The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Personnaly I'm fed up about this constant search of Pcs Grace on CW. Out of being both blond, there is NOTHING of Princess Grace on CW, and why it has to be?

Albert is not marrying his mother, he is marrying another person, with a completely different personnality. For his own reasons (whatever would be, love, passion, cold analysis, or friensdhip, etc etc) he thinks CW is the suitable woman for him. This is perfect. Why we are searching to have another Princess Grace? Princess Grace was a magnificent Princess, but another woman with completely different skills could be also absolutely perfect in her role.
CPs Mary and CPs Maxima are both perfect in their roles, but being different caracters, why CW has to be another Grace, in order to succeed???

Very true indeed, Charlene will be her own person. Prince Albert said in an interview that he would not marry someone that his sisters did not approve of. I took that as a statement regarding suitability for the role of wife of the ruler of Monaco. Princesses Caroline and Stephanie are strong women and Charlene is capable of holding her own in the family "business." She appears to be soft and lighthearted. Perhaps just what Prince Albert was looking for. Best to both of them.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Will their be a Press conference with Albert and Charlene ?

Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesPrincess View Post
I'm glad we have another royal wedding to look forward to now that V&D just finished their celebrations. I guess things will probably change with the line of succession then? If he ends up having legitimate children, it would make a huge difference for Caroline's kids who would no longer be expected to rule.
Probably they have been engaged for a while, and the entire Grimaldi clan knew about the engagement. Prince Albert has always said that he would one day marry and have a family. Princess Caroline said in past interviews that her children did not have titles because they would not need them. She did not raise her children thinking that one day they were to rule Monaco so perhaps there is not a huge change in their lives. Who knows?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Courtier

This so great news Is there any pics of the ring?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I am SO happy congrats!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

I would like to see Charlene as the princess of Monaco. She seems to be capable and has everything imo! She is beautiful and keeps a low profile. Good!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Gentry

In my opinion the wedding will take place next year in april, like his parents. Not in november, because is too soon for a big wedding.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Did you see Albert singing "I can´t help falling in love" with whole his heart at the concert before Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding?
Maybe the romantic weekend gave Albert courage to the decision. Great, another royal wedding to come, though it can´t be as lovely as the swedish one, at least to me ...
But congratulations to the couple!
During the wedding I was wondering similar thoughts. At the wedding ceremony, Charlene was glowing and smiling all througout the exchange of vows. I was thinking - how can she look so happy, she is not engaged to Albert. Maybe she is satisified just being his girlfriend? And why is she sitting with the other royals?? Now we know, and probably the Swedish royals knew something too! Why would protocol seat the girlfriend of the prince of Monaco with other heads of state? More people than we know were aware of the impending nuptuals. Fantastic news.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Finally! I would really like to see CW as Albert's wife! She'll give a different aura in Monaco!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
do you think its somehow pressure since they havent set a date yet? do you think its just an engagement to shut people up?

No No No - for several years it has been obvious that Prince Albert did his own thing. He would not enter into the sacrament of holy matrimony just to quiet critics. He is the catholic head of state. His marriage is a important decision in his life, for many reasons. And I can't think of any billionaire (he is one) that would enter into marriage just to keep people from picking on him.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

If it's true - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope that is the case - not sure what they've been waiting for (possibly to see if/when she'd get preggers), so if that's also part of it.....CONGRATULATIONS, again!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
No No No - for several years it has been obvious that Prince Albert did his own thing. He would not enter into the sacrament of holy matrimony just to quiet critics. He is the catholic head of state. His marriage is a important decision in his life, for many reasons. And I can't think of any billionaire (he is one) that would enter into marriage just to keep people from picking on him.
I agree, and also if he is a true gentleman, he wouldn't throw Charlene in this role, the role of the First Lady of a nation, just to shut people up. For it is not only about hs own life anymore but also that of hers. They dated for 4 years, it is normal for them to get married. Look at Victoria and Daniel they waited 8 years. However, no offence but I don't think her cares a lot about being the catholic head of states, since he already has two children out of wedlock.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Who of you think that they will marry this year?

Most likely no - my reason: Other heads of state and royals have their official engagements, schedules and appointments done far in advance. Their daily lives are arranged in appointment books. Months in advance. So I think that the wedding date has to be later - in 2011. This way it will easier for a royal head of state to arrange to attend.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Brilliant news! So pleased for them both & that Monaco has something to celebrate. I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding. Another gathering of the Royals - can't wait.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Nobility

I am so happy for the both of them! I had a feeling this was coming when I saw her on the guest list for Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Charlene will make a lovely bride and princess.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Congratulation! I'm happy for them.

But I think Wills and Kate should send a "thank you"-letter to Monaco, because Albert and Charlene took a lot of pressure from them. Now everyone is happy about and busy with this wedding and Wills and Katie have a little more time for their big announcement. Because let's face it: Everyone was expecting those two to be the next royal wedding couple.
I completely agree!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Congratulations!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Finally!!!!!!!!!
Its about time.
I'm soo happy for them

Albert and Charlenes engagement photos.
myroyal's: ENGAGEMENT PHOTO FROM ALBERT&CHARLENE
Charlene looks beautiful.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Congratulations! I am so happy for them. And honestly, it was about time.

Here is the official announcement:e.
Prince’s Palace of Monaco - The Palace of Monaco announced the engagement of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco with Ms Charlene Wittstock

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...albert-1-a.jpg

Charlene and Albert's wedding news marks next chapter for prince who 'followed his own path'
the official engagement picture (I can´t seem to remember Prince Rainier´s and Grace Kelly´s engagement picture)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

dear god ...i hope this marriage lasts!!!

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene