The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Administrator

More of today's lovely pics can be found here:

** pm: Jacques et Gabriella sont baptisés **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Baptism Of The Princely Children at The Monaco Cathedral **

** pp: Baptême de Jacques et Gabriella : L'émotion de Charlene et Albert de Monaco **

** pp: Baptême de Jacques et Gabriella: Bain de foule pour Albert et Charlene de Monaco **

Old 05-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Charlene is glowing -motherhood is the making of her, absolutely.

Those nannys are so creepy, same stewardess outfits, same hairstyle???

Old 05-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Diane de Polignac nigra...what a beautiful lady for godmother...Caroline is shown in old pictures at her marriage.. i think they have the same age..what a joyful day..
Old 05-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Majesty

The ceremony was lovely. It was nice to see Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie with their children attending it.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The ceremony was lovely. It was nice to see Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie with their children attending it.
any other royals?
Old 05-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I wonder if some official pictures will be taken in the Palace and released later today.The twins might be wearing their Order in them.
I think only the Swedes do it with a fancy miniature Order. In most other Orders the decorations are worn when the Princes or Princesses are 18 years old. For an example: children of the King of the Netherlands and of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg are automatically Knight in the Order of the Golden Lion of Nassau (the Order is shared by both Houses of Nassau). The Princes and Princesses of both Houses however are never seen with the Order until the age of 18. Most likely this is the same with the monegasque Order. I have never seen pictures of petite Albert, Caroline or Rainier with an Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Those nannys are so creepy, same stewardess outfits, same hairstyle???
Just a traditional formal dress for nannies/governesses?
Old 05-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatten View Post
any other royals?
Prince Serge of Yugoslavia and Prince Charles of Bourbon and Two Sicilies with spouses were in attendance.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Majesty

the pictures of jacques and gabriella playing together are just precious.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Gentry

I agree. I think that these photos will be treasured by the whole family throughout all their life.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think only the Swedes do it with a fancy miniature Order. In most other Orders the decorations are worn when the Princes or Princesses are 18 years old. For an example: children of the King of the Netherlands and of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg are automatically Knight in the Order of the Golden Lion of Nassau (the Order is shared by both Houses of Nassau). The Princes and Princesses of both Houses however are never seen with the Order until the age of 18. Most likely this is the same with the monegasque Order. I have never seen pictures of petite Albert, Caroline or Rainier with an Order.
If you look at some old pics of Albert's christening there are ones of him wearing the tiny sash of a Knight Grand Cross if the Order of Grimaldi.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency

The Ceremony was beautiful and the cathedral choir did a splendid job as always,Princess Charlene was radiant and so happy looking.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Oh, what a perfect occasion this was for the Princely couple and Monaco. Just everything was perfect: from the sunny day, the crowds showing up, to P Albert and P Charlene's obvious pride and joy and the twins' absolutely priceless interaction after the ceremony!! I liked that all of P Charlene's family attended, a pity that Gad, Charlotte and Tatiana were not present.

Moonmaiden23, you captured what I want to say perfectly. P Charlene not only looked elegant as ever, but she radiates a new joy, peace and confidence that is obvious to see.

I think that Monaco is entering a new era with a happy and popular Princely couple who are passionate and focused, and now a new generation who has already captured so many hearts. They were just perfect on their first "performance", and their interaction was truly priceless.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 05-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.
Her babies, including the Heir to the Throne, were being formally received into the Church and the family of God during a Pontifical High Mass in the Cathedral.

This was as proper a time as any for the Princess Consort of Monaco to wear her Order(s).
Old 05-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Her babies, including the Heir to the Throne, were being formally received into the Church and the family of God during a Pontifical High Mass in the Cathedral.

This was as proper a time as any for the Princess Consort of Monaco to wear her Order(s).
I agree but in that case the protocol should have been the same across the board with everyone else, including Caroline and Stephanie, wearing their Order medals as well.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Well, here go my impressions of the day... I hadn't the opportunity to watch the ceremony live so i'll comment what i've seen so far in a replay. The day seemed perfect: sunny and splendorous. The ladies were stunning, what a display of elegance. Even P. Charlene, who i don't usually find specially elegant, looked radiant today ( and, Amazing Grace, for the first time i managed to see a spark of an emotion in her face ). Charlotte's absence was injustifiable and unexcusable - contrary to Tatiana's. I loved seeing Andrea doing the first reading. As for the babies, oh the babies... two beautiful, healthy, curious about the world little creatures, Jacques taking so much after his mother and Gabriella with the Grimaldi's pout... I'd say that, in the overall, this was quite an happy day for the Grimaldi family and i'm quite happy for it!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

The whole day was pure elegance and happiness and what a triumph for the Princess over her haters. The nasty forum board, which I'm sure many people here are familiar with, just don't know what to say anymore. I had a peek at it today and in their fury at Charlene becoming a mother of two beautiful children they have now resorted to insulting the babies themselves. It's pathetic and shows how sad and frustrated these people are. Vive the Princely family!
Old 05-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Majesty

I agree 100% angela, Vive la Famille Princier!

Tough luck to those "others"!
Old 05-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Aw the babies are too cute, especially Gabriella, she is truly beautiful and will become a great beauty when older I m sure. I felt in love with her cute face
Old 05-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
The full video of the baptism:

Thank you so much for providing the link.

It was a pleasure to watch, though long, lol. Beautiful day, gorgeous baby twins, both families in attendance (except Charlotte, Gad, Tatiana), and delightful all around!

And how apropos on Mother's Day here in the USA.

LONG LIVE THE GRIMALDI TWINS!!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Ceremony was beautiful and the cathedral choir did a splendid job as always,Princess Charlene was radiant and so happy looking.

The Cathedral Choir of Monaco rivals any at the Vatican itself, imo. Their sung Masses are always glorious in Monaco.

The special Hymn they always sing for the Sovereign at the end of the ceremony is so beautiful.

Tags
christening, christening of prince jacques, christening of princess gabriella, monaco christening, monaco royals, prince albert, princess charlene