Christening of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: May 10, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ceremony was absolutely touching!!! I really enjoyed everything and I must admit that my tears fell down during the live broadcast.

The babies are so adorable and cute...Charlene was so elegant and perfect.

I feel so happy having the chance of watching this historical event!!!

Princess Caroline looked stunning and so of course did Princess Charlene. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

The twins have filled out nicely, I think they will both be very fair. They are very calm and alert. I LOL'd when they started giggling and playing with one another during the ceremony...awesome!:p

Lovely that that Jacques and Gabriella received the Apostolic Blessing of Pope Francis during the Mass.

I was very disappointed not to see Charlotte.:sad:

The difference between Princess Bride Charlene and Princess Mom Charlene is simply astonishing. She has always been elegant and beautiful but becoming a mother has given her a radiance that is wonderful to see.

The Principality was shown in full effect today....sunshine, crowds, cobbled streets, ancient, elegant Palais Princier on the Rock.

Perfect day!

Last edited:
A beautiful event!

Jacques and Gabriella are adorable. Jacques looks like his mum if I remember her childhood pictures correctly. Gabriella's rosy cheeks and pacifier with her name on are the cutest.

And don't you just melt when brother and sister interact.
Mum and Dad look so in love with their twins.
But the same dressed nannies freak me out, they look like they come from a sect :)

I liked it too that Charlene held the heir and Albert the eldest. And now I'll stop whining about that :)

I love Gabriella's monogram. I hadn't thought about it before but it's a sweet reminder of the grandmother that shares her initial.

Aunt Caroline, godmother Nerine Pienaar and Beatrice Borromeo are my top 3 of best dressed guests.
Too bad Charlotte was the only Grimaldi cousin that didn't attend.
I wondered why Albert and Charlene were holding the babies so they were looking away from each other. But seeing them interact later it made sense because everyone would have been too busy going Awwwww how sweet!!!!! during the Service, that the Service itself would have been disrupted and for those online, rendered irrelevant.

But my, wasn't they both wriggly little worms at times. I read the Baptismal gowns were made by Dior, and if that was true then they never got the 411 that silk and satin under Baptismal gowns make for slippery babies. Ooops!

I totally agree with you best dressed ladies, Charlene herself being absolutely gorgeous and I loved her white crocheted gloves, so well fitted and perfectly finishing her ensemble.

My only gripe was Albert obviously only put his own sunnies in his pocket and poor Charlene looked temporarily dazzled. But the walk from the Cathedral was magical. Both Albert and Charlene were kissing so many people, shaking hands, stopping for photos and they looked so happy it was a joy to watch.

I totally agree with you. It looked as if both of them were drunk with happiness. I have never seen Charlene so beautiful and perfectly at ease. Wonderful, wonderful family. May God and the Virgin Mother protect the 4 of them throughout all their lives.

Princess Charlene beautiful, sympathetic, happy and elegance.

Nanny was not tall hygiene. The cover of the baby fell to the ground several times. Baby nanny sucked his hand.

Oh, wow, what a truly wonderful day. The footage was amazing. The babies are adorable.

Can Charlene get any lovelier. ? She looked truly stunning. Such a beautiful outfit and I love how she wore her hair.

They are such proud and happy parents.

I stand corrected. That is the son of Chris LeVine. However I am pretty certain that he is a III and not a "Junior"

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.

Why arent they sitting with their children? I find that rather odd.

The baptism ceremony was over, the regular Sunday Mass started, that would last for something more than one hour. It was better to bring the babies to a separate room.

:flowers:

Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.
Albert was also wearing the lapel pin of the Order of the St. Charles.
Lapel pins or ribbons can be worn during day ceremonies. And since this was the baptism of the heir of the head of state, lapel pins and ribbons can be worn.

Most Churches have 'cry rooms' in case you have a young child that gets too fussy etc. Usually the room is wired for sound so you can still hear the service.

LaRae

What a special occasion! Every bit worth the wait. PC was so gracious and beautiful; her happiness radiating from within. And the twins! Gosh, they are simply adorable. ?

The choice of which parent was designated to carry each baby was a nice touch, too.

My only criticism is that Charlotte wasn't present -- hopefully she had a valid excuse for not being able to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

these babies are just so cute. how adorable, and how alert they were! albert and charlene can be proud of their two adorable children.

i read online they were dressed in baby dior.

and doesn't charlene look absolutely superb?! so does gabriella's godmother in that beautiful white and red dress.

i noticed Camilla, Duchess of Castro, in the crowd.

Yes, the babies were indeed in Baby Dior. :flowers:

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in Baby Dior for Their Baptism in Monaco // The Royal Couturier

I watched the whole ceremony: the decorations and organization in general was very well done. The mass was lovely, but I wish the camera would have been more on the royal family than at the priests. The children were too adorable... Jacques is the spitting image of Charlene, totally a Wittstock, while Gabriella seems to have taken from the Kelly side (or Albert's side for what it is worth ... Loved how Jacques looked for his sis and she couldn't care less :D the family was beaming with happiness, although Albert looked tense, mabne he was afraid something was going wrong?. I would have loved to see more of the twins, and I was a bit disapointed the babies were basically kept hidden during the ceremony, that was for them but I understand that the rite was long... But nontheless I was expecting the twins near their parents, as it has been for every royal christening... I have to say I don't like they arrived with the nannies, and I am sorry, but Gabriella's nanny is very scary and seems unstable... She barely managed to keep the girl on her arms... I didn't mind the walk because IMO the focus should have been on the babies... Lovely family relations IMO. All in all they looked happy, relaxed and in harmony... Just my take

The babies were there for the christening they were taken away during the mass.

Everything was wonderful the only thing I didn't like was the nannies identical outfits; just weird. Regardless, the ceremony was lovely and the fact the Albert and Charlene went outside and greeted the public (for a good length of time) and received their congratulations. Such a simple gesture to make their subjects part of their day. LOVED IT.

does anyone have pictures of the nannies entering with the babies?

i just can't wait to see these cuties again, they are gorgeous.

Beautiful ceremony, Princess Charlene looks so Happy!
The best moment was Prince Jacques playing with Princess Gabriella
ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431264294.434865.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431264309.734437.jpg

Enviado do meu iPad usando o The Royals Community

These two pictures need a caption:

Picture One:
Prince Jacques: "You might be the older, but I have more power! But nonetheless, I love you, you are my sweetest friend!"
Princess Gabriella: "Oh, my dear, you talk too much!"

Picture Two:
Prince Jacques: "Gabriella, look, there is something on your dress!"
Princess Gabriella: "What?"
Prince Jacques: "I have fooled you!"

These two children are sooooo cute. Albert and Charlene must have a lot of fun with them. But they deserve it.

Albert was also wearing the lapel pin of the Order of the St. Charles.
Lapel pins or ribbons can be worn during day ceremonies. And since this was the baptism of the heir of the head of state, lapel pins and ribbons can be worn.

Yes, it is a miniature. In most countries there is a female version (with a horizontal bow) and a male version (with a vertical ribbon).

Queen Beatrix with a miniature of the Militaire Willems-Orde (female version): http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/beatrix_of_the_netherlands_2009_05_28.jpg

President M Nicholas Sarkozy with a miniature of the Tóison de Oro (Golden Fleece), regular version

Smiles in the sunshine as Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in Monaco
Read more: Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert baptise their twins Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco
Article

What a vile and nasty comments in the DM... even when it is just about a sunny event with two innocent children, the trolls come op...

:eek: :ohmy: :sad: :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely christening. Can completely understand why the twins didn't stay for the whole event but have to agree I found it odd they arrived separately, not even just in separate cars but the children arriving ahead of Albert & Charlene in a car each. Seemed a bit OTT IMO.

Lovely christening. Can completely understand why the twins didn't stay for the whole event but have to agree I found it odd they arrived separately, not even just in separate cars but the children arriving ahead of Albert & Charlene in a car each. Seemed a bit OTT IMO.

It's called security. Not unlike when a corporate management team arrives in two or more airplanes and/or travel in two or more vehicles.

I wonder if some official pictures will be taken in the Palace and released later today.The twins might be wearing their Order in them.

Back
Top Bottom