The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Serene Highness

Ops. I just read more carefully captions under pics posted by Nadine. It says that Albert, Caro and Alexandra are posing at balcony because of celebration of St. Jean day.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know about that. Some older men are very attractive without being princes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
This is what it is for her, a job. She wouldn´t have "looked" a man who doubles her age, if he were not a prince.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
This is what it is for her, a job. She wouldn´t have "looked" a man who doubles her age, if he were not a prince.
That's ridiculous, imo.
You have no idea how Charlene feels about the Prince.
But I don't think she is so heartless to just look at him for a job.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

In an interview with the french newspaper Nice Matin, prince Albert says that the wedding will be next summer!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Ooh! that means we have quite some time to go how exciting!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Gentry

After almost 28 years Moanco gets a new Princess, Her Serene Higness The Princess Charlene of Monaco... I'm very happy for Prince Albert and Charlene and I wish them all the best for a long and happy life together! And yes Charlene will be compared to Princess Grace, but I hope that everyone who does so will remember how unique Princess Grace was and that there will never, never be another Princess Grace! And that it's now Charlene's turn to shine... When I watched Charlene at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel I thought Oh my God, she IS the new Princess of Monaco! And here we are just a few days later... Princess Grace will never be forgotten and will live on in the hearts of all those who love her, but this is the dawn of a new era for Monaco. I don't think we will have to wait all that long for the wedding, the Grimaldi's are not known for their long engagements...
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
In an interview with the french newspaper Nice Matin, prince Albert says that the wedding will be next summer!
You mean 2011!!!!!!.. why?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Nadine, thank you for posting the balcony photos. I LOVE to see Caroline smiling and happy...her entire face lights up! Far from being mopey and withdrawn over her marital woes, she seems rejuvenated back in Monaco.

The Monegasques seem excited and pleased with the news of the engagement!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Many congratulations to the couple, and best wishes.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Commoner

finally! congratulations
Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
You mean 2011!!!!!!.. why?
Yes summer 2011 I guess organizing a royal wedding is a lot of work so one year is not too much to do a beautiful ceremony and party!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The Nice-Matin interview:

Albert II: "Le mariage aura lieu durant l'été 2011" | nicematin.com

Main points: They have to wait at least six months from engagement to marriage.

The wedding is next summer - 2011.

PA says that her interests are humanitarian, especially regarding children.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Yes summer 2011 I guess organizing a royal wedding is a lot of work so one year is not too much to do a beautiful ceremony and party!
It is, the Swedish court had been preparing for 18 months for VnD's (yes they started before the officall engagment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I don´t think it´ll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isn´t really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle ...
They are only a princiapallity afterall so I don't think there will be many Kings and Queens, but I think most if not all European Royal house will be repressented and most probably be the heir.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco's Prince Albert to marry girlfriend Charlene Wittstock | Mail Online (23/06/2010).

http://www.news-de-stars.com/albert-..._art34418.html
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Courtier

So far I haven´t noticed anyone from Monaco commenting, it would be interesting to hear from them.
As janB said, they are not royal, it is a Pricipality and they are Serene Highnesses and if anyone royal goes to the wedding I should imagine it will be out of friendshi for them.
Actually when I think about it one doesn´t often see them with any real royals, but then it just might be I haven´t noticed. The Rose Ball pictures are something I look forward to seeing but the guests seem to be mainly rich American friends.
I am afraid I find I must agree with Ms Pringle, but I am sure that Charlene is overjoyed and I hope she will be happy, then again I should think most people would be happy to be able to call Monaco (and the palace) home.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

It's worth watching "Monaco Info en ligne - Monaco Info online". I'm just watching the 12.00h programme with lots of PA/CW stuff, and the reactions of local people.

It's a rolling programme, with news on the hour, and has a full-screen option - and it's from the Monaco Government.

Accueil*>*Monaco Info en ligne(Fr)
Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Something tells me Albert and Charlene may not make it to the altar...or it will be a really, really long engagement...
God forbid!!! and besides, I don't think they will stop or turn back after all this time. Yes, I know Madeleine and Jonas did break their engagement off, but as we all know now that is a whole different story. I guess, Albert wants to have a normal family now and besides they already said that there will be a wedding in summer 2011.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Summer 2011 ???? I can't believe these long engagements.... after all they have a lot of people to organize it !
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Commoner

Congratulations!! I'm very happy and wish them all the best!!
I'm really looking forward to another royal wedding soon!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Courtier

I read that it is tradition, that they have to wait 6 months, after the engagement.

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene