The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
Why arent they sitting with their children? I find that rather odd.
The baptism ceremony was over, the regular Sunday Mass started, that would last for something more than one hour. It was better to bring the babies to a separate room.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Charlene was lovely today but I don't know why she was wearing her Order of St. Charles as no one else was wearing any orders today.
Albert was also wearing the lapel pin of the Order of the St. Charles.
Lapel pins or ribbons can be worn during day ceremonies. And since this was the baptism of the heir of the head of state, lapel pins and ribbons can be worn.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Most Churches have 'cry rooms' in case you have a young child that gets too fussy etc. Usually the room is wired for sound so you can still hear the service.

LaRae
Old 05-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

What a special occasion! Every bit worth the wait. PC was so gracious and beautiful; her happiness radiating from within. And the twins! Gosh, they are simply adorable. 😊

The choice of which parent was designated to carry each baby was a nice touch, too.

My only criticism is that Charlotte wasn't present -- hopefully she had a valid excuse for not being able to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
these babies are just so cute. how adorable, and how alert they were! albert and charlene can be proud of their two adorable children.

i read online they were dressed in baby dior.

and doesn't charlene look absolutely superb?! so does gabriella's godmother in that beautiful white and red dress.

i noticed Camilla, Duchess of Castro, in the crowd.
Yes, the babies were indeed in Baby Dior.

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in Baby Dior for Their Baptism in Monaco // The Royal Couturier
Old 05-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I watched the whole ceremony: the decorations and organization in general was very well done. The mass was lovely, but I wish the camera would have been more on the royal family than at the priests. The children were too adorable... Jacques is the spitting image of Charlene, totally a Wittstock, while Gabriella seems to have taken from the Kelly side (or Albert's side for what it is worth ... Loved how Jacques looked for his sis and she couldn't care less the family was beaming with happiness, although Albert looked tense, mabne he was afraid something was going wrong?. I would have loved to see more of the twins, and I was a bit disapointed the babies were basically kept hidden during the ceremony, that was for them but I understand that the rite was long... But nontheless I was expecting the twins near their parents, as it has been for every royal christening... I have to say I don't like they arrived with the nannies, and I am sorry, but Gabriella's nanny is very scary and seems unstable... She barely managed to keep the girl on her arms... I didn't mind the walk because IMO the focus should have been on the babies... Lovely family relations IMO. All in all they looked happy, relaxed and in harmony... Just my take
Old 05-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

The babies were there for the christening they were taken away during the mass.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
The babies were there for the christening they were taken away during the mass.
I know. It is what I said!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Everything was wonderful the only thing I didn't like was the nannies identical outfits; just weird. Regardless, the ceremony was lovely and the fact the Albert and Charlene went outside and greeted the public (for a good length of time) and received their congratulations. Such a simple gesture to make their subjects part of their day. LOVED IT.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Majesty

does anyone have pictures of the nannies entering with the babies?

i just can't wait to see these cuties again, they are gorgeous.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
does anyone have pictures of the nannies entering with the babies?

i just can't wait to see these cuties again, they are gorgeous.
They arrived a few minutes into the Youtube vid

Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Smiles in the sunshine as Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in Monaco
Read more: Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert baptise their twins Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco
Article
Old 05-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Gentry

Beautiful ceremony, Princess Charlene looks so Happy!
The best moment was Prince Jacques playing with Princess Gabriella
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431264294.434865.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	294807Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1431264309.734437.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	294808

Enviado do meu iPad usando o The Royals Community
Old 05-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

These two pictures need a caption:

Picture One:
Prince Jacques: "You might be the older, but I have more power! But nonetheless, I love you, you are my sweetest friend!"
Princess Gabriella: "Oh, my dear, you talk too much!"

Picture Two:
Prince Jacques: "Gabriella, look, there is something on your dress!"
Princess Gabriella: "What?"
Prince Jacques: "I have fooled you!"

These two children are sooooo cute. Albert and Charlene must have a lot of fun with them. But they deserve it.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Albert was also wearing the lapel pin of the Order of the St. Charles.
Lapel pins or ribbons can be worn during day ceremonies. And since this was the baptism of the heir of the head of state, lapel pins and ribbons can be worn.
Yes, it is a miniature. In most countries there is a female version (with a horizontal bow) and a male version (with a vertical ribbon).

Queen Beatrix with a miniature of the Militaire Willems-Orde (female version): http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600...2009_05_28.jpg

President M Nicholas Sarkozy with a miniature of the Tóison de Oro (Golden Fleece), regular version

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Smiles in the sunshine as Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in Monaco
Read more: Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene christen Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert baptise their twins Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco
Article
What a vile and nasty comments in the DM... even when it is just about a sunny event with two innocent children, the trolls come op...

Old 05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely christening. Can completely understand why the twins didn't stay for the whole event but have to agree I found it odd they arrived separately, not even just in separate cars but the children arriving ahead of Albert & Charlene in a car each. Seemed a bit OTT IMO.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Lovely christening. Can completely understand why the twins didn't stay for the whole event but have to agree I found it odd they arrived separately, not even just in separate cars but the children arriving ahead of Albert & Charlene in a car each. Seemed a bit OTT IMO.
It's called security. Not unlike when a corporate management team arrives in two or more airplanes and/or travel in two or more vehicles.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if some official pictures will be taken in the Palace and released later today.The twins might be wearing their Order in them.

Tags
christening, christening of prince jacques, christening of princess gabriella, monaco christening, monaco royals, prince albert, princess charlene