Majesty

Congratulations to the couple!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006
Congratulation! I'm happy for them.

But I think Wills and Kate should send a "thank you"-letter to Monaco, because Albert and Charlene took a lot of pressure from them. Now everyone is happy about and busy with this wedding and Wills and Katie have a little more time for their big announcement. Because let's face it: Everyone was expecting those two to be the next royal wedding couple

I think the only one who might be sending Pr.Albert a Thank You letter is Pr.William, not Kate. This shows Prince William he should take his time, not be pushed by the press and marry when he chooses , even if it takes another decade to meet the right person for him.

Congratulations to Prince Albert for taking his time and finding the woman who is right for him.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there going to be a press conference as normally done for Royal engagements?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

well at least he still is in his 50s
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to HSH Albert and Charlene.
It's been such a long wait but I think that overall Charlene has passed any and all
"tests" that have come her way.
She has been with PA for nearly a decade (I think) and been with him through many things such as his ascension to the throne and the issues over Alexandre and Jazmin.
Through it all she hasn't run to the press with the "tell all" about her life with the prince. And it seems that she's grown more into the role of CP over the years.
Believe VnD's wedding was her coming out party without taking away from VnD and also keeping some elements of the press from her also.
So good luck to them and may they have a very happy marriage.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

okay..they only had one date in 2001..then she came back in the picture in ealry 2006..maybe in late 2005 i suppose ( like december)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the happy couple! I will admit, I did not believe it at first, having been fooled by false alarms in the past, but when the Palace announced it I was finally convinced. The wait is over! Perhaps now the endless sniping at these two will stop. Some said it would never happen, and I was tempted to think that myself, but the way Charlene kept taking on a higher profile and the lack of Andrea Casiraghi being given any title or anything (as it stands the equivalent of Prince William being Mr Will Windsor) made me still hope that Albert planned to take the marital plunge eventually. It will be so great to see another wedding in Monaco. Congrats and best wishes to the Prince and future Princess of Monaco!

(must be something in the water in Stockholm)

Old 06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh this is such wonderful news.
I am glad they announced it after the wedding.
A spring wedding would be beautiful.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope they marry soon.
Its funny to think about the fact that they may have already been engaged when they attended Victoria and Daniels wedding.
Which is probably why she sat with the royals.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Well, it's about time! Congrats to Albert and Charlene! How long have they been together now?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it just me that thinks the official announcement is rather mean? Surely "pleased" or "happy" to announce would be nice!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Coooooool!! Finally, I can't imagine that day!!

Idk if you posted this before, excuse me if someone did it.

El prÃ*ncipe Alberto de Mónaco anuncia su compromiso matrimonial con Charlene Wittstock
Serene Highness

Who does the palace thing it's kidding with this announcement?

A school teacher? The woman doesn't even have a high school diploma!
Don't you think it's odd that there is absolutely no mention of her parent's ... at all!?
Don't you think it's odd that there has been no press conference as had been the case with the other royal engagements?
Don't you thik it's odd that there are no pictures with her parents and/or his sisters?

Give me a break!
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Well, it's about time! Congrats to Albert and Charlene! How long have they been together now?
According to Hola! 4 years
Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

^ 4 and a half years i think...( jan 2006)s
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I think it would be soooo romantic to have the wedding on November 12-Grace's birthday.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Who does the palace thing it's kidding with this announcement?

A school teacher? The woman doesn't even have a high school diploma!
Don't you think it's odd that there is absolutely no mention of her parent's ... at all!?
Don't you think it's odd that there has been no press conference as had been the case with the other royal engagements?
Don't you thik it's odd that there are no pictures with her parents and/or his sisters?

Give me a break!
What is your problem?

Charlene was a youth worker.
Why should they mention her parents?
No press conference yet, we don't know that one is not being organised.
Why should they take pictures with her parents and his sisters? It is there engagement, they can choose who to have pictures with.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I hope they marry soon.
Its funny to think about the fact that they may have already been engaged when they attended Victoria and Daniels wedding.
Which is probably why she sat with the royals.
I was thinkng that too, maybe even as far back as when they were in London perhaps at the Princess Grace exhibit, I wondered if something was up, maybe? Just a thought.

Anyway, it is very happy news, looking forward to the wedding.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Gentry

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to Prince Albert and Charlene!

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene