General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the christening were anywhere else but Sweden I wouldn't really expect the Monaco Royals to be asked but they seem quite friendly with the Swedish Royal Family so who knows.

Have anyone noticed the use of a English "false friend" of a French word on the English biography page of princess Charlene? It says: Her father, Mr. Mickael Wittstock, was born in 1946 and is actually a sales manager. when the French page says: Son père, M. Mickael Wittstock (1946) exerce actuellement la profession de Directeur Commercial. There is a difference in meaning between "actually working" and "for the moment working".

There is no difference between these two meanings. Mike Wittstock is yet working now.

Have anyone noticed the use of a English "false friend" of a French word on the English biography page of princess Charlene? It says: Her father, Mr. Mickael Wittstock, was born in 1946 and is actually a sales manager. when the French page says: Son père, M. Mickael Wittstock (1946) exerce actuellement la profession de Directeur Commercial. There is a difference in meaning between "actually working" and "for the moment working".

The tricky false friends. A mistake from the translator which completely changes the meaning.

(..)
Mickael Wittstock works yet nowadays, He is 65 years old, He could stop working now. He goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Monaco website translator isn't doing a great job.
Le mariage princier was translated as the royal wedding instead of princely wedding.

50minutes inside did a report today saying that thanks to the wedding of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert, the glamour, the jetset and stars are back in Monaco.
They also interviewed Charles of Bourbon-Siciles, his wife and daughters
Folle vie à Monaco

50minutes inside did a report today saying that thanks to the wedding of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert, the glamour, the jetset and stars are back in Monaco.
Folle vie à Monaco

Just like when Grace was alive. But then, Charlene is a worthy successor to Grace. :flowers:

Folle vie à Monaco

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: My god!!!!

Well, who said we cannot disagree with 50minutes:). I cannot think of a less glamurous couple, especially because of the lady´s body (...). But anyway, thanks 50 minutes for the laugh of the day!

Yes, since the wedding there are many people at allthe public events on Monaco. The narional fest, Gala of circus, Sainte Devote fest( there was not many people at the burning of the canot,this year, many people of monaco and many foreighn people attended to this event), there was many people at the final of the masters, many people at the Rose ball, all the hotels were full during the week of the Grand Prix. The report showed all the people who came to watch the race, rich or less rich.
yes, glamour is again on Monaco

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed.

I hope pa makes her a dame grand cross of the order of st Charles on their first wedding anniversary. I would love to see pc in her sash and tiara in a new portrait and at wedding events in Luxembourg later this year.

I don't care for the order or the sash that much.
But it's about time to see the ocean tiara where it belongs, on Charlene's head ;)

From what I read in another article these are some of the lower valued cars in the collection. PR used to get at least 1 new car, usually a Rolls, from the people of Monaco every year. I'm sure they have many of his cars left. Apparently the site where the car museum is will be repurposed for development so they had to pare down the collection.

It is only a sign of what Albert is doing with Monaco in times of serious economic problems.

I don't think so. They balanced their budget this year and have an emergency fund with over 1 billion Euros in it. I wish the US could say the same.

Yesterday there was a documentary on german tv.
Kate and Charlene, one year after their weddings...

For all of those, who couldn't watch it:

Startseite - ZDF Mediathek

thank you Smush, but there is an announce en german ssaying that this documentary could be seen only the on the german territory.
It is a pity

The Palace has made an update on the invitation of Princess Charlene towards the South African swimmers who will participate at the London Olympics:

HSH Princess Charlene invited the South African swimmers selected for the London Olympics to train in the Principality.
Picture : HSH Princess Charlene invited the South African swimmers selected for the London Olympics to train in the Principality.

The Princess would like these very promising young athletes to benefit from the best possible conditions before the Games.
With the support of Her Foundation, the Princess made certain the swimmers would follow a rigorous physical preparation programme perfectly adapted to the Olympic Games.

The Princess said she would be extremely attentive to the proper organisation of their stay, which should last from 8 to 22 July in Monaco.
source: palais.mc

I am sorry to find everything she does quite absurd, but, why is it important for SA swimmers to train in Monaco? Is she not discreditting SA facilities and Olympic programs? Is she Princess of SA????

Why does she not put her energy in representing her new country in an acceptable manner? Because "representing" is not only posing for papparazzis. She got it wrong.

Last edited:
It's a shame you feel that way Rosana, and can't see this for what it is. Just an offer. Monaco is after all a little closer to London than SA, and seeing as every team snapped up the training facilities in the UK months ago, they need a place to train before going to London. Makes sense to me, it's a very kind offer IMO.

Last edited:
previous|

Unfortunately SASCOC ( SA Olympic Committee) does not have the finances, nor do SA have the proper training facilities to prepare these athletes adequately. This is a very generous offer by the Princess and top swimmers like Chad le Clos and Cameron van der Burgh will definitely benefit from her efforts.

C4A said:
previous|

Unfortunately SASCOC ( SA Olympic Committee) does not have the finances, nor do SA have the proper training facilities to prepare these athletes adequately. This is a very generous offer by the Princess and top swimmers like Chad le Clos and Cameron van der Burgh will definitely benefit from her efforts.

It really is quite a lovely gesture. I see no problem whatsoever with the Princess extending an invitation to athletes from her country of origin.

I wonder if she'll join it at one of the workouts for the fun of it.

Princess Charlène is doing what Princess Grace did during her life of Princess, she helped many foreighn artists around the world. and also many US artists. I remember she helped Robert Hossein when he did not find any more job , she helped Josephine Baker when she was ruined, she had no more music hall shows, she had to leave her home with her large family(11 adopted children), she gave her home and food in Monaco. When she died, princely family, her native family, her friends went on her support in doing the Princess Grace foundation which is often helping America artists. This year fot the 30th birthday of her dead, there will be a gala where the Wedding car Lexus will be sold in aution and other famous things will be sold and the money raised will go to the Princess Grace Foundation.
Princess Grace was doing a fondation who helped all the children in the world, not only the children in Monaco;
With her foundation Princess Charlene dédicated to the children, mothers in need and the sport people, Charlene helped the swimmer olimpic team this year, she is also helping a foundation which helps the children in Haiti through the sport activities. She is patron of the special olimpic of monaco, and she is helping handicaped children and she is supporting many humanitory aids of monaco where Albert is the patron. she is also co patron of the big humanitory organisation of Mgr Tutu (the giving organisation). In december , when she was in South Africa, she gave the money she raised to Mgr Tutu for the organisation.

O.k. O.k. Im going to ask and I know its probably going to get me in trouble but ..... what are they waiting for? No one has said anything about children. Are they waiting for something? Sorry, I had to ask. :)

:previous:

Both have said that they would like to have children, we have seen both videos and magazine interviews where they talked about that.

Time will tell if their dreams of a family with children can come true, but untill that it's unfair and useless to speculate about it.

I am sorry to find everything she does quite absurd, but, why is it important for SA swimmers to train in Monaco? Is she not discreditting SA facilities and Olympic programs? Is she Princess of SA????

Why does she not put her energy in representing her new country in an acceptable manner? Because "representing" is not only posing for papparazzis. She got it wrong.

why so much hatred? she's princess of monaco and has a foundation that helps sportsmen. i'm perfectly sure monaco's sportsmen and women are getting all that's needed and more to train for the olympics. being an olympic competitor herself, she's just giving an opportunity to her country men and her swimming team partners to train in an exceptional location, in the best facilities, with all that they would possibly need. i find it very honorable of her to not forget what she used to do and give back something she would have wished she got when she was a swimmer. isn't that something worth of praise rather than criticism?

so far, i think charlene is doing an excellent job "representing her new country" in a more than acceptable manner. posing for the paparazzi's is a lot of what monaco is all about. it's the land of glitz and celebrities, that's how they became popular and why they are still so. i read the other day how her attendance to a charity event raised ticket selling enormously. so no, she didn't at all get it wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom