The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Aw the babies are too cute, especially Gabriella, she is truly beautiful and will become a great beauty when older I m sure. I felt in love with her cute face
I saw that, too. They are twins but there is a difference. Gabriella definitely had a very beautiful quality to her presence when she was being baptized. One senses she will be a beauty. Jacques was the alert looking-about boy.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Nobility

I honestly thought the Wittstocks looked more polished than the Grimaldis today, very well put together and on point.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really enjoyed the walkabout through the streets surrounding the cathedral,the nuns and the lady with them seemed to have been thrilled to meet the Prince and Princess.

Was Baroness Elisabeth de Massy and her daughter Melanie present today?
I might have missed them in the various photo posted.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

It was a pity, though, that there was no appearance of the family at the palace balcony as it happened when P. Caroline and P. Albert where baptised... It would have been lovely if the Princely Couple had shared a toast to the Princely Children with the monegasques...
Old 05-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

On Noblesse et Royautes site it states that children and grandchildren of late Princess Antoinette were present too.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I watched most of the ceremony, and I thought it was lovely. There was quite a large turnout, particularly for a christening (but then again, a royal christening is perhaps a bit different, I seem to remember there were quite a lot of guests at both Princesses Estelle and Leonore of Sweden's christenings). It was lovely to see how happy Charlene looked with Albert, besides from their wedding and the twin's presentation, this is the happiest I've seen them together.

Both the twins are so adorable, I love how bald they are! The video of the interactions between the twins posted on another thread is too cute for words. I love how active Jacques seemed to be, and he seems to love Gabriella very much.
I think the bond between twins is something a bit special - of course the bond between "normal" siblings is also special, but there's something a bit more about the bond between twins IMO. There are twins who go to my church who are just starting secondary school in September, and they are saddened that they will have to part from each other as they are going to different schools and it'll be the longest time they've been away from each other.

Who were the little children at the front in the group photo with the woman in the black and white striped dress? Are they part of the de Massy family? I haven't seen them before.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
I honestly thought the Wittstocks looked more polished than the Grimaldis today, very well put together and on point.

I agree completely, Charlene's family were beautifully and elegantly dressed.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
It was a pity, though, that there was no appearance of the family at the palace balcony as it happened when P. Caroline and P. Albert where baptised... It would have been lovely if the Princely Couple had shared a toast to the Princely Children with the monegasques...
I was hoping to see that too! But maybe Albert and Charlene felt that the twins might be too tired and didn't want to overdo it. It was a big day for them!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

There will be a cocktail on july 11th when the monegash people will offer the gift to the twins for their birth, it will be at the celebrations of the birthday of the 10 years of reign of Prince Albert . it will be only with monegash people.
now there are more monegash people than in 1956 or in 1958 for the christening of Caroline and Albert, they could enter in the palace at that times, now they will have the coctail on the place of the palace and they will share a toast with the people of Monaco
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Well, here go my impressions of the day... I hadn't the opportunity to watch the ceremony live so i'll comment what i've seen so far in a replay. The day seemed perfect: sunny and splendorous. The ladies were stunning, what a display of elegance. Even P. Charlene, who i don't usually find specially elegant, looked radiant today ( and, Amazing Grace, for the first time i managed to see a spark of an emotion in her face ). Charlotte's absence was injustifiable and unexcusable - contrary to Tatiana's. I loved seeing Andrea doing the first reading. As for the babies, oh the babies... two beautiful, healthy, curious about the world little creatures, Jacques taking so much after his mother and Gabriella with the Grimaldi's pout... I'd say that, in the overall, this was quite an happy day for the Grimaldi family and i'm quite happy for it!!!
(...) This would be a major event in the Monaco calendar and one which Charlotte most definitely would be expected to be at. It would have to be illness that kept her from attending. (...)
Old 05-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene looked so happy. I have never seen her look as happy as this - motherhood obviously suits her - and how the twins have grown
Old 05-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
I would have to totally agree. The Wittstocks all looked incredible, and Charlene in particular was absolutely breathtaking. Her outfit was perfection. I kind of felt the Grimaldi clan let the side down a bit in the glamour stakes. Caroline had very obvious bruising or varicose veins and scratches on her legs that resulted in a lot of comments on newspaper sites. Stephanie, her daughters and even Alexandra seemed a little underdressed given the occasion, just quite ordinary summer dresses with no sense of occasion to them.

Did anyone else notice for part of the ceremony when the cameras panned to the Grimaldi side, Stephanie was standing with her arms folded for ages. It looked bad… have to say.

The happiness of the couple was palpable throughout the ceremony and the children are
just adorable. They are very blessed indeed. Its a beautiful cathedral too, I remember visiting it many years ago on a glorious summer day and it was as impressive as it appeared today.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
The whole day was pure elegance and happiness and what a triumph for the Princess over her haters. The nasty forum board, which I'm sure many people here are familiar with, just don't know what to say anymore. I had a peek at it today and in their fury at Charlene becoming a mother of two beautiful children they have now resorted to insulting the babies themselves. It's pathetic and shows how sad and frustrated these people are. Vive the Princely family!
Merci beaucoup. Agree with you 100%. Beautiful family, beautiful Catholic baptism.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes, they were present. I wonder what it is with these two women that they never appear with their husbands ?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I watched most of the ceremony, and I thought it was lovely. There was quite a large turnout, particularly for a christening (but then again, a royal christening is perhaps a bit different, I seem to remember there were quite a lot of guests at both Princesses Estelle and Leonore of Sweden's christenings). It was lovely to see how happy Charlene looked with Albert, besides from their wedding and the twin's presentation, this is the happiest I've seen them together.
I liked that. It was more of a national celebration, everyone invited, and everyone embraced. I know Monaco is small, but you know my meaning. Seeing all those people in the church just felt friendly and open and welcoming: 'share our joy' was the message.

It will be fun watching these little ones grow up, seeing how Charlene dresses them. And watching their personalities emerge, like with little Estelle. Pleasant, sunny days of Monaco-watching ahead.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I liked that. It was more of a national celebration, everyone invited, and everyone embraced. I know Monaco is small, but you know my meaning. Seeing all those people in the church just felt friendly and open and welcoming: share our joy was the message.

It will be fun watching these little ones grow up, seeing how Charlene dresses them. And watching their personalities emerge, like with little Estelle. Pleasant, sunny days of Monaco-watching ahead.

I'm waiting for the photos of Charlene giving them their first swim lesson. I predict we will see that before the year is over...in other words before they even have their first birthday!
Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

Who were the little children at the front in the group photo with the woman in the black and white striped dress? Are they part of the de Massy family? I haven't seen them before.
A lot of the de Massy family attended.
In the group picture you can see them on the first row from left to right
Sebastien Knecht (son of Christine-Alix. His wife Donatella is standing between Andrea and Alexandra)
Antoine de Massy (youngest son of Christian)
Christian de Massy
his daughter Laetiticia with her twins Rose and Sylvestre
the wife of Jean-Leonard
Jean-Leonard Taubert-Natta (son of Elisabeth)
(I don't recognise the man standing between Jean-Leonard and Elisabeth)
Elisabeth de Massy
Melanie de Luisignan

Does anyone know who the man standing next to Elisabeth is?
And who is the blond young man behind Jean-Leonard and the blondish baldish man behind Elisabeth?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Speculative and unappropriate comments have been removed.

Here are some more pics:

** fb gallery **

** pm: Les invités de la cérémonie en photos **

** pm: Charlene et Albert acclamés par les Monégasques **

** hola: El doble Bautizo Real de Jacques y Gabriella de Mónaco **

** pp gallery: Pauline Ducruet et Alexandra de Hanovre : Complices au baptême à Monaco **

** hellomagazine: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert baptise their twins Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco **
Old 05-11-2015, 04:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Charlene looked so happy. I have never seen her look as happy as this - motherhood obviously suits her - and how the twins have grown
Absolutely.
I have never seen her soooo beautiful and glowing in happiness
BYe Bine
Old 05-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatohead View Post
Yes, they were present. I wonder what it is with these two women that they never appear with their husbands ?
Melanie is married?
Wife of Jean-Leonard is named Suzanne Chrimes.
Children of Sebastian and Donatella were not present?

Tags
christening, christening of prince jacques, christening of princess gabriella, monaco christening, monaco royals, prince albert, princess charlene