The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Wow....that was a really big engagementsring

Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say when I saw Charlene at Victoria's wedding I did wonder if it was possible something was afoot but thought na! Albert will be the eternal bachelor! So glad I am wrong and I wish the pair every happiness!

Can't wait for another royal wedding. I hope Jazmin and Alexandre attend!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Nobility

First look at Charlene Wittstock's engagement ring | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com That is one huge rock!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Well, the strange would be if she had a small ring! Albert can afford that actually
Old 06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Yay! Great news!

I'm thinking he asked Charlene's parents for her hand when they were in South Afrika last week.

Beautiful engagement picture!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

It's about time there was an official announcement.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Who does the palace thing it's kidding with this announcement?

A school teacher? The woman doesn't even have a high school diploma!
Don't you think it's odd that there is absolutely no mention of her parent's ... at all!?
Don't you think it's odd that there has been no press conference as had been the case with the other royal engagements?
Don't you thik it's odd that there are no pictures with her parents and/or his sisters?

Give me a break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
What is your problem?

Charlene was a youth worker.
Why should they mention her parents?
No press conference yet, we don't know that one is not being organised.
Why should they take pictures with her parents and his sisters? It is there engagement, they can choose who to have pictures with.
Lumutqueen is correct about Charlene being a youth worker. Shortly after she began dating the Prince in 2006 photos were taken of her teaching children to swim in S.A. They were photos posted on the board. No more was said about it but, it doesn't mean she didn't do more when she was still in SA. Now that they are officially engaged I'm sure people will begin looking into it and others who know her will begin talking.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Courtier

I was on the Google News page and saw the name Charlene Wittstock on the sidebar, so I clicked on it, little thinking I would see headlines about her and Prince Albert's engagement!

I honestly thought he was never going to get married. But congratulations to them!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This was Princess Grace, second bigger engagement ring.
http://i39.tinypic.com/bi10y0.jpg
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

That's great news! I had wondered too if they were engaged prior to Victoria's wedding and had just held off making an announcement so they wouldn't steal Victoria's moment (or have their announcement overshadowed by Victoria's wedding). Looking forward to seeing Prince Albert and Charlene's wedding! She seems like a very nice woman and I wish them all the best.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Courtier

I saw this writen on cnn and couldnt belive it, finaly! Now im not a fan of the ring or her realy, but they seem happy together good for them. the wedding could be some time away so who knows if/when theyll have kids.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello everyone, i have been browsing for years. I hope no one minds me popping in to add my two cents. I can read French fairly fluently, but I am far from being as sophisticated and computer savvy as many of you, so your patience is appreciated! I think Charlene has come a LONG way from the young woman with stringy flyaway hair, leaning from the balcony with a cigarette dangling at the Grand Prix de Monaco. She is now stunning, sleek and elegant...every bit a match for some of the other princesses like Letizia d'Espagne, for example. It seems Albert had a plan all along...slowly grooming his future wife for her role, rather than giving in to public pressure and criticism like the Prince of Wales 28 years ago...and waking up one day to a marital nightmare. My hat is off to him, and I hope Charlene has mastered the French language as brilliantly as she has polished her sense of style...she is quite simply beautiful now, imo. I love the Grimaldis and I love reading about them and their enchanted Principality...my great wish is for the happiness and success of couple, that they have many beautiful babies together...and that this wedding will restore some of the romance, happiness and magic that has been missing since the tragic loss of our beloved Princess Grace.....FELICITATIONS, ALBERT ET CHARLENE!!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM

The ring looks gaudy IMO.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Yes it does purplejo!

Hi moonmaiden! i think your rght she have changed quite a bit, but i still dont get that glam princess feeling with her. who knows if shell be one ever because she has been out much with the prince and it doesnt come off that way still.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Gentry

OMG i am shock does anyone know if this will be big as grace wedding.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Courtier

It was about time....
This explains also Charlene's seating at Victoria & Daniel's wedding.
Looking forward towards another possible royal wedding.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Who cares about a ring - it's the two of them who are important.

I did not think they would ever get married, but it'll all be for the best.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one who finds it a bit weird they haven't spoken to the media yet...but then again Albert always has seemed to do his own thing.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Oh what a wonderful new!

I could not care less about Albert and his future wife (tacky, tacky, tacky is all I'll say about her) but a wedding means plenty of parties and events attended by Charlotte, Pierre and Beatrice in their finest outfits and I certainly can't get enough of that.

So thank you, Charlene and Albert. And good luck to you, I guess.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Commoner

Congratulations Albert and Charlene, and it's about time!