General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 3: May 2015 -December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only she's wear the tiara to a tiara event sometime instead of just glamour pics; but who knows, with her newfound confidence she'll do that someday...

I love this tiara, especially over her other antenna like tiara we have seen her wear. I do hope we see her wear it one day and not just for a portrait.

Stupid looking picture. Why would you put a tiara on in a pool? I hope the next time she wears it will be in Oslo in February at the King if Norway's 80th birthday. That's assuming she won't leave Albert to go on his own like she did with the Swedish birthday earlier this year.

Why is it stupid, it is a portrait which fits to the event , she is the godmother of the boat and the tiara is called the ocean. Of course, oldfashioned persons prefer to see the tiara at a royal event,but it is as stupid as the portrait.
I find Charlene very beautiful

She cuts her hair very short, since her wedding she has not wore a tiara, she will never be a fairytale princess, it is a shame because she is elegant, beautiful, she would be fantastic but I think the next time we will see her wearing ocean, it would be at the wedding of Gabriella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiaras can be worn easily with short hair, Princess Diana had short hair and wore them all the time. Charlene herself has no trouble puting it I just hope to see in worn at a gala event with her order soon.

As a photograph I like it but I think it's s bit silly. I would also like to see her actually wear the tiara to an event.

We don't see the christmas card of Albert and Charlene but there is this photo on the front page of Paris Match, i think it will be the photo of the christmas card of the family

Charlene et Albert : Joyeux Noël Jacques et Gabriella

The article in Paris Match confirms that this is indeed their Christmas card picture and it is lovely. I had hoped that last year's release wouldn't be a one off and I'm so pleased that it wasn't. It seems we can look forward to this every year now and the pictures actually have a Christmas theme which some royal cards-especially the British ones-don't for some strange reason.

:previous:

The strange reason might be to avoid having non-Christian minorities feel marginalized. Same reason why some people prefer to say Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas. It's a political reason, though some people find it silly.

Love the Monaco Christmas card. The babies are a delight, especially Gabriella's big smile!

Beautiful photo.:flowers:

I highly doubt it's about marginalizing anyone. They are Catholic monarchs, it is expected they will celebrate Christian holidays. The only people who seem to get into a snit about merry Christmas Bd happy holidays are Christians who think their religion is being attacked. I have never met a Muslim, Jew, Hindi, Buddhist or atheist who was inducted either by bring wished a merry Christmas or seeing us celebrate.

I was responding to sophie25's comment on the British RF's card and the lack of Christmassy elements there, and then "a Happy Christmas" as the only nod to Christmas. I recall the Obamas at one point sent a Happy Holidays card with Bo playing in the snow. For the most part, in recent years, high-profile people and institutions try to avoid the overreacting media to make a big deal out of whatever they officially put out there for public consumption.

But obviously that's conjecture. There's a strong possibility they just like to pick their favorite family or couple portrait of the year and the one that gives them the most warm fuzzies to send out to people, and see posing for a separate Christmas portrait as costing too much time and money. :flowers:

Back to Monaco, this one is close to perfect. Even P. Albert looks good!

:previous: I agree that it's stunning..the "classiest" of all the Royal/Princely cards I've seen for 2016 so far.

The only quibble is that Prince Jacques looks a little too casually dressed compared to his sister, who looks truly festive and Christmas appropriate just like her mother!

Last edited:
I can understand the reasons, but I do hope that we get to see the photo on a full Christmas card. It's such a festive photo and it makes me smile. I really like Gabriella's outfit!

:previous: I agree that it's stunning..the "classiest" of all the Royal/Princely cards I've seen for 2016 so far.

The only quibble is that Prince Jacques looks a little too casually dressed compared to his sister, who looks truly festive and Christmas appropriate just like her mother!

Well Jacques' dad, as usual, is wearing an open collar, which means to me that a navy sweater is quite acceptable for a young tot. JMO.

Yes I noticed that both Albert and his son are dressed casually compared to Charlene and Gabriella who are perfectly decked out and more "Christmas-y".

It's a lovely photo, but I think it would have been nicer to have everyone on the same sartorial page.

I seriously doubt that not puting a christmas tree, for example, on a christmas card has anything to do with marginalising anyone. Monarchs in Europe are Christian and celebrate their weddings, funerals, baptisms etc in huge Christian ceremonies. In Britain, where I live, the Queen frequently quotes the Bible in her Christmas broadcast as well. It's just a fact that some royals add a festive touch to their cards and some don't but I think the former is nicer.

Yes I noticed that both Albert and his son are dressed casually compared to Charlene and Gabriella who are perfectly decked out and more "Christmas-y".

It's a lovely photo, but I think it would have been nicer to have everyone on the same sartorial page.

I agree with you about mother and daughter. Charlene in her gold sparkly dress and Gabriella in her red party dress look really festive. Jaques minus the sneakers would have looked fine but the Paris Match article mentioned something about him insisting on wearing them so that explains that. Albert I think looks fine considering the limitations on what men can wear.

Last edited:
Just saw the latest photos of the family! What a beautiful selection of pictures. I love that their card reflects the true Christmas feeling. And the twins are so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Love they released extra photos. Really feel the Christmas spirit:flowers:

Jacques with the snowflake is adorable. But I think my favorite up Gabrielle coloring away:)

Gabriella is starting to look more like her mother.

I agree these are lovely family photos.

an adorable and enchanting family!!!! May God always protect them.

I hadn't seen the additional photos when I last posted so I'll comment now - they are absolutely adorable! Jacques and Gabriella are such a delight to see. The photo of little Jacques with the snowflake on his head is too cute, it looks as if he thinks he's a Christmas tree :D I love how Gabriella blends in with the tree in her little red dress.

I know it's not exactly like it, but Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Christmas photo reminds me of the second picture on this page. It's a family portrait from Albert's childhood.

Mad for Monaco: Princely Family Portraits
There was many photos taken of the family in that way. After Grace died Rainier and Albert stood with Caroline and Stephanie sitting and Graces photo behind them.

The Palace has shared the cutest Christmas video on its Facebook page -- a first, as far as I can recall... ?
ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1482563827.353773.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom