The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I just checked ITN and it was in english

For anyone who has missed it
http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//R.../01/RTV524910/

Call me crazy but that's one of the only royal interviews I've ever actually really enjoyed!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the link, ghost_night554. I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

CANADA: Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock share their sporting interests and Olympic dreams

Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

My, my , my! I wouldn't espect this any more! I supposed it should never happened. One never knows people deeply! I've always believed that Prince Albert should die as a single man! I'm relieved and happy. I was wrong and I'm not ashamed to accept it, for I'm so happy with these news that all other feeling about Albert and Charlene are gone by now. I'm just THANKFUL!!!

Vanesa.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

Any close up of the ring?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

CANADA: Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock share their sporting interests and Olympic dreams

Call me crazy but that's one of the only royal interviews I've ever actually really enjoyed!

That is the first and only time I have ever heard Charlene speak...she has a soft, elegant voice and seemed much more poised and articulate(at least in this interview) than Prince Albert...I love her accent!

I can't wait to hear her speak French....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
Hi Jaya. I agree with you. You desrcibe very well CW. It is true that she has a normal background. However she isn't a typically bride like Letizia, Maxima or Mary. She lacks a lot to things. Especially the education.
Of course she can learn and will learn the protocol, French and some necessery knowledge to furfill her duties. I don't envy her because she always wanted to be part of this 'huge buisness'. That is why he has braved
the toughest critisisms. She knew it this her only chance to survive.
Nothing is waiting for her in her home country. Unfortunately she never had income on her own. Maybe she had some money thanksful to her swimming results until 2005. Her job as swimming teacher was occasionally. She has no degree ( she studied some semesters at a college but she didn't finished it), she never had a full time job. She was a quite successful swimmer in her home country but she never was a worldwide acknowlegded athlete. The biggest bless in her life was to meet PA in 2001. She used this oppurtinity to win the sympathy of PA. I don't know that PA loves her but it is sure he likes her. He accepted th facts and situation: he is getting older, he shoud marry to produce legitime heirs
and he finally decided to make this necessery step . Charlene accepted this situation as well she will do her best to furfill her duties. She wanted this position. However she won't be the new Grace. She will be next Princcess Consort of Monaco. Grace is a legend. She doesn't have mistakes, she is a beautiful memory and and can be replaced. Charlene is a woman ,she is human .. she can't complete this facts.

Ps. Maybe I was a little rude, however i think that is my point of view.
I wish them happines. It is sure that Charlene suits PA but she is not who I imagined for this role.
Letizia Ortiz(now CP of Spain) was about as far from being a "typical bride" as it is possible to be. She was the divorced grandaughter of a cab driver who was rumored to be an..gulp..ATHEIST..marrying into one of Royal Europe's most hardcore Catholic families.

Maxima Zorregueta is the daughter of a former Fascist politician so notorious he was banned from attending his own daughter's wedding. She herself was a heavy smoking party girl living la vida loca in New York before she met her Prince.

Neither of these young women was typical Royal bride material and faced controversy and opposition to their marriages. I myself was particularly horrified at CP Felipe's choice of Letizia.

But I was wrong..I have come to like and admire both for their devotion to their husbands, their children and their duties. The crowds at Princess Victoria's wedding went crazy cheering for them.

I think Charlene might surprise some people as well 1
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
And there could be another theory; during Princess Victoria's Wedding Charlene looked sad, on returning home she could have given PA an ULTIMATUM!! it is your guess.
I think so Charlene has given an ULTIMATUM...
Albert and Charlene seemed in no way loving. If Albert had made for her the proposition, there would have been more smiles on behalf of Charlene. Albert seemed more annoyed to be there that to think that he was going to jump the step. Moreover the (conned) photo of the engagement says length about it on the state of mind of Albert. Photoshop [http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mage708400.jpg] a younger and happy face on the photo of engagement... http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...rum/albert.jpg We show us that we want to show us but the reality can be completely different. I wait to see the first video of the "couple" lying on their relation.

Sorry not to be enthusiastic as you all, but I too much observed of people around me to know that there is no love between these both. That all that we show us is forged. The noble family was too often used to (for a long time) playing us " comedia dell' arte ".
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
Albert and Charlene seemed in no way loving. If Albert had made for her the proposition, there would have been more smiles on behalf of Charlene. Albert seemed more annoyed to be there that to think that he was going to jump the step. Moreover the (conned) photo of the engagement says length about it on the state of mind of Albert. Photoshop [http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mage708400.jpg] a younger and happy face on the photo of engagement... http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...rum/albert.jpg We show us that we want to show us but the reality can be completely different. I wait to see the first video of the "couple" lying on their relation.

Sorry not to be enthusiastic as you all, but I too much observed of people around me to know that there is no love between these both. That all that we show us is forged. The noble family was too often used to (for a long time) playing us " comedia dell' arte ".
Ultimatum. Sorry I don't think Charlene isn't (wasn't) in that situation to give an ultimatum:" Decide, we have been dating for more than 4 years. It is absolutely weird how things go on. So marry me or I am going to leave you" It is very risky. Because he could sent her home without engagement.

Ps. What is this feeling or phenomenon between them?If it is not love or sympathy
Old 06-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post

I for one don´t believe in any ultimatum from Charlene. Albert is a man who always does what he wants and I highly doubt he in his age and position would let anyone to give him any ultimatum. I believe that he has got engaged because he wants.
During the Swedish ceremony Charlene didn´t look sad at all to me, but very attentive. She attentively watched the wedding vows, but wasn´t at all sad.
Moreover I read that Albert waited with the engagement announcement after the Swedish wedding not to steal attention from Victoria and Daniel. So I suppose both Albert and Charlene already knew.

And even if she asked him to solve their relationship (I wouldn´t call it ultimatum), if he wasn´t interested in marriage with her and was with her only for public or fun or whatever, it would be very easy for him to say: OK, it is over. There would be many other girls trying their luck on her position.
No, I believe that there is something special in Charlene, and he knows why he decided to share his life with hers.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
I for one don´t believe in any ultimatum from Charlene. Albert is a man who always does what he wants and I highly doubt he in his age and position would let anyone to give him any ultimatum. I believe that he has got engaged because he wants. ...
Agree, he have been withstanding presusure to marry from his father and the entire court (if not princedom) of Moncao for 30 years (not to mention scores of girlfriends) so why would he give in to an ultimatum NOW? unless he loves this girl.

So the theories that a) Albert was pressured into it and b) He don't love Charlene, is incompatibel. One of them could be true (but I don't think so) but both can not be true at the same time.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I too think there is no love between Albert and Charlene. I think Albert is marrying her just for the sake of pleasing everyone, and to produce a legitimate heir to the Monegasque Throne.

He has never shown any interest in getting married at all, for such a long time. I think his engagment to Charlene is just a means to an end.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't have anything against these two people, but I'm just analysing this particular sitation.

Nevertheless, congrats to Albert and the future HSH Princess Charlene, Duchess of Valentinois, Estouteville, Mazarin, Mayenne, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Polignac, Torigni, Ferrette, Belfort, Thann, Rosemont and Longjumeau, Lady of Saint Remy and Isenheim....just to name a few.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

What do you think, does Andrea seem a little less appealing after the Engagement News?

Most of them said He will be Heir to the Throne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
I'm sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I too think there is no love between Albert and Charlene. I think Albert is marrying her just for the sake of pleasing everyone, and to produce a legitimate heir to the Monegasque Throne.

He has never shown any interest in getting married at all, for such a long time. I think his engagment to Charlene is just a means to an end.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't have anything against these two people, but I'm just analysing this particular sitation.

Nevertheless, congrats to Albert and the future HSH Princess Charlene, Duchess of Valentinois, Estouteville, Mazarin, Mayenne, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Polignac, Torigni, Ferrette, Belfort, Thann, Rosemont and Longjumeau, Lady of Saint Remy and Isenheim....just to name a few.

Wow...

Quote:

Thank you.

Charlene looks and sounds promising...
Cute laugh.

And The people of Monaco/Monégasques like Charlene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Sorry, Charlene is beautiful, even young Camilla was no beauty.
Whenever I see Charlene, I always think of Charlize Theron, another South African Beauty.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Congrats to the couple.It was really about time..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why all these negative comments ? Can't they just love each other ?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Commoner

any close up for the ring
Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Courtier

IMO we should close all threats concerning any subject of Charlene and Albert for about six months. All this speculation about an upcoming marriage, children a.s.o. might be a waste of time.....
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Courtier

I'm sorry, speculation about an upcoming marriage? With an official announcement engagement from the palace? That sounds pretty non-speculative to me. Or are you saying that he and Charlene won't make it down the aisle anyway?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can understand about the thread discussing and heir for Albert.
But with an official announcement from the palace, with close this thread and the thread created to discuss pre-wedding news. It isn't speculation, it's kinda been proved that the couple are engaged.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Courtier

I'm so happy for the couple.
Congratulations.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Why all these negative comments ? Can't they just love each other ?

No, that would be too simple. Charlene is clearly a gold digger who pressured poor Albert into proposing so she could be a princess. I mean, just look at them! No love between them at all -- they look photoshopped together. Clearly this was a mistake.

^^People actually believe that, sadly.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple! I hope they will be happy.

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene