General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for General News & Information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene!

The old thread can be found here:

** General News & Information about Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Part 1: July 2011 - February 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess
an article about the offer of the princess Charlene to host the SA swimmers team at Monaco

Princess
an article about the offer of the princess Charlene to host the SA swimmers team at Monaco

Thanks for that, melina. The article that I read had basically said that Charlene had bailed out the South African team. Well, bail out or not it seems that she was keen to help her fellow country people. What a sweetheart. ! :flowers:

I am not sure if this is the proper place to put this; I was just wondering if anyone thinks that Charlene and Albert going to the Oscar's set the Monacco RF back a few decades?

Yes it is. There maybe a slight chance that the ZDF will put in on "mediathek".
That would give you the opportunity to see it afterwards online.

Yes it is. There maybe a slight chance that the ZDF will put in on "mediathek".
That would give you the opportunity to see it afterwards online.

That would be great. Will keep my fingers crossed. :flowers:

:previous: Thank you. I enjoyed the report very much.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this old article. Charlene has received criticism for not being present enough in Monaco or not performing enough public engagements. I just wanted to remind posters that Princess Grace too experienced similar criticism during the first year of her marriage.

I found this old August 18, 1956 newspaper article. (Sorry that it is posted in two frames). It is old and hard to read. The article says that, "the marriage is a flop, we need another marriage in Monaco to boost the publicity, and the princess is hardly ever seen at the palace."

It seems to me that history repeats itself. Grace was a wonderful success in Monaco. Her first year of marriage was difficult. Even her own sister Lizanne talked about Grace's eyes being red from always crying. Charlene must too adapt and adjust and I don't think that it will be easy. She will be successfull too, just give her time.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/agogo61/marriageisaflop1.jpg
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/agogo61/marriageisaflop2.jpg

newspaper link

Last edited:
Interestiing article Agogo. It seems the Grimaldis are constantly criticized. Alot of people want to see them fail, but they always seem to rise to the challenge in the end.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this old article. Charlene has received criticism for not being present enough in Monaco or not performing enough public engagements. I just wanted to remind posters that Princess Grace too experienced similar criticism during the first year of her marriage.

newspaper link
Has this supposed criticism of Charlene been published anywhere, outside of perhaps a few posters on these forums?

NGalitzine, the criticism is in French, German, Swedish and Italian press. It is a story that sells. I don't agree with this type of gossip. It is mean and unkind but good happy stories don't sell magazines. A few posters on this forum do post this but many forums outside of TRF exist exclusively on peevish regurgitation of this type of story. I wanted to point out that this story was not very original and was first invented in 1956.

Last edited:
It seems to me that history repeats itself. Grace was a wonderful success in Monaco. Her first year of marriage was difficult. Even her own sister Lizanne talked about Grace's eyes being red from always crying. Charlene must too adapt and adjust and I don't think that it will be easy. She will be successfull too, just give her time.

newspaper link

How much time do you think she will need to adapt? 20 more years would be ok?:lol:

Princess Grace had just arrived in Monaco at the time of her wedding. It was for her a new continent a new way of life and a new language. Charlene has been living there for many years. She knows the life and the official acts in Monaco, she has assisted to many. She has to be completely in. And of course she MUST learn french. There is not an excuse about. The 2 danish princesses learned danish very fast. How many decades does Charlene need?

the report 50mn inside shows how princess charlene is at ease in Monaco, it speaks about the fact she inaugurates alone the exhibit of Princess Gr

excuse me, my computer stoppes. I begin again, the report 50mn describes how Charlene is at ease in her activities, it speaks about the fact she inaugurates alone the exhibit of Princess Grace in Australia or in China or with Albert in Norge or in Finland, it speaks about the charity events where she attended to. Many reporters ( gala, match or point de vue)said that now she is very at ease and she succeeds now in her work, and in her work of wife of the soverein. They speak about the future fondation Princess Charlene
Princess Grace had also many critics at the beginning of her wedding and she was unhappy.
I think that only the french reporters of serious media can judge Princess Charlene and not foreighn gossips or the same persons here, who live very far of Monaco who will never say that Charlene makes a good work and go on to critic her. Mo matter.
There are many videos about the activities of Princess Charlene on this forum or in monaco channel and you will see that she adjusted to her activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know what Charlene is doing behind palace doors.
And who knows if she really isn't at the palace. Where else could she be?
At Roc Agel?
She has her parents near by at La Turbie. Visiting them would be quite normal to me.
At least we don't see Charlene walking around alone, spending money or going on holiday by herself or with friends.

I would like to get to know the people who spread around this gossip and ask them for their source!

And being at Albert's side all the time at every event he attends would increase the negative press against Albert. That he isn't man enough to go on his own... And Albert wouldn't want that, he already made that clear in some interviews.

So who do you please???

From what I can see Charlene has, to date, attended loads of events in Monaco, not to talk of all the foreign tours that she has undertaken with and without Albert.

She has only been Princess for 9 months. I think that she has done an awful lot in that time. And that is just what the public sees. Who knows what else is being done behind closed doors. !!

It seems a bit surprising that PC's brother would talk about his and his mother's feelings on PC having a baby when no pregnancy has been announced yet as it can only increase pressure on her. (..)

Princess splashes out for swimmers
Princess of Monaco will host SAfrican swimmers
South Africa's Olympic swimmers can expect to be treated like kings and queens before the London Games. Princess Charlene of Monaco, a former Olympic swimmer for South Africa, has invited the swim team to train in the principality in June for its final buildup to the games, Swimming South Africa said Monday.
Charlene Wittstock, who married Prince Albert of Monaco last year, will provide royal aid through training facilities and accommodations, SSA spokesman Godfrey Monei told The Associated Press.

It's being reported that on the 18th of May Queen Elizabeth is hosting a lunch for the Sovereigns of the worlds, including Monaco, and their spouses at Windsor Castle to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee. This is to be followed by a banquet hosted by Prince Charles at Buckingham palace that same evening. The British Monarchy isn't great at allowing access to these kind of events but hopefully there may be an official pic to mark this historic occasion as well as any the press manage to get.

Last edited:
Has PC's charitable foundation been formally launched yet? I've looked out for this but havn't seen anything.

Princess Charlene 'depressed' at her failure to 'fulfill deal' to provide husband Albert with a legitimate heir | Mail Online

Prince Albert of Monaco’s new wife Charlene Wittstock has become ‘depressed’ at her failure to provide her husband with a legitimate heir, it was claimed today.
Princess Charlene is said to have struck a ‘deal’ with the principality’s playboy ruler to bear him a child after she tried to flee before their wedding last summer.
But the 33-year-old South African is now unable to get pregnant, France’s Voici magazine reported.

Voici is a tabloid which is not serious, it is used to say liars, last june, it said that Kate of Cambridge made a miscarriage and last month, it said
that the duchess can not give an heir to the english monarchy, of course Mail On line will never repeat what the french tabloid said about the duchess but it prefers to repeat the false rumor that Voici says about Charlene.

One photo to answer to mail on line and Voici
Princesse joyeuse- - Charlène, princesse au royaume canin - ParisMatch.com

Nice pix for an happy Princess !:flowers:

Agree, SAS la princesse de Monaco will do what she needs to do when together with her husband, she decides the time is right! I do not envy her the chattering ladies of Monaco who have too much time and money on their hands but she has her husband on her side, la chanceuse! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom