:
I made posts in the genealogy section years ago. Both of Rainier's parents descend from the Stewart (changed to Stuart) line, the Hamilton-Douglas Family, were heirs to the Scottish throne a few times. The Irish goes back to the Kings. Look up the Royal House of Britain and you will see it.

Were they? I didn't know about the Irish ancestry, I knew there was Scottish blood in Rainier's family through the Grimaldi side.
Lady Mary Douglas-Hamiltons married Prince Albert I. Her father was the Duke of Hamilton and mother a Princess of Baden. I can't tell you without research where Rainier came in only that they were distant cousins.

Last edited:
The Hamilton branch rainier is descended from is not Irish. It is English and Scottish. You have to go back to the 15th century for a foreign ancestress. His multi times great grandfather married the daughter of James II and Mary of Guelders. Making that ancestress French on her maternal side.

The stewartsvdate back to the Norman conquest in Scotland, and were Bretons not Irish. They may have married dome Irish blood over the centuries but the branch from which rainier is descended at least in his mothers side, if there us any Irish blood it goes back before the thirteenth century.

Rainier as well if he has Irish it is distant. His two time great grandfather's brother married an Irish aristocrat. Not his branch.

Last edited:
Well I hope they are having a lovely time! We are even having "great weather!" :lol: here at the moment, if you don't mind the odd shower! :)

Prince Albert with members of the staff at the Brazen Head in Dublin, Ireland's oldest pub, on January 7:

** Pic **

Those kind of relaxed and informal pics are always the best. I hope to see Charlene as well in that contenxt.

It is nice to see that Albert and Charlene had nice holidays in Irland,
They were around Dublin , I think that they visited the places where the ancestors of Charlene lived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom