The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Courtier

If the wedding isn't until next summer why do they announce it so soon? A whole year?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
If the wedding isn't until next summer why do they announce it so soon? A whole year?
Some royals do that. Swedish royals announced Daniel-Victoria engagement in February 2009 and wedding was like we know in June 2010. More than a year!

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Nobility

I forgot which source it was but a lady spokesperson (perhaps for Le Figaro?) said that Charlene has prepared for this role as far back as 4 years ago? That statement makes it sound like Charlene was "prepped" or calculated the whole move to Monaco and snaring PA's heart. It makes it sound more like a job than falling in love with a person who happens to be a sovereign prince.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
I forgot which source it was but a lady spokesperson (perhaps for Le Figaro?) said that Charlene has prepared for this role as far back as 4 years ago? That statement makes it sound like Charlene was "prepped" or calculated the whole move to Monaco and snaring PA's heart. It makes it sound more like a job than falling in love with a person who happens to be a sovereign prince.
Maybe the lady spokesperson knew that Prince Albert wanted her prepared. For Ms Wittstock to relocate to Monaco there must have been a word from the prince. I hope.
I try to think the best of people.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta.belle View Post
Whenever I see Charlene, I always think of Charlize Theron, another South African Beauty.
Me too! lol I was trying to figure out who Charlene reminded me of! It's Charlize! lol
Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Nobility

On the main board of TRF where the latest news are posted (newsletter titled Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert - Why Now?), it states that CW swam for the University of Pretoria where she graduated. Wikipedia lists this information also and it seems that other online articles and news sources have picked this information up. Reading from the posts on this board, I was under the impression that CW dropped out of high school. So why is it then that she is suddenly listed an alum of the University of Pretoria? Any insight/comment would be helpful. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
On the main board of TRF where the latest news are posted (newsletter titled Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert - Why Now?), it states that CW swam for the University of Pretoria where she graduated. Wikipedia lists this information also and it seems that other online articles and news sources have picked this information up. Reading from the posts on this board, I was under the impression that CW dropped out of high school. So why is it then that she is suddenly listed an alum of the University of Pretoria? Any insight/comment would be helpful. Thank you.
Its called Spin City,rarotonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Me too! lol I was trying to figure out who Charlene reminded me of! It's Charlize! lol
Again.. I dont see the comparison.. Charlize is stunning.. Charlene is attractive
Old 06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

I liked the engagement photo of Prince Albert and Charlene very much. They look happy and relaxed. Charlene looks beautiful in that green dress and he looks dashing. However, I don't understand the ring. How can you tell what shape it is? I looks flat, big, but not shiny. I wonder if it's an antique. I think it was a low key way of announcing the engagement so that the media wouldn't turn this moment into a circus. I'm sure they want to keep it as personal and private as possible. Can you blame them? Of course not. I wish them the best.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
I liked the engagement photo of Prince Albert and Charlene very much. They look happy and relaxed. Charlene looks beautiful in that green dress and he looks dashing. However, I don't understand the ring. How can you tell what shape it is? I looks flat, big, but not shiny. I wonder if it's an antique. I think it was a low key way of announcing the engagement so that the media wouldn't turn this moment into a circus. I'm sure they want to keep it as personal and private as possible. Can you blame them? Of course not. I wish them the best.
He was too air brushed and photoshopped, it looked like the just stuck a younger pic of PA next to Charlene.. I hope that isnt the only pic that will be shown. I would love to see a pic on the staircase in the courtyard.

Guys.. remember that pic of Grace in the 1956 where she wore that cinderalla like gown with the puffy wrap around her shoulders and she is on the staircase.... That was sheer magic.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Courtier

People magazine had a better picture of the ring it is pear shaped with brilliants.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM

Video - Prince Albert of Monaco to wed - The Sydney Morning Herald

hahah...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can we please stop comparing Charlene to Grace? I mean, come on already. Pretty soon we're going have a thread about how Charlene puts mustard on her hamburger and how Grace would not have done that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
He only recently said he wants to concentrate on his career ... which is going to be for another 3 years. I see no sign whatsoever of William wanting to get married.

Well, his father dated Camilla for a long time before they wed...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Sharlene does not have to attempt to step into Princess Grace's shoes. Grace's daughters have to do just that hopefully her grand daughters also. For the past years Grace's daughters have certainly made names for themselves. Charlene's Role Model is her own mother. In due course she should be able to create her own Brand of Ideas to Monaco and the world. Wishing her the support of the world peach.
Sadly, Princess Grace has been gone since 1982. This is a long enough period of time for a new princess to find her own way, make her own mark without having to stand in the shadow of a iconic princess.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In Alberts thread back in 2006 you will find a discussion about Charlene and the interview with Paris Match.

I found the Wikipedia sometime ago this is the source they got the info from someone wrote she swam for the University never that she graduated from it. I'm sure if she had graduated from college she never would have said she was a high school drop out a year later.

This is like saying she was a school teacher when what she did was have a few clinics to teach children to swim. In her interviews she said she bagged groceries in the evening and trained during the day. Its also listed she was a lifeguard which is possible while working with children.

Albert saw her for the first time in 2000 when he handed her flowers at the swimming competition. (see below) The next year same competition he approached her and asked her to go out with him. He gave her his phone number and told her if she ever got back to Monaco to call him. She lost the number and reconnected on New Years Eve 2006. Charlene gave a detailed interview with this information about the first meeting and date.

A quote from her first interview July 1, 2001.
Quote:
The curvaceous swimmer said the 43-year-old prince approached her while she was standing in the food queue at the Tulip Hotel along with swimmers from Sweden and Canada. "He remembered me from the previous year when I won the 50m breaststroke and he had handed me a bunch of flowers," she said.
The first date is mentioned HERE.

If the press can get inserts of the first interview she gave they should be able to get the rest of the information correct.

Post 10
Quote:
PM: The dream (body ??) learnt at the Sydney Olympics Games in 2000. What qualities have you develop to attain your purpose?
CW: Discipline, determination and concentration. I lived, ate, breathed, slept only for my passion. At school, my grades were not much important to me, the sport only counted. When you swim, you think only at the present moment. Even today, I am just like that.
Go back and re-read the old posts and you will find interviews and discussions. Each time she spoke to the press things changed somewhat.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
I think it was a low key way of announcing the engagement so that the media wouldn't turn this moment into a circus. I'm sure they want to keep it as personal and private as possible.
They did well and I don't think the Australian media has shown any interest at all. The seems to have been no announcement here and that days papers were full of news of the Australian PM being stood down and nothing else. It still is!! Poor Al and Charlene don't rate a mention
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Its called Spin City,rarotonga
Why would they spin information that is so easy to verify? If she was enrolled in college it would be easy to get confirmed by the school.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Yes, it is a hard job to be a princess, isn´t it? Nothing can be left to improvisation. No spontaneity in this relationship, nothing out of control. It looks like it is very much calculated. Even her appearance has been changed.
I wonder why being prepared to be a princess has taken so much time and work. It is the simplest job in the world. Hand in awards, pose for photographs, smile, give the correct, predictable, studied answers. Or Charlene is slow at learning, or P.A was undecided.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Being a princess is probably the most difficult job in the world.
Being a princess takes that amount of time, because it is a hard job, Albert was obviously thinking about her becoming his wife a long time ago, else why would she have this training?
Plus whoever this information came from, is probably just jumping on the engagement bandwagon and trying to get a story in there.

Let them be happy.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Nobility

It depends what your perception of hard work is. Having worked with hardened criminals, rapists and drug dealers etc etc etc, I dare say being a princess would suit me down to the ground. As a former Olympian where one requires excessive amounts of self discipline I doubt Charlene needed 4 years prepping.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Being a princess is probably the most difficult job in the world.
Being a princess takes that amount of time, because it is a hard job, Albert was obviously thinking about her becoming his wife a long time ago, else why would she have this training?
Plus whoever this information came from, is probably just jumping on the engagement bandwagon and trying to get a story in there.

Let them be happy.
Amen to that. I am also amazed that all of this preparation was going on for so long without anyone 'spilling the beans' about it. I will admit I have never been completely 'sold' on Charlene but I cannot undestand the level to which so many people seem to want to believe the worst about her or try to twist any little bit of information into something negative. The Prince has made his choice, I trust him to know what sort of person she is better than anyone else, and I wish them nothing but the best good fortune as they go forward together. I think it is admirable that she has put in so much time and effort in preparing herself to be the best princess consort she can be. It is certainly not an easy job and, as has already been seen, her "job" will be even more difficult still because of the endless comparisons to Princess Grace -just as Prince Albert predicted it would be long ago.

Monaco has had a number of French and Italian princess consorts, one Belgian, one British and two American consorts. Now, with Charlene, Monaco will have its first African princess (two "colonials" in a row).

I do hope everything works out for them and that their marriage is a success in every way --I want to hear the guns at Ft Antoine firing again!

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene