Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that makes me what to go hmmmm is why the rather impersonal telephone call to Daddy Wittstock (directly quoted from him on The Star, a South African paper) to ask for his only daughter's hand in marriage when PA was in SA only a few days before? PA could have flown in Mommy and Daddy Wittstock to Johannesburg when he was attending the World Cup? Unless he did it backwards - proposed first before asking for Daddy Wittstock's permission?

I think PA doesn't care for Wittstock family. He wasn't interested where Charlene comes from. I have never heard that the prince has ever met
CW's parents. So I really believe he has called them a couple of times.
CW's parent are simple hard working people. According to the facts PA keeps himself far away from them. He had a lot of oppurtunities to meet them and he missed all of them.
He only knows brothers of her future bride.
That is the reason he asked Michael Wittstock's permission only one day before the official engagement to marry her daughter. If he would respect his future father- in- law he ought to have visited him personally to pop this question in Wittstock's house. I really think they will meet at very first time next summer.

I had the same thought when I saw Repossi.;)

Aha...Repossi! They are the ones who designed that godawful bauble that Dodi al-Fayed allegedly purchased for the Princess of Wales with the intention of proposing to her the night of their ill-fated trip to Paris...

I think PA doesn't care for Wittstock family. He wasn't interested where Charlene comes from. I have never heard that the prince has ever met
CW's parents. So I really believe he has called them a couple of times.
CW's parent are simple hard working people. According to the facts PA keeps himself far away from them. He had a lot of oppurtunities to meet them and he missed all of them.
He only knows brothers of her future bride.
That is the reason he asked Michael Wittstock's permission only one day before the official engagement to marry her daughter. If he would respect his future father- in- law he ought to have visited him personally to pop this question in Wittstock's house. I really think they will meet at very first time next summer.
Prince Charles called Lord Spencer to ask for the hand of Lady Diana and did not visit in person. Pa knows her brothers well enough
I think he knows her parents too. and he is discreet enough not to divulge it.If he has not visited their humble abode then so be it; he is not asking for a dowry in person is he? Perhaps he is nervous and he wants to avoid overloading himself. Step by step things all work out. Farah Dibah's's mother is the only parent I can think of that made the Shah of Iran come to her door and home and ask for Farah's hand otherwise she said I will veto you and the proposal of marriage.The rest is history.

Yes. Mathilde was an aristocrat, a well-mannered young lady who was a speech therapist (which perhaps meant that she worked a good deal with children). So she was a pretty, aristocratic woman who loved children. Remind you of anyone?:whistling:

The current crop of Crown Princesses seem to be doing quite well considering their early controversies. I expect that the same will be true of Charlene. Prince Albert spoke in an interview about how she's been learning French and that she's sensitive and has humanitarian interests particularly with children. That sounds like good princess material to me.

The only person who managed to escape it somewhat was Mathilde.

I had the same thought when I saw Repossi.;)
That Repossi is a big ring rock and a glittery one kinda Elvis glitter- I prefer Bulgari myself. just plain bands with the other's name and date engraved inside.

Zonk , thanks for that . We have come a long way. Always but always they see Charlene as some kind of interloper.Charlene has no divorces ; she seems to come from a good family; has never wanted for anything; is not a windswept with all this and that materiality;is a good daughter who took a chance for love;she has no known criminal record; no children hiding under the apple tree;no scandals hounding her except the resentment that she is some kind of interloper on Grace's territory which is Monaco.She has braved the toughest criticisms; and come out a with Albert's heart.Maybe she is not Jackie O culturally but perhaps with time she can and will learn.God love ya Charlene ... time to set the example and for us to see what the Prince sees in you.
As for Caro I think she has had a full life and I think that she step aside a bit and let her brother have one which I think she will do easily ; albeit I think she will be patron of the arts on several things still and be included along with Stephanie.

Hi Jaya. I agree with you. You desrcibe very well CW. It is true that she has a normal background. However she isn't a typically bride like Letizia, Maxima or Mary. She lacks a lot to things. Especially the education.
Of course she can learn and will learn the protocol, French and some necessery knowledge to furfill her duties. I don't envy her because she always wanted to be part of this 'huge buisness'. That is why he has braved
the toughest critisisms. She knew it this her only chance to survive.
Nothing is waiting for her in her home country. Unfortunately she never had income on her own. Maybe she had some money thanksful to her swimming results until 2005. Her job as swimming teacher was occasionally. She has no degree ( she studied some semesters at a college but she didn't finished it), she never had a full time job. She was a quite successful swimmer in her home country but she never was a worldwide acknowlegded athlete. The biggest bless in her life was to meet PA in 2001. She used this oppurtinity to win the sympathy of PA. I don't know that PA loves her but it is sure he likes her. He accepted th facts and situation: he is getting older, he shoud marry to produce legitime heirs
and he finally decided to make this necessery step . Charlene accepted this situation as well she will do her best to furfill her duties. She wanted this position. However she won't be the new Grace. She will be next Princcess Consort of Monaco. Grace is a legend. She doesn't have mistakes, she is a beautiful memory and and can be replaced. Charlene is a woman ,she is human .. she can't complete this facts.

Ps. Maybe I was a little rude, however i think that is my point of view.
I wish them happines. It is sure that Charlene suits PA but she is not who I imagined for this role.

Perhaps she's not yet comfortable enough in French to do an interview in the language. An interview isn't a normal conversation.

It's sort of odd all this. They have this engagement, and as rarotonga says, i'm curious too why Charlene wasn't interviewed with Albert too.

I know Bulgari only through Vogue Magazine ads.;):lol:

That Repossi is a big ring rock and a glittery one kinda Elvis glitter- I prefer Bulgari myself. just plain bands with the other's name and date engraved inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps she's not yet comfortable enough in French to do an interview in the language. An interview isn't a normal conversation.

It is not an obstacle. She can speak English as well. Princess Mary did it at her engagement. By this time she didn't speak Danish as well.

Didn't they do an interview together when they were in Vancouver up at their lodge at Whistler I coulda sworn for the life of me they did.

My, my , my! I wouldn't espect this any more! I supposed it should never happened. One never knows people deeply! :ROFLMAO: I've always believed that Prince Albert should die as a single man! :lol: I'm relieved and happy. I was wrong and I'm not ashamed to accept it, for I'm so happy with these news that all other feeling about Albert and Charlene are gone by now. I'm just THANKFUL!!! :angel::heart::clap::royalrobes::fireworks::fireworks:

Vanesa.

Any close up of the ring?

I just checked ITN and it was in english

For anyone who has missed it
CANADA: Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock share their sporting interests and Olympic dreams

Call me crazy but that's one of the only royal interviews I've ever actually really enjoyed!

That is the first and only time I have ever heard Charlene speak...she has a soft, elegant voice and seemed much more poised and articulate(at least in this interview) than Prince Albert...I love her accent!

I can't wait to hear her speak French....

Hi Jaya. I agree with you. You desrcibe very well CW. It is true that she has a normal background. However she isn't a typically bride like Letizia, Maxima or Mary. She lacks a lot to things. Especially the education.
Of course she can learn and will learn the protocol, French and some necessery knowledge to furfill her duties. I don't envy her because she always wanted to be part of this 'huge buisness'. That is why he has braved
the toughest critisisms. She knew it this her only chance to survive.
Nothing is waiting for her in her home country. Unfortunately she never had income on her own. Maybe she had some money thanksful to her swimming results until 2005. Her job as swimming teacher was occasionally. She has no degree ( she studied some semesters at a college but she didn't finished it), she never had a full time job. She was a quite successful swimmer in her home country but she never was a worldwide acknowlegded athlete. The biggest bless in her life was to meet PA in 2001. She used this oppurtinity to win the sympathy of PA. I don't know that PA loves her but it is sure he likes her. He accepted th facts and situation: he is getting older, he shoud marry to produce legitime heirs
and he finally decided to make this necessery step . Charlene accepted this situation as well she will do her best to furfill her duties. She wanted this position. However she won't be the new Grace. She will be next Princcess Consort of Monaco. Grace is a legend. She doesn't have mistakes, she is a beautiful memory and and can be replaced. Charlene is a woman ,she is human .. she can't complete this facts.

Ps. Maybe I was a little rude, however i think that is my point of view.
I wish them happines. It is sure that Charlene suits PA but she is not who I imagined for this role.

Letizia Ortiz(now CP of Spain) was about as far from being a "typical bride" as it is possible to be. She was the divorced grandaughter of a cab driver who was rumored to be an..gulp..ATHEIST..marrying into one of Royal Europe's most hardcore Catholic families.

Maxima Zorregueta is the daughter of a former Fascist politician so notorious he was banned from attending his own daughter's wedding. She herself was a heavy smoking party girl living la vida loca in New York before she met her Prince.

Neither of these young women was typical Royal bride material and faced controversy and opposition to their marriages. I myself was particularly horrified at CP Felipe's choice of Letizia.

But I was wrong..I have come to like and admire both for their devotion to their husbands, their children and their duties. The crowds at Princess Victoria's wedding went crazy cheering for them.

I think Charlene might surprise some people as well 1

:bang:And there could be another theory; during Princess Victoria's Wedding Charlene looked sad:ermm:, on returning home she could have given PA an :ROFLMAO:ULTIMATUM!! it is your guess.

I think so Charlene has given an ULTIMATUM...:sad:
Albert and Charlene seemed in no way loving. If Albert had made for her the proposition, there would have been more smiles on behalf of Charlene. Albert seemed more annoyed to be there that to think that he was going to jump the step. Moreover the (conned) photo of the engagement says length about it on the state of mind of Albert.:ohmy: Photoshop [http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/image708400.jpg] a younger and happy face on the photo of engagement... http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/albert.jpg We show us that we want to show us but the reality can be completely different. I wait to see the first video of the "couple" lying on their relation.

:bang: Sorry not to be enthusiastic as you all, but I too much observed of people around me to know that there is no love between these both. That all that we show us is forged. The noble family was too often used to (for a long time) playing us " comedia dell' arte ".

Albert and Charlene seemed in no way loving. If Albert had made for her the proposition, there would have been more smiles on behalf of Charlene. Albert seemed more annoyed to be there that to think that he was going to jump the step. Moreover the (conned) photo of the engagement says length about it on the state of mind of Albert.:ohmy: Photoshop [http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/image708400.jpg] a younger and happy face on the photo of engagement... http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/albert.jpg We show us that we want to show us but the reality can be completely different. I wait to see the first video of the "couple" lying on their relation.

:bang: Sorry not to be enthusiastic as you all, but I too much observed of people around me to know that there is no love between these both. That all that we show us is forged. The noble family was too often used to (for a long time) playing us " comedia dell' arte ".

Ultimatum. Sorry I don't think Charlene isn't (wasn't) in that situation to give an ultimatum:" Decide, we have been dating for more than 4 years. It is absolutely weird how things go on. So marry me or I am going to leave you" It is very risky. Because he could sent her home without engagement.

Ps. What is this feeling or phenomenon between them?If it is not love or sympathy

I for one don´t believe in any ultimatum from Charlene. Albert is a man who always does what he wants and I highly doubt he in his age and position would let anyone to give him any ultimatum. I believe that he has got engaged because he wants.
During the Swedish ceremony Charlene didn´t look sad at all to me, but very attentive. She attentively watched the wedding vows, but wasn´t at all sad.
Moreover I read that Albert waited with the engagement announcement after the Swedish wedding not to steal attention from Victoria and Daniel. So I suppose both Albert and Charlene already knew.:)

And even if she asked him to solve their relationship (I wouldn´t call it ultimatum), if he wasn´t interested in marriage with her and was with her only for public or fun or whatever, it would be very easy for him to say: OK, it is over. There would be many other girls trying their luck on her position.
No, I believe that there is something special in Charlene, and he knows why he decided to share his life with hers.

I for one don´t believe in any ultimatum from Charlene. Albert is a man who always does what he wants and I highly doubt he in his age and position would let anyone to give him any ultimatum. I believe that he has got engaged because he wants. ...
Agree, he have been withstanding presusure to marry from his father and the entire court (if not princedom) of Moncao for 30 years (not to mention scores of girlfriends) so why would he give in to an ultimatum NOW? unless he loves this girl.

So the theories that a) Albert was pressured into it and b) He don't love Charlene, is incompatibel. One of them could be true (but I don't think so) but both can not be true at the same time.

I'm sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I too think there is no love between Albert and Charlene. I think Albert is marrying her just for the sake of pleasing everyone, and to produce a legitimate heir to the Monegasque Throne.

He has never shown any interest in getting married at all, for such a long time. I think his engagment to Charlene is just a means to an end.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't have anything against these two people, but I'm just analysing this particular sitation.

Nevertheless, congrats to Albert and the future HSH Princess Charlene, Duchess of Valentinois, Estouteville, Mazarin, Mayenne, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Polignac, Torigni, Ferrette, Belfort, Thann, Rosemont and Longjumeau, Lady of Saint Remy and Isenheim....just to name a few.

What do you think, does Andrea seem a little less appealing after the Engagement News? :neutral:

Most of them said He will be Heir to the Throne. :king:

:shifty:

I'm sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I too think there is no love between Albert and Charlene. I think Albert is marrying her just for the sake of pleasing everyone, and to produce a legitimate heir to the Monegasque Throne.

He has never shown any interest in getting married at all, for such a long time. I think his engagment to Charlene is just a means to an end.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't have anything against these two people, but I'm just analysing this particular sitation.

Nevertheless, congrats to Albert and the future HSH Princess Charlene, Duchess of Valentinois, Estouteville, Mazarin, Mayenne, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Polignac, Torigni, Ferrette, Belfort, Thann, Rosemont and Longjumeau, Lady of Saint Remy and Isenheim....just to name a few.

Wow... :queen4:

I just checked ITN and it was in english

For anyone who has missed it
CANADA: Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock share their sporting interests and Olympic dreams

Call me crazy but that's one of the only royal interviews I've ever actually really enjoyed!

Thank you. :)

Charlene looks and sounds promising... :flowers:
Cute laugh. :D

And The people of Monaco/Monégasques like Charlene? :)

Sorry, Charlene is beautiful, even young Camilla was no beauty.

Whenever I see Charlene, I always think of Charlize Theron, another South African Beauty. :lol:

Why all these negative comments ? Can't they just love each other ?

IMO we should close all threats concerning any subject of Charlene and Albert for about six months. All this speculation about an upcoming marriage, children a.s.o. might be a waste of time.....

I'm sorry, speculation about an upcoming marriage? With an official announcement engagement from the palace? That sounds pretty non-speculative to me. Or are you saying that he and Charlene won't make it down the aisle anyway?

I can understand about the thread discussing and heir for Albert.
But with an official announcement from the palace, with close this thread and the thread created to discuss pre-wedding news. It isn't speculation, it's kinda been proved that the couple are engaged.

Why all these negative comments ? Can't they just love each other ?

No, that would be too simple. Charlene is clearly a gold digger who pressured poor Albert into proposing so she could be a princess. I mean, just look at them! No love between them at all -- they look photoshopped together. Clearly this was a mistake.

^^People actually believe that, sadly.

Congratulations to the couple! I hope they will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom