Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the pair of them .

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene.:flowers:

I'm neutral when it comes to her. I don't care for her, but I don't dislike her either, if that makes sense.

Albert looks really handsome in the engagement pics. The color of the suit is great and fit him for a change.

That has to be the ugliest ring I've ever seen. She must have chosen it because I refuse to believe that Albert has such gaudy taste.

I...CAN...NOT...BELIEVE...IT!
So, FINALLY HE IS GETTING MARRIED!!
OH MY GOD!!
Congratsss!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations to the couple.

Well its about time! I kept thinking he better hurry up if he wants children. I think that Charlene has come a long way in 4 years. She looked lovely at the wedding. I like the engagement picture and I have to agree that the ring is a bit much. But, to each his own. I just wish them all the best.:flowers:

I love the green dress that Charlene is wearing in the engagement picture. That color looks great on her! Congratulations to them. I wish them all the best! And I hope they have a big glamorous wedding so we can see all of the Casiraghis in beautiful outfits!

There really doesnt need to be a press conference in Monaco. Lets remember, Charlene has probably already met most of the Monagesque. You dont need a big media circus for the whole nation to know when you can literally invite the whole nation into your garden for an engagment party. I dont know anything about her and I dont find her to be a classic beauty, but Albert loves her and they want to get married. I couldnt be more happy for them. Plus, would Albert really want a high society glamourpuss? Charlene, to me, is everything that his mother and sisters were/are not. (Dont get me wrong I LOVE the Monaco girls) She is just a humble athletic South African girl and I think Albert loves that. I dont think Albert would want to Marry another "Grace" or "Caroline" or "Stefanie". Cant wait for the wedding! Albert seems to be on better and more professional terms with the other royal houses than his father was so I expect a bigger royal turnout this time round.

I saw an article on this and almost died of happiness and then ran here to see if it was true!

Oh, i will be waiting for this wedding more than anything in this world. We'll get to see the whole family there, Caroline and kids, Stephanie and kids. We'll get to see something that looked impossible...Albert getting married.
Maybe they will have kids? Oh, i dont' want my post to be removed as this is a thread for their engagement, but i can't help to think that. I'm so happy!!

^ he is still in his fifities...and he isnt shooting blanks.....so i dont worry about that.....im sure she will ...or wants to get pregnant as soon as possible

Apologies for my earlier error on the length of their relationship.
A US website (yahoo) reported it as they met in 2000 and Charlene
moved to Monaco in 2006. It gave the impression that they were together for almost a decade.

Wow! I, to say sincerely, already lost the hope for that to happen...

Congrats, congrats & once more, CONGRATS!!!

I'm very happy for them both. Since protocol dictates a 6-month wait between an engagement and a wedding, the soonest we'd see them get married is this December. Although it's more likely they'll get married next year.

And even better, that'll be the first high-profile event that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will be attending as husband and wife, assuming of course they're invited and I can't imagine they wouldn't be.

Oooh, I just love royal weddings!

^You are right, i totally forgot Victoria and Daniel with this!
So, i ad to my previous post: we'll get to see the entire family, Albert getting married, and Victoria and Daniel first high profile event!...
I sincerely don't know if i'm happier than Charlene herself at this moment :lol:

Apologies for my earlier error on the length of their relationship.
A US website (yahoo) reported it as they met in 2000 and Charlene
moved to Monaco in 2006. It gave the impression that they were together for almost a decade.
They meet at a swimming event in Monaco in 2000. She appeared with him at the Winter Olympics in 2006 and moved to Monaco around May 18, 2007 after giving up swimming due to a shoulder injury.

Last edited:
I know I said congratulations in an earlier post, but I agree w/many that their relationship never seemed sincere to me - they (IMHO) have no real chemistry, but I believe there has been a lot of pressure from the palace for them to take this next step - including starting a family immediately (she's 32-ish), so that there is a legitimate heir. I'm happy for the principality, and I believe they'll give it a shot, but - to me - it seems about as sincere as Charles and Diana (God rest her soul; no disrespect to either, but it's obvious that Charles loves Camilla; he and Diana never had chemistry, either). I think Charlene has the right "look," but we'll see if there is any substance there worthy of the position of Princess of Monaco.

^ but he had a date with her 2001...after seeing her at the 2000 olympics and giving her flowers... then they reappeared in 2006 during winter olympics

^You are right, i totally forgot Victoria and Daniel with this!
So, i ad to my previous post: we'll get to see the entire family, Albert getting married, and Victoria and Daniel first high profile event!...
I sincerely don't know if i'm happier than Charlene herself at this moment :lol:

I know it won't be as high profile, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Victoria and Daniel attended Prince Nikolaos of Greece's wedding in August/September. I'm quite sure all three Swedish royal children attended Prince Pavlos' and Princess Alexia's weddings.

this is great news! there's is a saying which says that "a wedding issues from another wedding" - the attendance of charlene to victoria's wedding certainly was a sign!
now we have another wedding to look forward to :)

I hope she won´t perfrom every duty as a first lady. I still prefer Caroline. Monaco would be less attractive with this woman, who seems to have no personality. Always trying hard to look like Grace, how sad.
I dont believe at all she is in love. Probably in love with the principality.

I guess I'm a cynic, but I do not believe that Charlene was in love with Albert. :ermm:
She fell in love with the opportunity to become a princess, he needed official heir - that's met two of loneliness (figuratively speaking).
Remembering the photos of Albert on the beach, its puffy body and his stomach - I do not believe that a woman is 30 years couldn't find a better partner for life. :ermm:
Money, social status, photographers, designers, better fashion house in the world, luxury life - I think that Charlene believing in this but not in love

This is my opinion and I hope that I am wrong in this

^^ maybe yu beleive that she believes that money will some how bring happiness and somehow she will love him forever ?

Great news! I'm so happy that he finally did it! And now we have the next big wedding! woohoo ^^

I don´t think it´ll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isn´t really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle specially now that Caroline´s third marriage with EA seems to have ended. So I don´t expect too many heirs to the throne to attend specially not Victoria and Daniel. Just a feeling. I mean he is 52 already and has two children out of wedlock. I believe this will make some difference after all. And he´s so shy it´ll be a nightmare for him to celebrate such a big event anyway....It´s ridiculous to honestly believe that his two children or Stephanie´s children attend. I can´t imagine that.

When Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier how many foreign royals attended the wedding? As this could give us an indiction of the wedding between Albert and Charlene

Princess Victoria did attend Albert's enthronement and the Earl and Countess of Wessex were also in attendence so maybe they could be at a wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom