The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations. When is the wedding announcement on.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Congratulations. When is the wedding announcement on.
Hi - are you asking when the wedding will be? We don't know, it's not been announced.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert to Marry Charlene Wittstock - The Early Show - CBS News (23/06/2010).
Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Commoner

I am just thrilled that Albert is finally getting married and to someone as apparently as classy as Charlene. She is so pretty and seems to really love him. I also like the fact that she has a life of her own long before he came along and maintained that life even after she started dating him. It will so exciting to see the wedding and I am looking forward not only to that but also to seeing the babies come along. After all those little trashy women he has dated over the years and those that turned out to be gold-diggers having a baby to be "set for life", it is so nice that he finally met someone that loves him and will make a wonderful princess.
This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming on sea and continents and island, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. -John Muir
Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Hi - are you asking when the wedding will be? We don't know, it's not been announced.
The Prince said in an interview June or thereabouts of 2011
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
The Prince said in an interview June or thereabouts of 2011
Exactly. We haven't been told the date. "Thereabouts" is like sitting on a tarmac in a plane, and the airline says we will be taking off "shortly."
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe no one cares, because in the overall scheme of things, it is realatively unimportant. All royal marriages are not important, except in their own countries and to a few who find it interesting. Albert's only fame here is because his mother was an American and he is well liked here. Just call me Al, he would say, when he worked and was educated here. I am sure when they are ready, they will be plastered everywhere and then people will complain about the obnoxious coverage. Do you think many people in the States know who just got married in Sweden and could care less.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Administrator

We are reopening this thread, so that TRF members have can have civil discussion regarding the engagement of Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock.

Please note that the subjec t of this thread is not Caroline, its not about Stephanie and its certainly not about Princess Grace.

If you find the need to bash Charlene and/or Albert, you will find your post deleted without notice.

If you wish to discuss the actual relationship between Charlene and Albert you can do it here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-16492-45.html .

If you would like to have thoughts that you would like to share regarding the wedding, you may do that here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-27971-8.html

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or the TRF Admins via PM.

Thank you!

Zonk & Iceflower
Monaco Moderators

Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Nobility

Does anybody know what sort of engagement ring Albert gave Charlene apart from it being diamonds....if this has been discussed in past posts I apologise
Old 07-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Repossi I think
Old 07-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
From Repossi I think
Who is Repossi?? Thanx
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
REPOSSI JOAILLIERS
Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see Tosca has already replied to you.... famous jewellers... high jewellery I think !
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
Does anybody know what sort of engagement ring Albert gave Charlene apart from it being diamonds....if this has been discussed in past posts I apologise
I maybe wrong but it appeared to have the diamonds set in platinum and not gold..And as a betrothal ring it is a beautiful statement piece.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quick info on Alberto and Gaia Repossi:

Repossi Jewels at the Rose Ball | RDuJour

Gaia Repossi at Rose Ball:
Gaia Repossi Pictures - 2010 Monte Carlo Rose Ball - Zimbio

Alberto Repossi and wife Giovanna arrive at Rose Ball:
Alberto Repossi Pictures - Monte Carlo Rose Ball - Arrivals - Zimbio

...and the Wikipedia page:
Repossi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Just noticed that it is an "orphaned" page ..... poor Alberto.... I'll try to de-orphan it a.s.a.p)

And I've just added PA and CW and the ring to the Wikipedia page...
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Somewhere in the last 28 pages and 555 posts people have said Charlene graduated from the University of Pretoria. As I stated before in Charlenes February 2006 interview to Paris Match she clearly said she left home at 17, she didn't do well in school all she wanted to do was swim.

Below are the facts:
She left her Durban-based team (the Seagulls) to join the Tuks Swimming Club at the High Performance Centre at the University of Pretoria. She was never enrolled for any academic courses at the University of Pretoria and therefore never graduated from the University; the Club sponsored her by providing her with free access to their pools, free coaching, accommodations, and gymnasium access. She decided to leave Pretoria in January 2005 and returned to Durban; she then went to the north coast of KwaZulu Natal, where she joined a former Tuks Swimming coach, Brannislav Ivkovic.

Before anyone asks how I know this is fact I contacted the University telling them exactly why I wanted the information, to update Wikipedia and stop speculation on Forums. That is the truth and with the help of two friends the Wikipedia page is updated. The press has not been fact checking and people who post on Wikipedia aren't checking sources either.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well at least we know she had a love of swimming.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well at least we know she had a love of swimming.
Yes, and I give her credit for that not everyone that wants to do a specific thing with their life can achieve it. Especially when it comes to physical abilities some of us just don't have it. She was a good swimmer.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody would doubt that, especially since there is absolute proof of her prowess in swimming, and of the fact that she is an Olympic swimmer.

We may have to be fair, and to give her credit for this, if nothing else.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Commoner

She is pretty and they seem to be really really happy. Congratulations to them. I wish them good luck. Yay another royal wedding!Awesome

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene