The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yes indeed. I was looking at Haakon at the Swedish wedding. He was a cute young man, but he has a handsome gentleman. He is definitely aging well. Plus, with all due respect to Sonja and Margethe, their wives definitely didn't have the same pressure as whoever will marry William/Harry/Albert.
No they don't. I think it has everything to do with the country and the media.
The only places we see this kind of pressure to marry is Monaco and Britain, elsewhere in Europe, the country seems content to let things be and happen when they happen.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

^That's true Lumutqueen! I wonder why?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
^That's true Lumutqueen! I wonder why?
Culture maybe.
Because Monaco is such a glamorous area, they are always looking for something to watch. Plus Albert is 52 and not yet married yet he has 2 kids.
Britain when it comes to royals has always been waiting for the heir to marry. I think most likely because they need to watch some pomp and circumstance. The British press are like no other in the world in my opinion, they will not rest until they have got what they want, then they find new prey to hunt.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Well...I am not familiar with the citizens of Monaco...but are they pressuring Albert to get married? Honestly, I never got that impression. I know the French tabloids have an interest in the Monaco Royal Family but I never got the feeling that it was that intense in Monaco.

I read some of the British press and quite honestly, it appears that they love building people up to tear them down. Or at least beating a story to death. And this happens in the US as well.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
So far I haven´t noticed anyone from Monaco commenting, it would be interesting to hear from them.
Hibou pretty well says what the word on the street is. There are however, those who will state on camera their best wishes but not off. I saw it coming myself in May when she was standing with the trio at the Grand Prix.

Good one Ssefra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think it's a sad day for Monaco. No Charlene is not Grace and never will be. She is a piece of work, not a work in progress. She has no class, no education, no style (sorry Armani but you can dress them up but you can't take them out - except if you are Albert). All I can say is she brings nothing to the table. Albert has a penchant for Vegas and now he's going to marry it. Ending on a positive note, years ago a poster named Ssefra who was mocked was only off by two months on her predictions. Well done Ssefra!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Majesty

I would not want to marry into the British Royal family for all the tea in China...the tabloids are unbelievably vicious. They pressured Prince Charles to marry Lady Diana, then almost gleefully turned on him...unfairly comparing his popularity with hers...insinuating that he was an old fashioned fuddy-duddy etc. I see the same pressure being put on Prince William now.

The upside to being a commoner and marrying into a Royal House? Your future, and the future of your children, is assured. You will inhabit beautiful castles and palaces steeped in centuries of history and tradition. Designers will compete to have you wear their clothing, and you will inherit/wear some of the most amazing "bling" on the planet.(See the thread dedicated to Crown Jewels of Royal House of Sweden/Bernadotte...my GOD!!)

The downside is that you will be subjected to sniping and criticism on a grand scale..your suitability, accomplishments(or lack thereof) the subject of limitless commentary on the blogosphere and in the Press. Your past..particulary your past love life..is considered everyone's business and God forbid if you were careless enough not to have had a stellar academic record in school, or if you sowed a few wild oats in your youth! No eccentric family or potentially embarrassing family members please...and ladies you had better make sure that you have a problem free gynecological history and can breed pronto!

And don't forget...your life, and your time will never ever belong to you again.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Well it is about time for Albert to marry actually overdue. She will do it is only Monaco and though I am a Grace-a-phile I don't think any of of her children have lived up to her high standards but as a royalist I am excited that another wedding is just around the corner and indeed who will attend certainly not the high turnout of last weekend that is for sure. But good luck to her the ring is HUGE the dress lovely good start.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I would not want to marry into the British Royal family for all the tea in China...the tabloids are unbelievably vicious. They pressured Prince Charles to marry Lady Diana, then almost gleefully turned on him...unfairly comparing his popularity with hers...insinuating that he was an old fashioned fuddy-duddy etc. I see the same pressure being put on Prince William now.

The upside to being a commoner and marrying into a Royal House? Your future, and the future of your children, is assured. You will inhabit beautiful castles and palaces steeped in centuries of history and tradition. Designers will compete to have you wear their clothing, and you will inherit/wear some of the amazing "bling" on the planet.(See the thread dedicated to Crown Jewels of Royal House of Sweden/Bernadotte...my GOD!!)

The downside is that you will be subjected to sniping and criticism on a grand scale..your suitability, accomplishments(or lack thereof) the subject of limitless commentary on the blogosphere and in the Press. Your past..particulary your past love life..is considered everyone's business and God forbid if you were careless enough not to have had a stellar academic record in school, or if you sowed a few wild oats in your youth! No eccentric family or potentially embarrassing family members please...and ladies you had better make sure that you have a problem free gynecological history and can breed pronto!

And don't forget...your life, and your time will never ever belong to you again.
yeah but charlene is not marrying into a royal familly like england but monaco they not that imporant sorry to say after the few months of married no one whould care about them they will fade away all else she birth a heir if not people will care less about them just another boring couple as always nothing change p.s i ask my friend i visted in monaco how they feel they told me this is just show and tell because they are not sure if he doing it for love or to escape the pressure of the economic down fall in Monaco and they also tell me they might be be something more than told .... p.s don't shoot the messager.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Nobility

The Link about his engagment and wedding date on yahoo!
Monaco's Prince Albert sees summer 2011 wedding - Yahoo! News
He told Nice-Martin that the "Monagesque population was waiting for this moment"
Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Not only the monegasque people, but everyone here in the forum too!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, you have a point - Monaco is the world's second smallest state!

And the Principality only came about through the actions of a few strong-armed men.

But the status quo is here and won't go away. Monaco, I believe, has the largest income per capita in the world. PA is right to bring back some glamour back into Monaco, even if it's through a wedding. Let them get on with it, I think.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyansaunt20 View Post
The Link about his engagment and wedding date on yahoo!
Monaco's Prince Albert sees summer 2011 wedding - Yahoo! News
He told Nice-Martin that the "Monagesque population was waiting for this moment"
yes they were waiting but does he know how they feel i am no party blooper not everyone feel the joy some people are still out of word because he has denies this now he is ready at the state of economic down fall and people are in doubt nothing against her but some people feel something is off and this is his sweet escape for it all i have to agree with them because if everything in Monaco was ruining smoothly with good leadership with he have..... p.s like i said i have nothing against Charlene is just i would hate for another girl life to be ruin by another man ego....
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Wedding will be glamourous. But couple not.. Does anyone know how CW's parents react the engagement news? or the people in South Africa?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
Wedding will be glamourous. But couple not.. Does anyone know how CW's parents react the engagement news? or the people in South Africa?
Yup. From People
Quote:
The bride's father Michael Wittstock told the Star that Prince Albert telephoned him on Tuesday afternoon (just prior to the decisive South Africa-France match) to ask his blessing.

"He called me just before kick-off, and I wanted to get the whole thing over and done with," the computer-business operator joked, describing the prince as "a nice chap" and their relationship as being on a "friendly basis."

Speaking to the Citizen, the bride's mother, Lynette Wittstock, a former competitive diver, said she was "thrilled … I am ecstatic my daughter is finally getting hitched. My family is happy, we like him very much."
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Protocol demands that they don't. They must leave at least six months between announcing their engagement and their wedding day. Which effectively rules out any chance of Charlene being pregnant, as I've heard others say. Though the Grimaldis have never been sticklers for protocol.
I read that 6 month rule too, but Rainier and Grace announced at Christmas time and were married in April. Only 4 months.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisscess of may View Post
i would hate for another girl life to be ruin by another man ego....
And how do you know that... if I may ask?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
It looks like its official folks!

Albert is engaged to Charlene!
Wow! Unlike many, I was not expecting this! But I am happy for them and I think Charlene will do her best to fit her new role. I think it was great of them to wait until after Victoria's wedding to announce their engagement.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Commoner

Finally Albert is tying the knot. Congratulations
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Majesty

charlene's ring is rather impressive! i wonder if they released info on it (who made it, material) or if we will see it in the press conference.

i wonder if albert's children will attend the wedding...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Her ring is by Maison Repossi, a french jewelry designer. It is set in gray gold and the stone is pear shaped embellished with round diamond brilliants. This is what people magazine says.

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene