Christening of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: May 10, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlene is glowing -motherhood is the making of her, absolutely.

Those nannys are so creepy, same stewardess outfits, same hairstyle???

Last edited by a moderator:
Diane de Polignac nigra...what a beautiful lady for godmother...Caroline is shown in old pictures at her marriage.. i think they have the same age..what a joyful day..

The ceremony was lovely. It was nice to see Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie with their children attending it.

I wonder if some official pictures will be taken in the Palace and released later today.The twins might be wearing their Order in them.

I think only the Swedes do it with a fancy miniature Order. In most other Orders the decorations are worn when the Princes or Princesses are 18 years old. For an example: children of the King of the Netherlands and of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg are automatically Knight in the Order of the Golden Lion of Nassau (the Order is shared by both Houses of Nassau). The Princes and Princesses of both Houses however are never seen with the Order until the age of 18. Most likely this is the same with the monegasque Order. I have never seen pictures of petite Albert, Caroline or Rainier with an Order.

Those nannys are so creepy, same stewardess outfits, same hairstyle???

Just a traditional formal dress for nannies/governesses?

the pictures of jacques and gabriella playing together are just precious.

I agree. I think that these photos will be treasured by the whole family throughout all their life.

I think only the Swedes do it with a fancy miniature Order. In most other Orders the decorations are worn when the Princes or Princesses are 18 years old. For an example: children of the King of the Netherlands and of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg are automatically Knight in the Order of the Golden Lion of Nassau (the Order is shared by both Houses of Nassau). The Princes and Princesses of both Houses however are never seen with the Order until the age of 18. Most likely this is the same with the monegasque Order. I have never seen pictures of petite Albert, Caroline or Rainier with an Order.

If you look at some old pics of Albert's christening there are ones of him wearing the tiny sash of a Knight Grand Cross if the Order of Grimaldi.

PPE

PPE Agency

The Ceremony was beautiful and the cathedral choir did a splendid job as always,Princess Charlene was radiant and so happy looking.

Oh, what a perfect occasion this was for the Princely couple and Monaco. Just everything was perfect: from the sunny day, the crowds showing up, to P Albert and P Charlene's obvious pride and joy and the twins' absolutely priceless interaction after the ceremony!! I liked that all of P Charlene's family attended, a pity that Gad, Charlotte and Tatiana were not present.

Moonmaiden23, you captured what I want to say perfectly. P Charlene not only looked elegant as ever, but she radiates a new joy, peace and confidence that is obvious to see.

I think that Monaco is entering a new era with a happy and popular Princely couple who are passionate and focused, and now a new generation who has already captured so many hearts. They were just perfect on their first "performance", and their interaction was truly priceless.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.

Her babies, including the Heir to the Throne, were being formally received into the Church and the family of God during a Pontifical High Mass in the Cathedral.

This was as proper a time as any for the Princess Consort of Monaco to wear her Order(s).

Her babies, including the Heir to the Throne, were being formally received into the Church and the family of God during a Pontifical High Mass in the Cathedral.

This was as proper a time as any for the Princess Consort of Monaco to wear her Order(s).

I agree but in that case the protocol should have been the same across the board with everyone else, including Caroline and Stephanie, wearing their Order medals as well.

Well, here go my impressions of the day... I hadn't the opportunity to watch the ceremony live so i'll comment what i've seen so far in a replay. The day seemed perfect: sunny and splendorous. The ladies were stunning, what a display of elegance. Even P. Charlene, who i don't usually find specially elegant, looked radiant today ( and, Amazing Grace, for the first time i managed to see a spark of an emotion in her face ). Charlotte's absence was injustifiable and unexcusable - contrary to Tatiana's. I loved seeing Andrea doing the first reading. As for the babies, oh the babies... two beautiful, healthy, curious about the world little creatures, Jacques taking so much after his mother and Gabriella with the Grimaldi's pout... I'd say that, in the overall, this was quite an happy day for the Grimaldi family and i'm quite happy for it!!!

The whole day was pure elegance and happiness and what a triumph for the Princess over her haters. The nasty forum board, which I'm sure many people here are familiar with, just don't know what to say anymore. I had a peek at it today and in their fury at Charlene becoming a mother of two beautiful children they have now resorted to insulting the babies themselves. It's pathetic and shows how sad and frustrated these people are. Vive the Princely family!

:previous:I agree 100% angela, Vive la Famille Princier!:ROFLMAO:

Tough luck to those "others"!;)

Aw the babies are too cute, especially Gabriella, she is truly beautiful and will become a great beauty when older I m sure. I felt in love with her cute face

Last edited:
The Ceremony was beautiful and the cathedral choir did a splendid job as always,Princess Charlene was radiant and so happy looking.

The Cathedral Choir of Monaco rivals any at the Vatican itself, imo. Their sung Masses are always glorious in Monaco.

The special Hymn they always sing for the Sovereign at the end of the ceremony is so beautiful.

Aw the babies are too cute, especially Gabriella, she is truly beautiful and will become a great beauty when older I m sure. I felt in love with her cute face
I saw that, too. :flowers: They are twins but there is a difference. Gabriella definitely had a very beautiful quality to her presence when she was being baptized. One senses she will be a beauty. Jacques was the alert looking-about boy. ;)

Last edited:
I honestly thought the Wittstocks looked more polished than the Grimaldis today, very well put together and on point.

I really enjoyed the walkabout through the streets surrounding the cathedral,the nuns and the lady with them seemed to have been thrilled to meet the Prince and Princess.

Was Baroness Elisabeth de Massy and her daughter Melanie present today?
I might have missed them in the various photo posted.

It was a pity, though, that there was no appearance of the family at the palace balcony as it happened when P. Caroline and P. Albert where baptised... It would have been lovely if the Princely Couple had shared a toast to the Princely Children with the monegasques...

On Noblesse et Royautes site it states that children and grandchildren of late Princess Antoinette were present too.

I watched most of the ceremony, and I thought it was lovely. There was quite a large turnout, particularly for a christening (but then again, a royal christening is perhaps a bit different, I seem to remember there were quite a lot of guests at both Princesses Estelle and Leonore of Sweden's christenings). It was lovely to see how happy Charlene looked with Albert, besides from their wedding and the twin's presentation, this is the happiest I've seen them together.

Both the twins are so adorable, I love how bald they are! :wub: The video of the interactions between the twins posted on another thread is too cute for words. I love how active Jacques seemed to be, and he seems to love Gabriella very much.
I think the bond between twins is something a bit special - of course the bond between "normal" siblings is also special, but there's something a bit more about the bond between twins IMO. There are twins who go to my church who are just starting secondary school in September, and they are saddened that they will have to part from each other as they are going to different schools and it'll be the longest time they've been away from each other.

Who were the little children at the front in the group photo with the woman in the black and white striped dress? Are they part of the de Massy family? I haven't seen them before.

I honestly thought the Wittstocks looked more polished than the Grimaldis today, very well put together and on point.

I agree completely, Charlene's family were beautifully and elegantly dressed.

It was a pity, though, that there was no appearance of the family at the palace balcony as it happened when P. Caroline and P. Albert where baptised... It would have been lovely if the Princely Couple had shared a toast to the Princely Children with the monegasques...

I was hoping to see that too! But maybe Albert and Charlene felt that the twins might be too tired and didn't want to overdo it. It was a big day for them!;)

There will be a cocktail on july 11th when the monegash people will offer the gift to the twins for their birth, it will be at the celebrations of the birthday of the 10 years of reign of Prince Albert . it will be only with monegash people.
now there are more monegash people than in 1956 or in 1958 for the christening of Caroline and Albert, they could enter in the palace at that times, now they will have the coctail on the place of the palace and they will share a toast with the people of Monaco

Well, here go my impressions of the day... I hadn't the opportunity to watch the ceremony live so i'll comment what i've seen so far in a replay. The day seemed perfect: sunny and splendorous. The ladies were stunning, what a display of elegance. Even P. Charlene, who i don't usually find specially elegant, looked radiant today ( and, Amazing Grace, for the first time i managed to see a spark of an emotion in her face ). Charlotte's absence was injustifiable and unexcusable - contrary to Tatiana's. I loved seeing Andrea doing the first reading. As for the babies, oh the babies... two beautiful, healthy, curious about the world little creatures, Jacques taking so much after his mother and Gabriella with the Grimaldi's pout... I'd say that, in the overall, this was quite an happy day for the Grimaldi family and i'm quite happy for it!!!

(...) This would be a major event in the Monaco calendar and one which Charlotte most definitely would be expected to be at. It would have to be illness that kept her from attending. (...)

Back
Top Bottom