Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is blonde like Grace. That means she will copy her.
And she don´t show her love like Victoria. That means she doesn´t love him.
He is ugly. That means she wants his money and the title.
???

I see.......:whistling:

Congratulation to the couple! :flowers:

Something about this whole situation just doesn't sit right with me. Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of pictures of Ms. Wittstock, but in those I have seen, she just does not to seem to show much emotion. To me she comes across as an "ice maiden". Either she's trying too hard to "be like Pr Grace" or she's too afraid to be herself.

If, however, they are truly happy and this is what they want then I wish them happiness.

First of all he is not ugly. Secondly, I don't know if they love each other, but Grace could hardly have loved Rainier, they hardly knew each other. Charlene is beautiful in her own right. Grace didn't need Ranier's money, but she must of liked the idea of a title. They were engaged in December of 1955 abd married in April 1956, hardly a 6 month wait. This may transpire that way, too. Who knows.

I don´t think it´ll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isn´t really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle specially now that Caroline´s third marriage with EA seems to have ended. So I don´t expect too many heirs to the throne to attend specially not Victoria and Daniel. Just a feeling. I mean he is 52 already and has two children out of wedlock. I believe this will make some difference after all. And he´s so shy it´ll be a nightmare for him to celebrate such a big event anyway....It´s ridiculous to honestly believe that his two children or Stephanie´s children attend. I can´t imagine that.

I think that most if not all of the Crown Princes/Princess' and their spouses will attend. I would not be surprised either if Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attend as well as the King and Queen of Sweden and Norway.

Just my opinion.

Why does she have to be trying to be like Grace. Maybe she just isn't emotional in public and I read that someone who met her said she was quiet and shy. Albert took four years to propose he obviously took his time in choosing Charlene.

As far as I can remember no noble/royal representativ from foreign countries was invited to the enthronement celebrations. It was only a family event and some public festival for the people from Monaco. :cool:

As far as I can remember no noble/royal representativ from foreign countries was invited to the enthronement celebrations. It was only a family event and some public festival for the people from Monaco. :cool:
I remember Sophie and Edward, Victoria as well attending the enthronment ceremony.

I hope she won´t perfrom every duty as a first lady. I still prefer Caroline. Monaco would be less attractive with this woman, who seems to have no personality. Always trying hard to look like Grace, how sad.
I dont believe at all she is in love. Probably in love with the principality.

Once she marries Albert Caroline will no longer be first lady and Charlene will be expected to step up. In addition she is young enough to have children and as she does so Caroline will slip further away from the centre of things.

Think that Charlene was in a difficult position while she was his 'girlfriend' and without an official position and the comparisons with Princess Grace made it even harder. Prince Daniel came across as quiet and shy before any engagement and i think Charlene is the same nervous. Maybe now she is engaged we will see a different side to her and more open as she learns and grows in her role as future Princess of Monaco. I have always thought she was good for Albert so am glad we are finally now at the stage to get excited for the wedding prepartions officially

at last! congrats to the couple. it is about time to see a huge celebration in monaco.

Maybe it has been already said but does anyone know if there will be a press presentation of the couple ?

While everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, I have a couple of observations:

1) Charlene is not Grace and will never be Grace. We all need to come to terms with it. Grace wasn't Grace when she first arrived in Monaco. Its hard living up to a legend, as her daughter, Caroline discovered as well.
2) Speaking of Caroline, I would imagine that Caroline is okay with no longer being First Lady of Monaco. If she could maintain her charity work along with raising her children, and pitching in every once in a while in Monaco but not necessarily living there...she would be okay with that.
3) The lack of official duties (or at least a number of them) in Monaco by the Casiraghi Trio makes sense now. They certainly show up for the important dates but by and large they pretty much have lives outside of Monaco.
4) I am simply AMAZED that people have made major assumptions about Charlene and Albert's relationship based on the press and pictures. Are these pictures similar to the ones in Harry Potter's world where they talk? Not to be facetious...but how does one know that Charlene only wants to marry Albert because of who he is? Did a picture tell us so?
5) The presence of Charlene at the Sweden wedding also makes sense. Its apparent (at least to me) that the Swedish court knew something was going on. Bravo to Charlene and Albert for not trying to take away from Victoria's day.
6) People are assuming a lot as it relates to who will and will not attend the wedding. For the record, some of the royals who attended Albert's enthronement were Victoria of Sweden, Sophie and Edward from Great Britian, Faisal of Jordan, and i believe Alois and Sophie from Lechenstein (I don't follow them on a regular but I believe thats who they were). Certainly not a lot came but its also important to remember that a lot of royals were just in Monaco for Rainier's funeral. And he certainly warranted the presence of several reigning monarchs.

Just a couple of random thoughts I had as I peruse the thread.

Last edited:
Nice-Matin is publishing an exclusive interview with PA tomorrow, about his engagement.

I agree with you Zonk -- the number of people professing that Charlene doesn't really love Albert, that she's too haughty/severe/cold, that she's just trying to be like his mother.....it's all so odd. We don't know much about her admittedly, but if Albert loves her enough to want to marry her, and she loves him enough to accept the proposal.....shouldn't that be all that matters? If the marriage doesn't last, it doesn't last.....but how can we know that now?

I've also noticed a lot of the same criticisms levied against Charlene have also been levied against Kate Middleton. I wonder if there's a connection there. I mean, change the names Albert and Charlene to William and Kate and you have the same thread that's in the BRF section.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, I have a couple of observations:

1) Charlene is not Grace and will never be Grace. We all need to come to terms with it. Grace wasn't Grace when she first arrived in Monaco. Its hard living up to a legend, as her daughter, Caroline discovered as well.
2) Speaking of Caroline, I would imagine that Caroline is okay with no longer being First Lady of Monaco. If she could maintain her charity work along with raising her children, and pitching in every once in a while in Monaco but not necessarily living there...she would be okay with that.
3) The lack of official duties (or at least a number of them) in Monaco by the Casiraghi Trio makes sense now. They certainly show up for the important dates but by and large they pretty much have lives outside of Monaco.
4) I am simply AMAZED that people have made major assumptions about Charlene and Albert's relationship based on the press and pictures. Are these pictures similar to the ones in Harry Potter's world where they talk? Not to be facetious...but how does one know that Charlene only wants to marry Albert because of who he is? Did a picture tell us so?
5) The presence of Charlene at the Sweden wedding also makes sense. Its apparent (at least to me) that the Swedish court knew something was going on. Bravo to Charlene and Albert for not trying to take away from Victoria's day.
6) People are assuming a lot as it relates to who will and will not attend the wedding. For the record, some of the royals who attended Albert's enthronement were Victoria of Sweden, Sophie and Edward from Great Britian, Faisal of Jordan, and i believe Alois and Sophie from Lechenstein (I don't follow them on a regular but I believe thats who they were). Certainly not a lot came but its also important to remember that a lot of royals were just in Monaco for Rainier's funeral. And he certainly warranted the presence of several reigning monarchs.

I agree with all of your thoughts. The Casiraghi Trio live's will be as they are now, i think Andrea and Pierre can safely breath now:ROFLMAO: no responsabilities to the throne ahead.
They sure will appear to the most importants events in Monaco, as they usually do.

About Charlene going to Victoria's wedding, we should have suspected something...and it's good to see the annuncement of the engagement 4 days after the big wedding in Sweden.

I only hope Charlene will be a good Princess for Monaco, the Principality deserves it. Charlene will be Charlene, and Grace will be Grace. And people should stop (or the press should stop) making the comparisons between the two.

Congratulations to the couple. I hope they can live a happy ever after life in Monaco. :flowers:

Congratulations to them! I think they make a lovely couple and there is a certain spark about them in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see the dress. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous!

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but Charlene is Catholic, right? Because if not, she'd need to convert first.

I hope she won´t perfrom every duty as a first lady. I still prefer Caroline. Monaco would be less attractive with this woman, who seems to have no personality. Always trying hard to look like Grace, how sad.
I dont believe at all she is in love. Probably in love with the principality.

I have no bad opinion of her. I think it is others that try to compare her to Princess Grace. I don't know much about her besides seeing her in numerous pictures. All I know is that when Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia, and even Daniel got engaged to royals, many people had negative opinions. People said: "She/he is not qualified." "She/he won't make a good consort." "How will the monarchy survive this?" However, over time many people's minds were changed.

Monaco has survived a Prince with two illegitimate children, all of Pss. Stephanie's antics and Pss. Caroline shotgun marriages. Surely they can handle Charlene. If anything, it is Prince Albert that has a controversial past not Charlene. Imagine if it was she that had 2 out-of-wedlock children from two different men.

I don't know what kind of woman Charlene is, but I know if Mette-Marit (whom I like) can step up to the plate surely Charlene can. Charlene has no crazy stuff in her past. I personally have never heard her speak or give an interview, so I cannot say much about her personality. I am willing to give her a chance. If she flops, then I can criticize her. Let us not forget that even Pss. Grace was treated harshly and unfairly when she first arrived to Monaco. Why repeat that again.

I am shocked! I was starting to think Prince Albert would never marry!
This is fantastic news.
Now I understand why Andrea has looked much better and healthier recently.
This must take alot of pressure off of him.

Could it be that Albert had this fear? That his wife couldn´t resist this pressure from media and people?
Could be. Anything could be. Now that she will be Princess, more comparisons will come along. But i guess is "normal", i mean, any woman would Albert marry sure will be compared to Grace, as well as any woman that would marry William will be compared to Diana (as Kate is being now).

Maybe he has decided this a good time ago, but with Victoria's wedding and all, he didn't want to take the protagonism to her.

I don't think one can solely be judged by pictures and videos at events. Like the other commoners who have recently married into royal families we will tell over the next couple years if she is up to the task. She is the future wife of the Prince of Monaco. Forgive me for being crass but her main role is to have babies and continue the royal line. Unless she is a complete wretch of a person I don't see how this ends badly.

There has been always something strange between Albert and Charlene. They have never behaved like a real couple, it seemed no feeling between them. Albert has been also caught cheating on her since 2006, there have been reports, pics and so on.:whistling:
During Swedish royal wedding Albert appeared to be happy but not Charlene. She has appeared sad in past few months.
There is something strange about their engagement photo too. Albert looks younger and slimmer than just a few days ago. They don't look at each other like all engaged couples, they even don't pretend any feelings. :ermm:
In some article I found info that this engagement pic is undated. It is all weird. Where is engagement reception? Why they don't mention if Charlene's parents were there? Why there is no press conference? All these were present at all royal engagement I have seen. It does not seem right, especially that Albert is sovereign.:ohmy: It seems that the engagement was a rush decision, maybe even made just several days ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think it's a sad day for Monaco. No Charlene is not Grace and never will be. She is a piece of work, not a work in progress. She has no class, no education, no style (sorry Armani but you can dress them up but you can't take them out - except if you are Albert). All I can say is she brings nothing to the table. Albert has a penchant for Vegas and now he's going to marry it. Ending on a positive note, years ago a poster named Ssefra who was mocked was only off by two months on her predictions. Well done Ssefra!

since when was Charlene a school teacher the last i heard she did not finish high school i know they are trying to sell her to the public but what is with the lies.... she is already got the ring no more lies just let her prove her self...:eek:

Yes, I agree. Plus, Mette-Marit is looking at being the Queen Consort of Norway someday. Being married to the Sovereign of a princely state is not like being HRH Crown Princess Charlene or HM Queen Charlene. She'll be married to a Serene Highness in a small principality and not married to the King of a nation.

I don't know what kind of woman Charlene is, but I know if Mette-Marit (whom I like) can step up to the plate surely Charlene can. Charlene has no crazy stuff in her past. I personally have never heard her speak or give an interview, so I cannot say much about her personality. I am willing to give her a chance. If she flops, then I can criticize her. Let us not forget that even Pss. Grace was treated harshly and unfairly when she first arrived to Monaco. Why repeat that again.

Monaco has with stood the antics of Caroline, Stephanie and Albert I don't see how Charlene could possibly be any worse.

Just watch and see. Something is fishy about this enaged

Oh, Zonk...I love this post. I am baffled by some of the comments about the so-called lack of chemistry. How do we know how they behave behind closed doors? And i am old fashioned enough to prefer the days when Royalty behaved like ....ROYALS. In other words I don't need to see them kissing and groping and making cow eyes at one another to believe that they will be a successful couple. They both seem reserved, and Charlene is an Aquarius for those of us interested in that sort of thing. They are not emotional and demonstrative by nature.

Give me a DIGNIFIED Princess any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom