Christening of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: May 10, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana Polignac Nigra, P. Jacques's godmother told portuguese magazine Caras that P. Albert himself invited her to be Jacques's godmother ( over a simple telephone call ), an invitation she immediately accepted with much joy, pride and tenderness. Also according to miss Nigra, this invitation was an attempt to keep a family tradition since Prince Pierre ( Albert's grandfather ) was the godfather of miss Nigra's oncle ( Henrique ) and Prince Louis ( miss Nigra grandmother's brother ) was P. Albert's godfather. So... All in the family...

The Prince de Monaco and Dona Diane de Polignac Nigra share the same ancestor of 6 generations ago:

Charles Marie Thomas Etienne Georges, Marquis de Polignac (1824-1881)
x Caroline Joséphine Lénormand de Morando (1824-1883)
=
Melchior Jules Marie Guy, Marquis de Polignac (1852-1901)

Melchior Jules Marie Guy, Marquis de Polignac (1852-1901)
x Jeanne Alexandrine Louise Pommery (1857-1922)
= Diane Marie Joséphine Louise de Polignac (1882-1974)

Diane Marie Joséphine Louise de Polignac (1882-1974)
x Henri Joseph Marie Prince de Polignac (1878-1915)
= Thérèse-Henriette Marie Diane Céline Odette de Polignac (1916)

Thérèse-Henriette Marie Diane Céline Odette de Polignac (1916)
x Dom Pedro d'Assise Mascarenhas de Barros (1916-1965)
= Dona Diana Isabel de Polignac Mascarenhas de Barros (1954)

Dona Diana Isabel de Polignac Mascarhenas de Barros (1954)
x Dom Carlo Augusto Nigra, Conde Nigra (1954-1998)
= Dona Diana Verónica de Polignac Nigra (1980)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Marie Thomas Etienne Georges, Marquis de Polignac (1824-1881)
x Caroline Joséphine Lénormand de Morando (1824-1883)
= Maxence Melchior Edouard Marie, Comte de Polignac (1857-1936)

Maxence Melchior Edouard Marie, Comte de Polignac (1857-28 Nov 1936)
x Suzanne de la Torre y Mier (1858-1913)
= Pierre Marie Xavier Raphaël Antoine Melchior, Comte de Polignac (1895-1964)

Pierre Marie Xavier Raphaël Antoine Melchior, Comte de Polignac, created Prince de Monaco, created Duc de Valentinois (1895-1964)
x Charlotte Louise Juliette Princesse de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois (1898-1977)
= Rainier III Louis Henri Maxence Bertrand, Prince de Monaco (1923-2005)

Rainier III Louis Henri Maxence Bertrand, Prince de Monaco (1923-2005)
x Grace Patricia Kelly (1929-1982)
= Albert II Alexandre Louis Pierre, Prince de Monaco (1958)

Albert II Alexandre Louis Pierre, Prince de Monaco (1958)
x Charlene Lynette Wittstock (1978)
= Gabriella Thérèse Marie, Princesse de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès (2014)
= Jacques Honoré Rainier, Prince de Monaco, Marquis des Baux (2014)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Charlene will want to take the twins over to South Africa later this year. In 2-3 months from now they should be big enough to travel a far distance and I'm sure that she'll be dying to show them off to her extended friends and family there. I know Mary has had her kids over to Australia several times and Maxima's have often been to Argentina but I'm not sure how young they all were when they first went.

Maxima took Amalia as an infant to Argentina and the other girls as well when they were toddlers.

Oh, i think i found the reason why Charlotte did not attend her cousins's Christening. According to magazine Semana Charlotte and Raphaël ( by the way, i discovered that Raphaël is one of Prince Pierre de Polignac's - Charlotte's great grandfather - middle names... ) were in Thailand with Gad who is there working in a new movie called Pattaya. Apparentely Gad plays the role of a shaolin monk...

That video is beautiful what a happy couple. The change in Charlene is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Still not official photos... I was convinced they would release one or two... if you click on the link provided by the palais princier youill find old photos of the 3 simblings's baptism...I am inclined to think thye will include Jacques and Gabriella too, because it doesn't make sense otherwise

Palais Princier de Monaco

Last edited:
I don't know if it has already been posted, but as I assumed, the palace uploaded some photos... I will not define them as official though, since they are pretty well pics of the ceremony... Only the one with the godparents is official IMO
Palais Princier de Monaco

Last edited:
We saw the couple posing with Mgr Barsi and the god parents many times, the repoter who commented the cermony said that there were the official photos and there would be other photos at the entry of cathedrale with all the families ( Wittstock, Kelly , Casiraghi and Ducruet, i don't see something special about the photos published by the palace. The palace was late , the newspapers already published some photos but there are news photos on the panorama of the christening on the official page of the palace and on the site of the palace as the beautiful photos of prince Albert and gabriella from above on the fb and the photo of Gabriella looking her daddy on the site of the palace

That video is beautiful what a happy couple. The change in Charlene is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I so agree. It was all so beautiful, elegant, and moving. Everyone was so full of joy. I am in a happy mood just watching it!:)

Who (what is the title) of the very short priest who seemed to "manage" everything and also got all the kisses from arriving guests. :)

Thanks, melina p. Nice little interview with Gareth there, he sounds like a really nice guy. Lovely scenes with the couple as well, holding hands as usual. And P Charlene hugging the little girl...so sweet.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

What a sweet video! such a happy family . . . :)

Who (what is the title) of the very short priest who seemed to "manage" everything and also got all the kisses from arriving guests. :)

He is Father Penzo,Palace chaplain of Palais Princier..he's been with the princely family since the 80's and has baptised all the Casiraghi children.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=93275820150510christening5.jpg

Lynette Wittstick is still a very attractive lady despite being in her mid 50s.Definitely one of the best dressed.

Jazmin Grace is in Monaco too.Saw a pic of her with Camille in her insta.She must've met the twins already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures of Caroline on the current issues of Hola and Semana. Interesting that they chose to make her the cover star.

Yes, Lynette Wittstock is a very elegant lady.
I am not surprised that Jazmin Grace is in Monaco, there is a good relation between Charlene and her, it is nice if she could see the babies.

He is Father Penzo,Palace chaplain of Palais Princier..he's been with the princely family since the 80's and has baptised all the Casiraghi children.

He is not the palace chaplain, that is the Archbishop himself. M le Chanoine (Canon) César Penzo is the notary and the archivist of the Diocese of Monaco and serves as ceremoniarius at important liturgical events.

The Archbishop of Monaco, Mgr Bernard Barsi, is also the so-called grand-aumônier du palais princier. He acts as the chaplain to the princely family and is the one to give communion to the Prince and "does" princely baptisms, marriages and funerals. He also acts as pénitencier (hearing the confessions) of the princely family.

:flowers:

Last edited:
He is not the palace chaplain, that is the Archbishop himself. M le Chanoine (Canon) César Penzo is the notary and the archivist of the Diocese of Monaco and serves as ceremoniarius at important liturgical events.

The Archbishop of Monaco, Mgr Bernard Barsi, is also the so-called grand-aumônier du palais princier. He acts as the chaplain to the princely family and is the one to give communion to the Prince and "does" princely baptisms, marriages and funerals. He also acts as pénitencier (hearing the confessions) of the princely family.

:flowers:

Father Penzo was the one who had baptised the Casiraghis and the grandchildren of Princess Antoinette at the Palatine Chapel,tthere are pictures to proved.Barsi is the GRAND chaplain but Penzo is also a chaplain and is being refered as such.

http:// http://royalcorrespondent.com/2011/10/07/h-s-h-princess-charlene-of-monaco-an-article-about-the-princess-and-her-family-in-la-turbie/

Last edited:
César Penzo seemed ever so keen on the babies and dotted on them enormously during the christerning, i seem to remember... :)

Father Penzo is the chaplain of the palace, He is very near of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene, last sunday, He was Under the charm of the babies..everybody in Monaco knows him
He is borm at Roma in Italia , he has a lot of humour.

I think Charlene's gloves are the same ones she wore to William and Kate's wedding.

:previous:I agree, I think those are the same gloves. She looked perfectly beautiful at the William/Kate wedding, imo.

Back
Top Bottom