The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

LadyNimue: I thought the same. In fact, I was wishing someone would help Albert to hold Gabrella more upright. I'm my experience with babies, they like to able to look around. I thought the Aunty was being helpful. It is my observation that the Monaco family enjoy children.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Lady Nimue, Caroline is a very maternal woman-always has been-and as other posters pointed out she adores babies and children.
She definitely seemed to be helping out, in a way that I could see the new godmother not knowing where the line was for her to lend a hand.

Quote:
I think your interpretation of that scene is spot on.
Thank you, Moonmaiden. Even if it isn't 'quite', I still saw a very lovely family tableau.

Having Caroline beside her brother seemed exactly right. Were she to have braced the line of people, being on the opposite end from Stephanie, she would have been nearly off the steps. All in all, it looked right, especially if you consider that she has helped handle the royal workload while Charlene has been tending the babies, and even did so later that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
They are beautiful.

I particularly like #7, #8 and #9 where Princess Gabriella is looking directly at the camera. What a gorgeous baby! Truly.

Jacques is going to be handsome, I am sure, but Gabriella is winning my heart.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

I love glamour and so I loved Caroline's massive hat. I have been bored senseless for years during Monaco National day with the small hats and drab colours so I loved the Spring fashions, wonderful hats and pastel colours at the Christening. This feels like a new and exciting era for the Grimaldi's not seen since Grace married Ranier. We have a young and glamorous new Princess Consort and an infant Prince and Princess in the mould of Albert and Caroline when they were little. I also agree with those who say that Caroline isn't being pushy. To me she is the Princess Anne of the Grimaldi's. She has a wealth of experience and has earned her place now as the elder stateswoman (even though she isn't yet very old) of the family. She adores her brother and I'm sure will enjoy helping him and his young family immensely in the years ahead. Stephanie will also be supportive as the three if them are tight knit siblings but it's Albert and Caroline who have always been the public face of Monaco.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank Goodness for YouTube when you're on vacation!! . Watched it all over there and what a truly spectacular day for Monaco, her People and their Princely Family. The happiness and joy was just pouring out of the screen.

Charlene just looked incredable and so happy. As others have said Motherhood really does suit her and the difference in her confidence over the last few months is like daylight and dark and also wonderful. I've said it before, Fertility Issues are among the most painful and soul destroying experiences a couple can go through. Now they finally have a Family, both Charlene and Albert seem just so...free for lack of a better word and it is truly lovely to see. :)

As for the Stars of the Day...Oh my...Those are two adorable little Lovebugs!! I just can't get over just how blue Jacques' eyes are. I'm a bit of a sucker for a guy w/gorgeous blue eyes and the Little Prince w/out a doubt has them. I think Mommy and Daddy had better enjoy this time when they aren't crawling yet because once that happens, from the way Jacques was so curious about everything going on...Oh boy, is the Palais Princier going to be turned upside down big time.

ITA w/everyone who thinks Gabriella will grow up to be quite the Beauty. She also was so calm and well, chilled out in Daddy's arms, the entire time. At one point I actually thought she was going to drift off, as there were some awfully heavy looking eyes there, but nope. Her Serene Highness was very serene during the entire Ceremony.

You may now throw Strawberry Cheesecake at me for not being to resist the temptation of doing that.

When they showed them playing during the signing of the Registrars and respective Documents though? I. Melted.

Oh my heavens...Talk about Cuteness Overload!! "Yay!! We're done, we were good and didn't cry when the water was poured on our heads, so get us the heck out of these outfits because it's Party Time!!!"

Yes Jacques, it was indeed.

God Bless These Two Little Sweeties!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Courtier

The twins are so cute with their little bald heads! They're both very content and happy looking, and Gabriella, especially, is a truly beautiful baby.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
There are alot of photos who show caroline near her brother a lot of readers on french sites are saying she had not to be there between the godmother of Gabriella and Albert
Oh well, it must be right then.

It was a lovely day, the sun was shining, everyone looked happy, the babies are cute, there were some lovely and or interesting clothes to look at but you choose to be snarky about Caroline.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

What also struck me about the brother/sister motif (of Albert and Caroline) was the fact that we are looking at another brother/sister duo rising in Gabriella and Jacques, with the sister the eldest, just like Caroline. Something about the whole tableau, with Caroline holding Gabriella's hand, was fitting.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

the official cake of the christening, the cakes of christening were made also here.

Autour du gâteau du Baptême Princier / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness

I agree , about your comments about caroline being maternal , and at the church she was being caring
Old 05-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Caroline's behavior was out of happiness and love, as it should be... I can't see any acting... People are always trying to put her down in order to discredit her...She looked beaming and loves her nephew and niece as an aunt is supposed to do... Period.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

When I saw Princess Caroline wrapping her hand around the hand of Prince Jacques I thought it was supercute and with a lot of love.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Commoner

Wonderful event!The babies are so precious and cute.Jacques is going to be a handsome guy when he grows up.Gabriella's angelic face and enormous eyes Impressed me the most.She is going to be a beautylike every Grimaldi women over the centuries.She is soooo serene! the music,flute and accordion playing when C and A were walking back to the palace is my fave too,it sound so medieval,very French and so fairytale like..like a story from a book about a faraway kingdom and the celebration of its beautiful babies,which is everything it is in reality.Long live Jacques and Gabriella!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Gentry

Melina, Thanks for the video. Fantastic cake for two adorable babies. Just looking at them makes you want to hug and cuddle them! May they both have a very happy and long life!!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Random impressions of the event:

I think Caroline belongs to that spot beside her brother. And I don't know who the godmother was, but I applaud her for having the delicadeza to move and make room for the Princess Caroline. Still, wish the Monaco protocol guys did a better job of foreseeing these kinds of situations, though of course, one can't always predict movement of people.

When Stephanie got off the car to get inside the church, I was wondering who the person was. She seemed so youthful, not just the outfit (which I think is too casual for the occasion and the flat shoes though I'd kill her for her mini Balenciaga), but more so her movements. She moves like a young lady, and it's lovely to see, and that's something you don't see on photos.

Pauline and Alexandra--can't help but compare two women of the same age, but with very different vibes. The former is too mature for her age, the latter is very preppy.

Charlene, while I love her outfit, and while everything is on point, the best accessory was her big, genuine smile, especially when she they came out of the church. Cliche, I know but so true in her case. She really is coming into her own. In the next few years, I would like to see her own style and individuality come out more. Reason why I say that is because I get the impression that all that perfection we've seen recently is the work of some very well-paid stylists. Stylists are great and I'd rather see a Princess Consort who's impeccably dressed than one who is sloppy but I hope to see more hints of her personality in the way she dresses in the future.

The babies are beautiful. You can definitely tell which is which. Gabriella is so gorgeous that I already see she will have paparazzi on her tail her whole life being a beautiful female Grimaldi who's the daughter of the Prince of Monaco. Still waiting for comparisons in the form of collage with their faces and their parents and grandparents' faces on them but no one seems to have gotten round to it yet.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Hola! depicted the two Acts of Baptism. They are almost identical. It is interesting that in the act of Jacques he is mentioned as "Hereditary Prince of Monaco, Marquis des Baux" while his sister Gabriella is only mentioned as "Comtesse de Carladès" and not with the title of Princess:

Gabriella

In the Year of the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ Two-Thousand and Fifteen,
on the Sunday in the Tenth day of May, in the Cathedral of Monaco,

His Excellency Monseigneur Bernard Barsi,
Archbishop of Monaco, Grand Almoner of the Princely Palace,

Has conferred the sacrament of baptism on an infant of the female sex with the names

GABRIELLA THÉRÈSE MARIE
Comtesse de Carladès

Born in Monaco on the Tenth of December 2015

Daughter of His Serene Highness Monseigneur Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco
and of Her Serene Highness Princess Charlène, born Wittstock,
both legitimate spouses.

The godfather is Monsieur Gareth Wittstock.
The godmother is Madame Nérine Pienaar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacques

In the Year of the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ Two-Thousand and Fifteen,
on the Sunday in the Tenth day of May, in the Cathedral of Monaco,

His Excellency Monseigneur Bernard Barsi,
Archbishop of Monaco, Grand Almoner of the Princely Palace,

Has conferred the sacrament of baptism on an infant of the male sex with the names

JACQUES HONORÉ RAINIER
Hereditary Prince of Monaco, Marquis des Baux

Born in Monaco on the Tenth of December 2015

Son of His Serene Highness Monseigneur Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco
and of Her Serene Highness Princess Charlène, born Wittstock,
both legitimate spouses.

The godfather is Monsieur Christopher Le Vine jr.
The godmother is Madame Diane de Polignac Nigra.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It's so incredibly pretty...too wonderful to eat! Did I understand correctly, it took two weeks to make?!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post

When Stephanie got off the car to get inside the church, I was wondering who the person was. She seemed so youthful, not just the outfit (which I think is too casual for the occasion and the flat shoes t
I commented that she seems to only wear flat shoes or boots now, even on the rare occasions where is in full evening gown. I wonder whether she has problems with her feet?
Old 05-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you for providing the link. :)

I LOVE the cake for the twins and how 1/2 is done in pink for Gabriella and 1/2 in blue for Jacques, how apropos. And all those bears wearing crowns is so cute & adorable! Lastly, their monograms atop the cake is gorgeous.

When a baby is born it's always a special day, but when twins are born it's even more rare & special. jmho.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's so incredibly pretty...too wonderful to eat! Did I understand correctly, it took two weeks to make?!
Impressing such a work of art, these people are real artists !
Old 05-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Do the guests get samples to take for keepsakes? This is art!

Tags
christening, christening of prince jacques, christening of princess gabriella, monaco christening, monaco royals, prince albert, princess charlene