General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is the wife of the reigning monarch, not an elected head of state. We would not refer to Sonja, Silvia, Maxima. Paola, MT, Marie or Sofia as First Ladies either.

So, I checked the website for Monaco's embassy to the US. According to them, Albert is the head of state for the principality. People will not call Charlene the "first lady," but since her husband is the head of state, that is what she is.

Also, there are numerous sites that refer to her as such, I'm just too dumb to post them here because I can't do URLs. #dontjudgeme

So, I checked the website for Monaco's embassy to the US. According to them, Albert is the head of state for the principality. People will not call Charlene the "first lady," but since her husband is the head of state, that is what she is.

Also, there are numerous sites that refer to her as such, I'm just too dumb to post them here because I can't do URLs. #dontjudgeme

Also-in times past, the highest-ranking female royal would be considered the "hostess" or "first lady" and have access to the biggest bling, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also-in times past, the highest-ranking female royal would be considered the "hostess" or "first lady" and have access to the biggest bling, no?

She might fill a role similar to that of a First Lady, but she's not an actual "First Lady." First Lady is a title that typically refers to the wife of a president of a republic - ie the US. Some republics have this (or a variation) as an official title, others as an unofficial title. Heads of states that aren't republics - like Monacco - don't use it in any form, although it is common for people in the US to refer to other wives of heads of states as such.

The first lady is the name of the wives of the president of USA in other lands the wifes of the presidents of these lands are called the 'wife of the president'

Albert is the head of state of the principality but he is called in all the officiel papers, in all the events ' SAS the prince sovereighn of Monaco' and Charlene is called ' SAS Princess Charlene of monaco' in all the events and in all the official papers.
You can read it on the site of the palace .

and to finish, it is only on this board that some people who did not accept that Charlene became princess of monaco , who called her 'the first Lady', she is not american.

I just want to point out that I know she's a princess and that's her title. And style and right and everything else. However, she is the principal female rep of Monaco, so I don't think that her spread in vogue was the best idea. It certainly wasn't the worst thing in the world, either, though.

I know she isn't THE First Lady, so the unofficial usage of "first lady" for her as a description of her role is not completely inaccurate.

I just want to point out that I know she's a princess and that's her title. And style and right and everything else. However, she is the principal female rep of Monaco, so I don't think that her spread in vogue was the best idea. It certainly wasn't the worst thing in the world, either, though.

I know she isn't THE First Lady, so the unofficial usage of "first lady" for her as a description of her role is not completely inaccurate.

The late Diana, Princess of Wales did several Vogue shoots. This is not unprecedented.

and to finish, it is only on this board that some people who did not accept that Charlene became princess of monaco , who called her 'the first Lady', she is not american.

I have to hold my hands up to using this term carelessly as a description rather than as an official term. There is absolutely no intention to deny her the title of Princess. My original point was to add emphasis to her position as the most important female representative of Monaco( which is a bit of a mouthful).

Princess Grace had done spread for Vogue etc, etc when she was the reigning Princess of Monaco so this is no news, really.Also, Monaco is diff from other reigning houses.

A documentary about Charlene this evening about Charlene

L'Actu : Charlène, princesse mystère - Vidéo replay de l'année 2013 de l'émission 50 mn inside - MYTF1

It also speaks about the fashion show of Dior in monaco last month, it says that it was a big sucess of Charlene who made come this fashion show of Dior at Monaco. It gave a very elegant glamour and fashion that the principality needed

Vogue writttes about the charaty ball which will take place on july 27th

Natalia Vodianova Love Ball 2013 - Prince & Princess Of Monaco (Vogue.com UK)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have to ask you guys, Do you know who Prince Albert's godparents are?

Tatler is wrong. The godparents are Louis de Polignac and Victoria Eugenie of Spain. Perhaps they mean to say that JC's grandmother was a godparent, but it definitely was not JC himself.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene have sent a letter of sympathy to King Juan Carlos following the terrible train crash in northwestern Spain:

** 25 juillet 2013 Message du Souverain au Roi d'Espagne ** translation **
Recently my regard for Princess Charlene is elevated .She is a devoted wife and she comes from a decent family .Granted she might have had a better education but then what are the chances that I could have competed in the OLympics? There is never a breath of scandal around her.
Charlene can pose for Vogue and she is fine.
I am glad Prince Albert writes in the letter the Princess and I, and so condoles the Spanish people.

Last edited:
Eringer the blogeur sentenced again for defamation

rapeaurouge.fr/index.php?post/2013/07/26/Le-blogueur-Robert-Eringer-condamné-pour-diffamation

Really, have you never heard of a competitive athlete smoking? Greg Louganis, 4 time Olympic Gold medalist in diving, discussed in his autobiography that he smoked (even at the Olympics), and of course multi Olympic medal winner Michael Phelps was famously snapped smoking (pot in his case).
It does now appear embarassing at how you defend Charlene the athlete like a lawyer for smoking.Smoking if you are a true athelete is most unhealthy for that body.Must you always defend Charlene this way?
Princess Charlene does not walk on water but that is what is exactly natural and alluring about her. She does not pretend to be someone she is not.I hope on her solo vacation she does not smoke but has lovely time.I also wish that she is always happy and healthy

It does now appear embarassing at how you defend Charlene the athlete like a lawyer for smoking.Smoking if you are a true athelete is most unhealthy for that body.Must you always defend Charlene this way?
Princess Charlene does not walk on water but that is what is exactly natural and alluring about her. She does not pretend to be someone she is not.I hope on her solo vacation she does not smoke but has lovely time.I also wish that she is always happy and healthy

this is not blind defence - it is a fact. If no other examples could be brought forward, then I would understand your viewpoint. But people smoke, including athletes and that is a fact of life.

I agree - beautiful woman, seems approachable - and has chosen a difficult path. Hope it all comes good for her.

All the Grimalsi smoke, Stephanie, Charlotte, Caroline( she smokes in public, we saw her smoking at the red cross gala when Albert and Charlene were dancing , not good for the persons who sat near here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...764514.-2207520000.1376722028.&type=3&theater

Charlene smokes in privat, there were many photos where she was smoking when she was only the girlfriend of Albert. After we did not see her anymore smoking.

All the Grimalsi smoke, Stephanie, Charlotte, Caroline( she smokes in public, we saw her smoking at the red cross gala when Albert and Charlene were dancing , not good for the persons who sat near here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...764514.-2207520000.1376722028.&type=3&theater

Charlene smokes in privat, there were many photos where she was smoking when she was only the girlfriend of Albert. After we did not see her anymore smoking.
I have to agree with you.Princess Charlene has not ever set a foot wrong since becoming the devoted wife of Prince Albert.Most of those who smoke their adult life live to be seventy.Caroline does smoke and I think Charlene may have had the odd cigarette here and there initially.There is not one thing that this lady has done wrong since her marriage. I do believe she respects everyone and above all herself to do anything that would be inappropriate since so much has been invested in her to set the example which she has done beautifully.Princess Charlene lends a certain dignity to the Grimaldis they lacked.Sorry to know Caro and Char smoke

Eringer the blogeur sentenced again for defamation

rapeaurouge.fr/index.php?post/2013/07/26/Le-blogueur-Robert-Eringer-condamné-pour-diffamation

HA! I am happy to hear it. The unseemly and embarrassing allegations promoted by this man put a big shadow over what was really a very grand and elegant wedding. To this day it is what many people think about when they see Albert and Charlene together and it's a shame because their wedding was a very beautiful one, imo.

They promised to prosecute Eringer and they did. Good for them!

Thanks Melina!
It's a very interesting docu, Albert works very hard.
And it's nice to have a look behind the scenes, I especially liked the parts inside the palace.

You can see that Charlene loves her prince very much.
But I'm surprised that she still only speaks english when she meets the people of Monaco.
She did sing the anthem in Monegasque though!

Last edited:
I really hope by now with 7 or 8 continuous years of residency in Monaco she can conduct and interview in French. If she cannot speak French now, she probably never will.:sad:

Unfortunately, you hope in vain. The Princess could not carry on an interview or speak in French just four weeks ago at an event. I doubt she will ever be fluent, which is a shame. There is an interview with Grace' in French while Albert was in Diapers on youtube. She had only been there a few years. Mary, Marie and Maxima were conversant by this point as well.

Some people really struggle with language. She will easily get by with translators as she has until now. It has not stopped her ability to work but does certainly create distance with some citizens.

Agree! It is a full shame that she is not doing an effort. Do not tell me that she can't a because i disagree. She has all the time and the money to hire the best specialized teachers to make her learn, but for me she simply does not care.
And my God is french, not mandarine, or ancient sanscrite!
By the way, i would love to watch Pcs Grace at her early years to speak french.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom