Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be really surprised if she didn´t bother to finish high school this 4 years. What was she doing then? Only improving her image?
No ambition but to get the ring-the status and that is blatant opportunism[when your interests are dependant on that of another and you allow yourself to be defined by that relationship as a perceived career] mixed with insolence of if ever I have seen it.In the last four years as a matriculant[mature] student CW could have received her European equivalent of a high school diploma and had a university degree course or two under her belt- there any number of courses Charlene could have taken and finished.She could have invented herself as a photographer or interior decorator or something atleast except this void.Instead she chose to vegetate - hence the shock for most people.
CW is unaccomplished in a world that is fast paced and needs someone to be at the cutting edge.Granted she has been an Olympian but that was a million years ago.

What sour grapes. She, obviously, has attracted a very eligible person. Albert's no fool. Going to a university does not, necessarily, guarantee intelligence. One can learn outside of school, too. She never purported to have gone to university. The press did. Grace never attended university, either. Her family could well afford it.
What out of touch attitudes. If this was an episode of the Flintstones it would be acceptable but it is not. Grace was over half a century ago- and because she attracted a Prince means nothing to me as a feminist. University does not guarantee intelligence and sexual prowess. but "erudition" to some extent. University was in the day PA went only for six per cent of the people but now eighty percent of people will and do go_One can be socially educated as Grace was- hence the Monaco success.CW has no proclivity towards the arts so far and I cannot say she is cultured person. The fact that various people argue that we do not know is now ridiculous because in these four years we would have seen her at symphomies and art galleries instead of the rock concert.Yousay thatone can learn outside the school certainly this is the only kind of learning CW has and has worked for her.
I cannot see this with Charlene. I know give her a chance yet another chance - we all hate her - it will work out- no nada a fiasco-
Many have difficult time accepting the facts - Pa has become betrothed to a lady with little or no formal education and hardly a social one-yet she is as fandesacs so aptly put a sportie girl with Haute couture clothes and nothing more.
But give her a chance yet another hundred years.The pity party continues...

She could have invented herself as a photographer or interior decorator or something atleast except this void.Instead she chose to vegetate - hence the shock for most people.

I agree. She has been doing nothing apparently. I´m still waiting to hear some good speeches in French. She still has time, who knows.

No she doesn´t need to have a diploma for cutting a ribbon and smiling, she will hardly need to do anything diferent than that. You don´t need to go to university to be a Princess. But please! can someone tell me for sure if this woman has NOT even finished high school?. That would speak a lot about her, and of her lack of interest in being a cultivated woman, if not now, in the future. I don´t think this is a detail. It looks like she, and her advisors, are only interested in her external image.

Great news, thanks for letting us know, ladybelline!

I hadn't expected that they would announce it before autumn as they
hadn't done it shortly after the engagement, but great that we can
now look forward to that summer wedding!

Wow! Less than a year, can't wait for it!

Argentina's Independence Day :;)
But for Monaco, i think there's nothing on that date.

Thanks to Miraglis1983 for tracking down the best view we have had of the engagement ring since the official pic. It is much neater than it first appeared to be.

Daylife

Happy to hear they announced a wedding date! So I'm guessing the celebration will be like a reception a few days later while I'm assuming the actual civil ceremony will be done in private? I dunno that's just how I read it, might be wrong.

I'm quite sure here the religious service will be on tv but I wonder about the civil one... maybe we will get only several minutes of it

It appears that it is necessary to step in once again.

TRF is a discussion board that welcomes all type of opinions (negative as well as positive). It should be noted that you can't please everyone all the time. We certainly get complaints that we are too sugary as well as the fact that we are slipping down a negative path. We do try to encourage ALL types of discussion within reason.

With that in mind, if your feelings for Charlene and Albert are not positive and you wish to express that right, please refrain from calling them names, questioning their motives (i.e. Charlene is an opportunist, Albert has to marry her, she has been waiting for years with this goal, etc.) Such talk is considered defamatory and will be deleted without notice.

Also, it goes without saying that it is possible to engage in a civil discussion without being rude, snarky and patronizing to your fellow TRF'ers. Those posts have been and will continue to be deleted as well.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM. Any concerns that are posted in the threads will be deleted.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

What out of touch attitudes. If this was an episode of the Flintstones it would be acceptable but it is not. Grace was over half a century ago- and because she attracted a Prince means nothing to me as a feminist. University does not guarantee intelligence and sexual prowess. but "erudition" to some extent. University was in the day PA went only for six per cent of the people but now eighty percent of people will and do go_One can be socially educated as Grace was- hence the Monaco success.CW has no proclivity towards the arts so far and I cannot say she is cultured person. The fact that various people argue that we do not know is now ridiculous because in these four years we would have seen her at symphomies and art galleries instead of the rock concert.Yousay thatone can learn outside the school certainly this is the only kind of learning CW has and has worked for her.
I cannot see this with Charlene. I know give her a chance yet another chance - we all hate her - it will work out- no nada a fiasco-
Many have difficult time accepting the facts - Pa has become betrothed to a lady with little or no formal education and hardly a social one-yet she is as fandesacs so aptly put a sportie girl with Haute couture clothes and nothing more.
But give her a chance yet another hundred years.The pity party continues...

Wait a minute, pity party? For crying out loud, CW is a beautiful with a successful career in swimming. Do you not think that Albert has thought long and hard about proposing and making CW his wife and therefore help him run a country. Yet again I will say that, Jaya, CW is very much situated to her role, or do you also take that look on Prince Daniel too?

Laura :ohmy:

CW is a beautiful with a successful career in swimming. Do you not think that Albert has thought long and hard about proposing and making CW his wife and therefore help him run a country. CW is very much situated to her role, or do you also take that look on Prince Daniel too?

Laura thank you for bring up the correlation between the two couples.

Prince Albert and Ms Wittstock share a love for sports. I think that is the bond that started the relationship that turned in engagement.

Now, Crown Princess Victoria fell in love with her trainer. Prince Daniel help her fight and I hope win against a eating disorder. That I think bonded them and then marriage.

I think it is great to start out as friends and develop into a relationship with love.:flowers:

Laura thank you for bring up the correlation between the two couples.

Prince Albert and Ms Wittstock share a love for sports. I think that is the bond that started the relationship that turned in engagement.

Now, Crown Princess Victoria fell in love with her trainer. Prince Daniel help her fight and I hope win against a eating disorder. That I think bonded them and then marriage.

I think it is great to start out as friends and develop into a relationship with love.:flowers:

Well its true there is a link between these two, not just sport but the fact people were dead against Daniel but now look at him. Victoria is madly in love with him, happily married and A/C will be the same.

Now can we leave her alone and move on with this conversations, which is of course their upcoming marriage next year.

I am pleased that thye have announced a date for the civil and religious cermonies - it gives us something to look forward to and focus on rather than constant speculation about when the wedding will be.

I maybe wrong but it appeared to have the diamonds set in platinum and not gold..And as a betrothal ring it is a beautiful statement piece.

I believe it is white gold, european white gold that has less nickel, so it is more grey than one would expect. It could be platinum if brushed, but it would take years and years of wear for platinum to patina to that texture. Perhaps it is not new. I agree it is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom