The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I have to agree with Moonmaiden. I think it's important for Charlene to finsh her education. If not for her future role as Princees of Monaco, then at least for herself. I think it would give her immense confidence. Maybe once things settles down, she'll go back to school and get her diploma.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Let us hope that she won't be typecast as a supermodel ......

Once she has settled into her new job, she will have opportunities for meeting influential people, for improving herself, and much more.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Olympians don't have confidence problems. She doesn't need a high school degree. If she can read she can learn. The Grimaldis will teach her what she needs to know for her job as a Princess. That will be much more valuable for her.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, it would be important for a person of her current position to finish at least high school.
But, Albert and his people can teach her how to do the job without finish school.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I have to agree with Moonmaiden. I think it's important for Charlene to finsh her education. If not for her future role as Princees of Monaco, then at least for herself. I think it would give her immense confidence. Maybe once things settles down, she'll go back to school and get her diploma.
Well soapstar, one thing I think she already seems to have in abundance is self-confidence. But you are right, for personal growth, as a human being and as a woman I cannot imagine not wanting to expand one's mind and horizons.

For example..I read on another blog that she had no clue who Placido Domingo is. ...I hope that was simply someone being catty and was not based on truth.

Maybe I am judging her priorities by my own....I love make-up and gossip and fashion, etc. but I think I would go insane without books and constant self-education. The world is so big and complex...there is so much out there.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timea83 View Post
No, I think she isn't lazy, she lacks some learning skills. She has no abilty to learn. She can't improve her knowledge. She has never learnt so much. She has difficulties to learn a language and sort things. Despite of these things I can tell you she is "the art of living."She was ambitious and has achieved what she wanted.

You mean that Charlene wanted to become a master in the art of living.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, she has difficulties with learning languages.
But that's something that can be improved upon, and it takes patient teachers and supportive friends/family to help her.

I often hear people say, "Well, everyone can speak English". That's patently not true !

With CW it's the other way round - many Monegasques may say to her: Tout le monde sait parler français !!
And this would also not be true.

Charlene will - in her own time - improve her French.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Fanof Monaco. That is I wanted to write. CW isn't a well -educated woman, but her future husband and sister- in -laws will teach her what she needs to know for her role as a Princess.

To An,
" art of living": I think of a person who knows how to get the most of life. This type of person has the knowledge, the ability to seize the advantages. She or he is the master of living. She/He doesn't own unique abilities which people could respect for, doesn't have excellent skills in the different fields of life . ( learning,studies, sport, sciences arts or anything else)She/He isn't so beautiful, clever, or so special.
Despite of these she /he had the luck,opportunity to reach her/his goal.
I cannot explain you better. CW is that kind of person. PA had many better candidates for the title which CW will gain . You can believe many ladies/girlfriends were dying to get the title of Princess of Monaco.

CW had the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time. She is a woman who in life by providing oppurtinities wisely, usefully and purposefully used. And yes she iron will, and discipline no to give up and waiting her time . I think she shows everybody what she can do for her goals.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
You mean that Charlene wanted to become a master in the art of living.
Yes she wanted. I am going to say 2nd July that she became master in the art of living.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Okay, she has difficulties with learning languages.
But that's something that can be improved upon, and it takes patient teachers and supportive friends/family to help her.

I often hear people say, "Well, everyone can speak English". That's patently not true !

With CW it's the other way round - many Monegasques may say to her: Tout le monde sait parler français !!
And this would also not be true.

Charlene will - in her own time - improve her French.

Well, Grace Kelly did. In the beginning it was so painful for her that she did not give interviews in French for fear of embarrassing herself, her Prince and Monaco.

She never completely mastered the French language but she became competent enough to perform her duties well and to become beloved by the Monagasques.

When they became parents, she always spoke English to her children and Rainier used French...so that all three are now perfectly bi-lingual.

Hopefully it will be the same for CW...and it is essential that SOMEONE speak to the children in French and the Monagasque dialect because as heirs, they will need to have mastery of both.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Olympians don't have confidence problems. She doesn't need a high school degree. If she can read she can learn. The Grimaldis will teach her what she needs to know for her job as a Princess. That will be much more valuable for her.
She doesn't need to get her high school degree, but I think it would be a wonderful accomplishment. I think seeing Charlene go back and get her education would be inspirational to a lot of people. But more importantly, it would be something she could look on proudly. Don't get me wrong, I think she will be fine in her role (she's doing well so far), I would just love to see her finish school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Maybe I am judging her priorities by my own....I love make-up and gossip and fashion, etc. but I think I would go insane without books and constant self-education. The world is so big and complex...there is so much out there.
That's me too. I love all of the frivolous stuff, but I also need my books.

Moonmaiden, I also read about her not knowing Placido Domingo. I think she's had a few little mishaps like that. Hopefully she (or the Palace) is taking the time to correct those issues.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Regards education, I do not judge a person based on what degree they hold, if any, as I find not everybody that graduates from college is well-educated. Some go just to say they've been to college, some go because it is expected of them, and some just slide through. Just because one has been to college doesn't mean s/he is intelligent.

Some of the most truly intelligent people out there are self-taught, never been to college, but can blow anybody away with their mental acuity. Also, it is good to keep in mind that education continues throughout one's life, it does not end with a piece of paper. That piece of paper means nothing if all the lights are on, but nobody's home.

Anyhow, that's my take on *education*.

Here's to Charlene, and her future as First Lady of Monaco, and all that she will learn in the coming decades ~ Salute!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Nadine, some of the least informed people I know in my private life have college degrees...they simply studied in their field of interest, got a "degree" and voila! NOW they are considered EDUCATED.

They are considered "educated"...but this is not necessarily what I meant by CW completing her education even though it is an option.

She should expand her field of knowledge and expertise beyond sports and clothing and...let's say other "cosmetic" things to avoid feeling uncomfortable or even embarrassed when she is inevitably exposed to people who have more to offer.

The Placido Domingo issue and her interview with Patrick Poivre(??) are perfect examples...she just came off as....limited.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Nobility

IMO,
Even if Miss Wittstock finished the educational goals that other people want her to finish, I do not think it would change anything about her. Only those with a college degree do not swear or wear a [ ITunes ]
Call to work out kinks
•
[ ITunes ]
Call to work out kinks
• bra??
Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH
IMO,
Even if Miss Wittstock finished the educational goals that other people want her to finish, I do not think it would change anything about her. Only those with a college degree do not swear or wear a [ ITunes ]
Call to work out kinks
•
[ ITunes ]
Call to work out kinks
• bra??
Some will always make big issues about anything because in some way, it makes them feel superior when putting down others. Prince Albert has finally picked a bride - at 53 years of age. He has been photographed with various women throughout the years. For whatever reasons he has chosen marry CW, and his reasons are his own. He does not have to explain them to any one, nor does anybody else have to understand them!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Nadine, some of the least informed people I know in my private life have college degrees...they simply studied in their field of interest, got a "degree" and voila! NOW they are considered EDUCATED.

They are considered "educated"...but this is not necessarily what I meant by CW completing her education even though it is an option.

She should expand her field of knowledge and expertise beyond sports and clothing and...let's say other "cosmetic" things to avoid feeling uncomfortable or even embarrassed when she is inevitably exposed to people who have more to offer.

The Placido Domingo issue and her interview with Patrick Poivre(??) are perfect examples...she just came off as....limited.

Moonmaiden23, but how do you know she has not expanded her field of knowledge beyond sports and clothing? And oh yes, other "cosmetic" things as you imply; btw your claws are awfully sharp when you are being catty. After all even you admitted the Placido Domingo issue that you mentioned in another post does not have any proof, just a rumour in a blog.

Don't you see, this is all supposition, we don't have a clue as to what Charlene is *really* like in private, just a few blurbs in an interview or in a magazine, which is edited of course and can be spliced to make her look bad, as history has shown this has happened to many individuals in the limelight, past and present.

Furthermore, many tend to think the worst of people, especially those they have a dislike for, either real or imagined. Whereas if you think the best of people, well you know what I mean...

My point? Give Charlene a chance, she's not even married yet, the start bell will truly go off once she officially becomes Princess Charlene, First Lady of Monaco, less than a month away (btw I don't envy her that position, lol).
Old 06-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Moonmaiden23, but how do you know she has not expanded her field of knowledge beyond sports and clothing? And oh yes, other "cosmetic" things as you imply; btw your claws are awfully sharp when you are being catty. After all even you admitted the Placido Domingo issue that you mentioned in another post does not have any proof, just a rumour in a blog.

Don't you see, this is all supposition, we don't have a clue as to what Charlene is *really* like in private, just a few blurbs in an interview or in a magazine, which is edited of course and can be spliced to make her look bad, as history has shown this has happened to many individuals in the limelight, past and present.

Furthermore, many tend to think the worst of people, especially those they have a dislike for, either real or imagined. Whereas if you think the best of people, well you know what I mean...

My point? Give Charlene a chance, she's not even married yet, the start bell will truly go off once she officially becomes Princess Charlene, First Lady of Monaco, less than a month away (btw I don't envy her that position, lol).
You are right on. A good many on here that post, don't know diddly about Placido Domingo ( he was wonderful) or anything about opera. People grow into their positions and learn as they go on and meet different challenges. Everyone deserves a chance.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

We need to keep in mind that she has been a resident in Monaco for something like five years !

During that time, she will have met a large number of Monegasques and residents, visitors, politicians etc.

She would also have been learning from PA, especially in the last two years or so, when she must have realised that her role would have been a permanent one.

In the words of Countess: Everyone deserves a chance.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

I have ears Nadine. I have listened to and read her interviews. She cannot speak the language of the country she has lived in for six years...that, for me, is troubling.

If I was the only one noticing these things, I would indeed be being "catty" as you put it.

I don't think she is an idiot.I have praised her for her will and discipline and I also sense that she is genuinely kind and warm.

I don't dislike CW, and if you are honest you would admit from reading my other comments on other topics that I have praised her sense of style and fashion a lot.

So, just because I am not a Charlene shill, please don't label me a hater. Why does everything have to be black or white on these Forums?

Maybe in the future, I should stick to gushing over her killer wardrobe.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Moonmaiden,
anyone reading your contributions would see that you are being fair to her.
I'm in a similar situation because I'm being somewhat critical of Charlene because of her lack of French.
But I think these are fair points, not hate-driven, but designed to gain further insight(s).

Tags
charlene, princess charlene