Christening of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: May 10, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

ACmonogram.jpg

This is the thread dedicated to the Christening of Prince Jacques of Monaco and Princess Gabriella of Monaco!

The christening will take place on Sunday, May 10, 2015, at 10:30 am at the Cathedral of Monaco.

The names of the godparents have not been released yet.

There will be a live coverage on the channel Monaco Info.

** press release March 2nd, 2015 mc: Baptême des Enfants Princiers ** translation **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Palace has released a short update on the christening today:

As already known the christening will take place at 10:30 am.
Afterwards the family can be watched on their way from the Cathedral to the Princely Palace.

The gifts will be presented on July 11 during Prince Albert's jubilee celebrations.

** mc: Le baptême des Enfants Princiers ** translation **

The ceremony of the christening can be seen here in live at 10h 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVM4tmGXioM

And here

En direct sur Monaco Channel : Le baptême des Enfants Princiers - The baptism of the Princely Children live on Monaco Channel / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

On Paris Match there are the photos of the godparents of Jacques and Gabriella, Christopher Le Vine Jr is the son of the best man of prince Albert Chris Le Vine and the grandchild of Lizzy Le Vine, sister of the princess Grace . He looks like a little to Prince Albert and Louis Ducruet.

Jacques & Gabriella de Monaco - Les parrains et marraines en photos

I'm still hoping for royal attendees...

I'll be happy if P. Caroline and her children ( at least some of them - I doubt Andrea and Charlotte attend ) and P. Stephanie with her children ( at least Camille ) attend the ceremony... :ermm: :whistling: :ermm:

Why do you think Andrea

.... and Charlotte won't attend ????

I think there won't be any royalty whatsover, aside from the family... I think Andrea may attend, but Tatiana not, since she gave birth just over a month ago... We'll see...

I expect Pauline Ducruet will not attend. I believe she is living in New York.

I hope the babies attend at least sheesh!

Princess Caroline will attend with Pierre, Beatrice , princess Alexandra, Andrea (not sure Tatiana) Charlotte ( not sure Gad).
Princess Stéphanie will attend with her three children.

There will be 42 cannons shots again , the first will be fired when the couple will leave the palace to the cathedrale and the last when the couple will return to the palace .

.... and Charlotte won't attend ????

Well, Tatiana has recently given birth and it's not likely that she'll travel to London leaving her baby behind ( also i think the baby is still too young to travel... ). I don't think Andrea will leave her alone in London, travel to Monaco and attend the ceremony all by himself. I just don't see him doing that. Plus, i think Charlotte is too busy with her life in Paris, and, since i don't believe Gad has been invited, i have my doubts that she will attend. As for Stephanie's children, Louis and Pauline they're both studing abroad and i don't think it would be easy for them to travel to Monaco to attend the ceremony. But... Let's wait and see :flowers:

It will be a baptism with family and close friends. And of course with all us.

Prince Jacques, Marquis de Baux, will be honoured with the Grand Cross in the Order of Grimaldi. His sister Princess Gabriella, Comtesse de Carladès, will be honoured with the rank of a Grand Officier in the same Order. This is one step lower and the first visible difference between the Hereditary Prince and the Princess.

Well, Tatiana has recently given birth and it's not likely that she'll travel to London leaving her baby behind ( also i think the baby is still too young to travel... ). I don't think Andrea will leave her alone in London, travel to Monaco and attend the ceremony all by himself. I just don't see him doing that. Plus, i think Charlotte is too busy with her life in Paris, and, since i don't believe Gad has been invited, i have my doubts that she will attend. As for Stephanie's children, Louis and Pauline they're both studing abroad and i don't think it would be easy for them to travel to Monaco to attend the ceremony. But... Let's wait and see :flowers:

Wasn't Andrea in Monaco for a soccer match a week or so after India was born?

I have high hopes the whole family will come, it's quite a historical moment in the history of the principality.

Prince Jacques, Marquis de Baux, will be honoured with the Grand Cross in the Order of Grimaldi. His sister Princess Gabriella, Comtesse de Carladès, will be honoured with the rank of a Grand Officier in the same Order. This is one step lower and the first visible difference between the Hereditary Prince and the Princess.

The fact that Jacques is always named first in communiqués (except for their birth announcement) was the first visible difference IMO.

http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

shame gabriella didn't get the same treatment as her brother...

I have high hopes the whole family will come, it's quite a historical moment in the history of the principality.

The fact that Jacques is always named first in communiqués (except for their birth announcement) was the first visible difference IMO.

http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Yes, you're quite right CDM, maybe i'm being foolish. But, then again, a soccer match isn´t a formal occasion and i'll find it odd if he attends the ceremony alone, without his wife... :ohmy:

Princess Stéphanie recieved no orders at her birth, it was the prince Albert who gave her the Grimaldi order when he became the prince sovereign.
Princess gabriella received the order of Grimaldi , less rank than her brother but he is the heir and not the spare. Princess Stéphanie received no order at her birth.
There will 42 cannons shots, 21 for Jacqus and 21 for Gabriella. same traitment here.
In the other royal countries, the spares and the other chidren who came after did not receive the same traitment than the heir or heiresse.

Well, I'm sure both are equally loved by their parents, but, dynastically and constitutionally speaking, the Hereditary Prince is more important than his sister, and always will be.

If there was absolute primogeniture, the only thing that would change it is that Princess Gabriella would more important than her brother. And that's it. Monarchy was never about fairness, but it works well.

shame gabriella didn't get the same treatment as her brother...

Yes, it seems awkward to our sensibility, we so privilege equality between sexes. But i guess it has to do with the fact that P. Jacques indeed the hereditary prince and that fact must be somehow stressed to society. I hope ( and i believe ) that within the family both children have the same treatment... :whistling:

I love how people fawning over a select group who are deemed more important than the rest of us simply because of birth are upset about fairness between the twins. No matter what one child will be regarded as more important just like in every royal family, that is hardly fair.

We all forgive you and thank you for the information you give us. Keep going.

Why the children would not have the same traitment in privat ? Princess Charlene loves her children , she does not do the difference between her children within the family, nobody would ask this question for the other royal princes , it is bad to pose this question.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that P.Charlene treats her children differently; it's just the official differences made between the second-born heir and the first-born spare that are a little unusual to our western ears so we comment on that..

In most other (at least west european) monarchies if the situation had occured there, the first-born would be the heir and the second-born the spare, regardless of gender. So if Gabriella and Jacques were for instance born in the Netherlands, Sweden, the UK, Gabriella would a the future Queen (not Jacques the future King)

That is natural, in any monarchy, the Heir -be it male or female- will be mentioned first. Name them all: Princess Elisabeth, Prince Christian, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra, etc. That is not really a "difference": you have to start somewhere when you write down names.

Handing over different Orders to Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella is really a visible difference: when the twin wear their Orders during a gala event, it is clear.

The Grand Croix has a riband and a breast star. The Grand Officier wears a neck badge and a breast star.

This is a big family event I would expect the whole family to be present Andrea isn't with his wife 24 hours a day i'm sure she can handle the children without him. The Grimaldis have their own private jet it would not be hard for Andreas family to be there.

I seriously doubt that Albert and Charlene would be rude and dumb enough to invite Charlotte and snub her partner, who is also the father of her child. And no matter how "busy" Charlotte is this is a big day in the reign of her uncle. She has traditionally made an appearance at this type of event.

Charlene is also Raphael's godmother.

Doesn't a Grand Officer get elevated to Grand Cross after 5 years? Is it just for "civilians"?

That is natural, in any monarchy, the Heir -be it male or female- will be mentioned first. Name them all: Princess Elisabeth, Prince Christian, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra, etc. That is not really a "difference": you have to start somewhere when you write down names.

Well, we don't know if they are named first because they are the heirs or because they are the oldest, because they are both.

Back
Top Bottom