Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean 2011!!!!!!.. why?
Yes summer 2011:flowers: I guess organizing a royal wedding is a lot of work so one year is not too much to do a beautiful ceremony and party!

Yes summer 2011:flowers: I guess organizing a royal wedding is a lot of work so one year is not too much to do a beautiful ceremony and party!
It is, the Swedish court had been preparing for 18 months for VnD's (yes they started before the officall engagment).

I don´t think it´ll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isn´t really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle ...
They are only a princiapallity afterall so I don't think there will be many Kings and Queens, but I think most if not all European Royal house will be repressented and most probably be the heir.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I haven´t noticed anyone from Monaco commenting, it would be interesting to hear from them.
As janB said, they are not royal, it is a Pricipality and they are Serene Highnesses and if anyone royal goes to the wedding I should imagine it will be out of friendshi for them.
Actually when I think about it one doesn´t often see them with any real royals, but then it just might be I haven´t noticed. The Rose Ball pictures are something I look forward to seeing but the guests seem to be mainly rich American friends.
I am afraid I find I must agree with Ms Pringle, but I am sure that Charlene is overjoyed and I hope she will be happy, then again I should think most people would be happy to be able to call Monaco (and the palace) home.

It's worth watching "Monaco Info en ligne - Monaco Info online". I'm just watching the 12.00h programme with lots of PA/CW stuff, and the reactions of local people.

It's a rolling programme, with news on the hour, and has a full-screen option - and it's from the Monaco Government.

Accueil > Monaco Info en ligne(Fr)

Something tells me Albert and Charlene may not make it to the altar...or it will be a really, really long engagement...:unsure:
God forbid!!! and besides, I don't think they will stop or turn back after all this time. Yes, I know Madeleine and Jonas did break their engagement off, but as we all know now that is a whole different story. I guess, Albert wants to have a normal family now and besides they already said that there will be a wedding in summer 2011. :flowers:

Summer 2011 ???? I can't believe these long engagements.... after all they have a lot of people to organize it !

Congratulations!! I'm very happy and wish them all the best!!:flowers:
I'm really looking forward to another royal wedding soon! :flowers:

I read that it is tradition, that they have to wait 6 months, after the engagement.

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo happy for them!

on Nice Matin to day, there is an interview of PA, and under this article, there is a vidéo on the local peoples who are enjoyed and who congratulet the prince and Charlene and who say that she will be a beautiful princess

Finally the man got the courage to put up an act of decency towards Ms Wittstock... on the other hand... i would'nt put much faith in this marrige to happen. Last but not least, i feel so sorry for P. Caroline. After almost 30 years of hard work, being put aside and having to give her place to another woman, must be very difficult.

There's a further engagement photo on the Nice Matin web site (pic 2) - but it doesn't show the ring.

Nice Matin

Finally the man got the courage to put up an act of decency towards Ms Wittstock... on the other hand... i would'nt put much faith in this marrige to happen. Last but not least, i feel so sorry for P. Caroline. After almost 30 years of hard work, being put aside and having to give her place to another woman, must be very difficult.

Caroline knew from a early age this was bound to happen. Caroline will not be pushed aside her status is written in stone in Monaco. I hope she will become a mentor to the new future princess.

I think the engagement announcement is a bit weird. They did everything backwards. CW has already been " presented " in Monaco society. She already traveled abroad with PA to official events. She has been featured on magazine covers its almost like they have already been married that is why I think that there wasnt no media blitz for the announcement. In Philadelphia I havent even heard it being mentioned.

Since they put all protocol aside anyway they could get married next month if they wanted to

Will Charlene change her name? Like Grace Kelly changed it to Gracia Patricia?

Caroline knew from a early age this was bound to happen. Caroline will not be pushed aside her status is written in stone in Monaco. I hope she will become a mentor to the new future princess.

I think the engagement announcement is a bit weird. They did everything backwards. CW has already been " presented " in Monaco society. She already traveled abroad with PA to official events. She has been featured on magazine covers its almost like they have already been married that is why I think that there wasnt no media blitz for the announcement. In Philadelphia I havent even heard it being mentioned.

Since they put all protocol aside anyway they could get married next month if they wanted to

The Philadelphia Inquirer ran the AP story on page 9 or 10 of the "A" section ... no side bars with Chris LeVine or any other of the Kelly cousins. Why? Because Philadelphians see right through the shallowness of this match.

a year isnt really lomg..before you know it..this year will be over and next summer will already be here....

Well, if they waited like 6 years, one more year won't be really that much, I guess.

Congratulations to Pr Albert and Charlene Wittstock. Another royal wedding to look forward to. He did the gentlemanly thing and asked her parents' permission while they were in South Africa for the opening of the World Cup.

The pics of Albert, Caroline and Alexandra were not in celebration of the engagement but it was an official event they attended together. It's sad that some of the posters cannot wish this couple well and already see doom and gloom. If you are upset about this match, don't like the lady then kindly stay away from this thread.

The Philadelphia Inquirer ran the AP story on page 9 or 10 of the "A" section ... no side bars with Chris LeVine or any other of the Kelly cousins. Why? Because Philadelphians see right through the shallowness of this match.

You got all that from the location of the wedding announcement in the Philadelphia Inquirer?

How about:

1) There is a lot going on in the US and the world right now, and in terms of relevance the engagement is not ranking high on anybody's list. Not because of who is getting married

2) Albert is not from Philadelphia. Grace has been dead for over 20 years and while some in Philadelphia remember her, a lot of people don't. She hadn't lived in Philadelphia for at least 20 years prior to her death.

Let's not make assumptions and speak for a city.

I had sort of been wondering what was in the works here. Mostly, I have been wondering because there seemed to have been no effort to bring Caroline's son Andrea, the presumed heir after Caroline, into the business of the family firm. At his age, it would be about time to being preparing him for his role (and starting with a decent haircut, IMO.)

However, it now seems apparent that this was a slow but steady progression on the part of Albert and the government to pave the way for a natural born heir of Albert to come into the situation. To have married in haste right after his father's death would have been unseemly, especially since it coincided with the revelation that Albert had fathered another illegitimate child. Since Charlene and Albert were dating at the time that the child was born, it would seem to me that Charlene might have cause for pause in moving forward with a relationship. It may have been that the confluence of those events caused a serious re-evaluation of "who and what are we," and the decision was reached that it (marriage) was a goal to work toward. The time for dilantante-ish-ness was past.

This appears to me to be a serious, well-thought-out situation in which the first rush of romance and fairytales have given way to sincere partnering. Given how much polish Charlene has gained over the past three years in particular, it seems that both of them are putting their best foot forward. Clearly, she has seen the best and the worst of times with Albert, and he has been able to observe whether she can adapt to situations or if she has no growth or maturity apparent.

It's a rational decision by two people who have seen life in many forms and have decided that together is better than apart.

Good for them both, I say.

Last edited:
You got all that from the location of the wedding announcement in the Philadelphia Inquirer?

How about:

1) There is a lot going on in the US and the world right now, and in terms of relevance the engagement is not ranking high on anybody's list. Not because of who is getting married

2) Albert is not from Philadelphia. Grace has been dead for over 20 years and while some in Philadelphia remember her, a lot of people don't. She hadn't lived in Philadelphia for at least 20 years prior to her death.

Let's not make assumptions and speak for a city.

I live here and know that the "Kelly-Grimaldi" family is widely covered ... even if someone sneezes.

Andrea has been being prepared for a government role since high school. He is currently interning at the Qatar Embassy. I wonder why they made him go through all of that if he isn't going to be made the future ruler. Maybe he wanted a government role anyway.

Both PG and PC said their state weddings were horrifying. I am wondering if PA is purposely trying to keep things low-key. Is seems Sweden tried to do the same thing by not allowing world-wide tv coverage of the wedding. I think US coverage on top of European coverage is too overwhelming for little Monaco.

The front page of one of our daily newspapers has covered the engagement (The Star). The article doesn't give any more details except that Prince Albert called Michael Wittstock on Tuesday just before the kick off of Bafana Bafana's final World Cup round and asked him for his blessing to put the ring on her finger.

The article states that the wedding is set to take in about six months.

The Star - Thursday 24 June 2010 - Nontobeko Mtshali, Jamey Keaten & Angela Charlton, Photos: Reuters
(www.thestar.co.za)

(I am sure the local newspaper Benoni City Times will have an article but that will only be out next Wednesday/Thursday)

Caroline is a big girl. There is nothing to pity imo. I doubt she would want pity. If she expects pity for this, then she isn't worth the respect I've always given her. She's no cry baby and she ain't being shunted aside by anyone. What, Albert can't get married because his big sister has to be the "first lady" of Monaco? :ermm:

BTW, I HATE CW's ring. :lol:

Andrea has been being prepared for a government role since high school. He is currently interning at the Qatar Embassy. I wonder why they made him go through all of that if he isn't going to be made the future ruler. Maybe he wanted a government role anyway.

Maybe he will be the Prince. As i commented in the Albert and Charlene's heir thread before, he is still the heir until Albert fathers a child while married to Charlene.
What if they get married, but Albert wants Andrea to be his heir?
I've been thinking that he might be getting married for love, sure, but also to stop all the pressure he is being under since a lot time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom