The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Very nice, also honouring their mothers background. Also i understand when a child learns more languages at an early age, it's often easier to learn additional languages later in life I'm sure that'll come in handy in their position
Yes, definitely younger you start a new language the easier you pick it up for most people. I taught English in Korea. I mainly taught kindergarten (4-5 year olds) but in the afternoon I had older students. The older kids were just starting to learn English, and I found the little kids to be more advanced. There were 3 year olds in another class. In Canada, you aren't even learning to read and write your first language until grade 1. In Korea they are learning in 2 languages by 3 in some families.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/6e51baa9

The article by Clyde Meela in the "Getit" magazine. Right scroll until you get to p 12-13. Pity they didn't use some newer pics.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
What a syrupy opening!

Otherwise, quite a nice little interview.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per the Spanish court HSH Prince Albert II will meet King Felipe VI in Madrid on April 22nd.

http://www.casareal.es/EN/Actividade...spx?data=12720
Old 04-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert will again participate in the charity cycle ride from St Tropez to Monaco on Sunday 24 April 2016.

https://twitter.com/rivieraradio/sta...82903128256512

Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Commoner

Prince Albert attended, alone, King Gustav 70th birthday, while his wife is again in Corse with their children. Sooner or later they will tell us the truth.
She is the Princess Consort and she is skippin her role, it is weird.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

The truth about what exactly, she has kids and may have had something else to do.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

I thought she had some sort of event for her foundation? It seems perfectly reasonable to me, people wold have only moaned more if Albert stayed at home just because Charlene had an event.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by noda View Post
Prince Albert attended, alone, King Gustav 70th birthday, while his wife is again in Corse with their children. Sooner or later they will tell us the truth.
She is the Princess Consort and she is skippin her role, it is weird.
I agree. There was no reason why she could not have attended with her husband. The twins are not tiny babies anymore and indeed could have went to Sweden with them if she wanted. I think Albert looks stupid standing in that group picture on his own whilst everyone else is beside their husband or wife. After this I have no faith in her going to any of these kind of events in the future which prompts the question of why she took on the role of Princess of Monaco in the first place. What a weird set up this is.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Courtier

(..)She IMO will disappear sooner or later. Maybe some appearences on National Day. But IMO people shouldn´t get used to her - then they will get used easier when she is gone....
Old 05-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Courtier

^^^ How do you then explain the fact that PCharlene will become Regent should P Albert pass away before P Jacques is ready to rule?

Old 05-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
^^^ How do you then explain the fact that PCharlene will become Regent should P Albert pass away before P Jacques is ready to rule?

She will be the regent of course..but then,there's the council of govt who will run the day to day of the Principality. Hope that possibility would still be too far,coz poor Jacques,thrust to a position far too young without enjoying the things his father did during his youth.Albert waited far too long to have a legitimate heir,kinda selfish imo.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charlene is more happy now that she have kids. Before they were a gleam in her eye, she always appeared sad, IMO.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2016, 03:34 AM
Administrator

A couple of speculative posts concerning the state of the couple's marriage have been removed. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
[...] I think Albert looks stupid standing in that group picture on his own whilst everyone else is beside their husband or wife. [...]
Prince Albert II of Monaco was alone
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands was alone
Queen Margrethe of Denmark was alone

Quote:

That is in name. It is not exactly that the autobusses are riding, that water is flowing out of the cranes, that the police is surveilling the streets or that the Monaco Port Authority is controlling because the palais princier orders them to do so. Daily life goes on, administered by the Government and it's machinery of state, rubberstamped by the Prince Sovereign (or when he is minor) by the Regent(ess).

Even in "home affairs" the Regent(ess) is not almighty as a Council of Guardians will look after the interests of the minor Prince Sovereign. For an example: Charlène can not sell the Grimaldi assets: the Council will veto it, as this directly will hit the properties of the minor Prince. Charlène can not take the minor Prince out of the country to raise him in South-Africa or so. The Council will veto it, as they want to see the Prince Sovereign in Monaco indeed. Charlène can not decide to place the Prince on an English-language school without French. The Council will veto it as they will feel that a proper knowledge of French is of major importance. Etc.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Prince Albert II of Monaco was alone
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands was alone
Queen Margrethe of Denmark was alone
My point is that he didn't have to be, these ladies don't have any choice as one husband has retired from public life and the other is dead.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Courtier

And MY point, Duc et Pair, is that P Charlene will not disappear from Monaco as another poster suggested. I am perfectly aware that her role will not be that of a full Regent...

Old 05-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

She will be Regentess. Or not. Half-regent is not possible. But there is no any monarchy where the Regent(ess) has carte blanche. Jacques will become a Child of State and that is the supreme authority.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlene with the twins in Corsica

http://images0.tcdn.nl/prive/article...ses+Gabriella+
http://images0.tcdn.nl/prive/article...+Charl%C3%A8ne

Charlène voelt zich als een godin op Corsica|Prive| Telegraaf.nl
Old 05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

the twins are two little munchkins and it is always a pleasure to see them! Charlene staying again in Corsica not so much...
Old 05-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
the twins are two little munchkins and it is always a pleasure to see them! Charlene staying again in Corsica not so much...
Yeah, I hope she was only in Corsica for a short holiday and isn't actually living there as reported. Is there any proof that she is living there or is it just gossip?