Charlene Wittstock's Education & Swimming Career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't find anywhere informations about her education. Which university did Charlene attend in South Africa? What is her degree?

According to this Charlene has only a high school diploma. I didn't know this fact of her. It is no wonder that I didn't find anything about this. Thank you for answering.
According to Charlene she dropped out of school at 17 and has never mentioned going back to get her diploma. If you go back to posts from 2006 you can find the information.

According to Charlene she dropped out of school at 17 and has never mentioned going back to get her diploma. If you go back to posts from 2006 you can find the information.

Thank you for your help. Will Charlene be the first princess who never finished school?

Last edited:
no madrid, she will not be the first. The late Diana, Princess of Wales was also a high school dropout.

BUT...that does not mean it's okay to do that. CW is entering a family of brilliant women..not to mention her would be husband is also quite intelligent and well-educated.

I cannot imagine what their private conversations are like. :sad:

About as commonplace and boring as any of us :))

Having listened to PA's voice, I have to say that it would definitely send me to sleep......

Whether or not CW finished high school is not quite so important.

However, she should have taken a leaf out of Mette-Marit's book ..... she managed to attend university alongside her full-time job as Princess.

Moonmaiden23 said:
no madrid, she will not be the first. The late Diana, Princess of Wales was also a high school dropout.

BUT...that does not mean it's okay to do that. CW is entering a family of brilliant women..not to mention her would be husband is also quite intelligent and well-educated.

While reading the thread reply posts about Miss Charlene Wittstock never earning a high school diploma, I had thought of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, having never graduated from 'high school,' as it called the US, either.
What specifically gives you the impression that Miss Wittstock cannot converse intelligently with persons who have earned a high school diploma and/or a college degree? I do not believe HSH Price Albert of Monaco would have a long term relationship with anybody who could not engage in delightful, insightful, and intelligent conversation with those people closest to him. Why would Miss Wittstock's conversational skills matter to you anyway?

In any case, all of any of this should only matter HSH the Prince Albert of Monaco
and his future bride.Why should or would anybody else care anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Charlene finishing school she is getting an education just not the normal type. She has traveled more places seeing things that many with history degrees have. Grammar or what we consider English in school I don't see her saying things like "ain't", and "don't got none" for example are bad grammar. Swearing like she does seems to be common place now even on TV and in songs. The only things I find she needs to improve is stop saying "uh" when she talks as Albert does. Wear a bra when in public and her wardrobe has improved. People who know or have meet her say she is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not CW finished high school is not quite so important.

However, she should have taken a leaf out of Mette-Marit's book ..... she managed to attend university alongside her full-time job as Princess.

I completely agree Renata4711...MM has almost completely re-invented herself. It can be done!;)

In the company of fellow CP's like Masako of Japan, Mathilde of Belgium, and Maxima of the Netherlands..all very highly educated AND accomplished women, CW would want to complete her education as a point of pride.

At least, that is how I would feel in her position.

While reading the thread reply posts about Miss Charlene Wittstock never earning a high school diploma, I had thought of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, having never graduated from 'high school,' as it called the US, either.
What specifically gives you the impression that Miss Wittstock cannot converse intelligently with persons who have earned a high school diploma and/or a college degree? I do not believe HSH Price Albert of Monaco would have a long term relationship with anybody who could not engage in delightful, insightful, and intelligent conversation with those people closest to him. Why would Miss Wittstock's conversational skills matter to you anyway?

In any case, all of any of this should only matter HSH the Prince Albert of Monaco
and his future bride.Why should or would anybody else care anyway?

It matters for the same reason that you bothered to choose a user ID and log in and join the conversation....speculating and gossip about Royalty and Aristocracy is why TRF exists and why we are ALL here.

Her first interview after her engagement was a bit of a disaster and an embarrassment(" I want to discover France!...Give us a break!") is not exactly my idea of cultured, intelligent adult conversation.

The fact that she has lived in a foreign land for almost six years without becoming fluent in the native language also sends red flags flying for me...she is either lazy or lacks intellectual motivation and curiosity. Not good.

However, you are absolutely correct in pointing out that it will not affect my life one iota if the Princess-Consort of Monaco remains uneducated...she has done quite well for herself so far.

Last edited:
I don't know why Charlene's education is so important.
She is the fiancee of Prince Albert and will become soon Her Serene Highness Princess of Monaco. Readers and reporters aren't so interested in her educational training as we are. They praise CW's look , attitude, skills, kindness and charity programs.Her education does not matter. It is sure she has never attended collage/university. And yes she left high school at 17 but it does not mean she does not have a high school diploma.
Prince Albert had many clever, well educated , reall unique girlfriends before started dating CW.(Alicia Warlick, Tasha de Vasconselos, Brooke Shields etc.) And what happened? None of them couldn't reach their goals.
Maybe Albert respects well -ecucated women but he has never wanted to marry one of them. I think CW is a suitable wife for him. She is a tall athlete with basic education. She has a normal family backround. I have never heard stories , gossips about her past. (skandals or something.)
She was a former athlete and she participated a lot of sport events, competition .
However I really don't know her swimming carrier. Can anybody tell her results? When did she start swimming? When did she become swimming champion at very first time? What are her most importmant swimming results? Was she a significant, succesful South African swimmer ?Did fellow South African swimmers like and respect her? Who were her couches?

Timea83 you are right...but she cannot be around Albert 100% of the time. What about on her own, in meetings with dignitaries and their wives?

What happens during interviews...without Albert, and in her function as Princess Sovereign, when she is asked to weigh on matters regarding...let's say some important matter in the Principality that has nothing to do with sports or charity?

What if she is seated at dinner with the Belgian Prime Minister, and he happens to begin a discussion on the Walloon/Dutch conflict in that country and the possibility of an independent Flanders that might result from it?

It is true that one does not need an education to be well-informed, and I hope that PA and CW take it upon themselves to see that that is what happens after the wedding.

Being fashionable and presentable is not enough for even a Princess in the world of the 21st century, imo.

ETA: I happen to believe that PA likes her exactly the way she is...he has expressed that he was attracted by her kind, generous and open spirit and I believe that completely...but as I stated above...for her OWN enrichment and evolvement as a human being I can't imagine why CW would not want to complete her education. I cannot imagine why ANYONE in today's world would not want to. Why not?

Last edited:
No, I think she isn't lazy, she lacks some learning skills. She has no abilty to learn. She can't improve her knowledge. She has never learnt so much. She has difficulties to learn a language and sort things. Despite of these things I can tell you she is "the art of living."She was ambitious and has achieved what she wanted.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden I can not tell how she could handle that kind of situation. I think it is not our problem. PA has his choice and possibilty to train and prepare his future wife for her function.

It is sure she has never attendedcollage/university. And yes she left high school at 17 but it does not mean she does not have a high school diploma.

However I really don't know her swimming carrier. Can anybody tell her results? When did she start swimming? When did she become swimming champion at very first time? What are her most importmant swimming results? Was she a significant, succesful South African swimmer ?Did fellow South African swimmers like and respect her? Who were her couches?
Unless she has gotten a diploma recently she does not have one. Regarding the other questions they have been answered over and over each time someone asks in the threads. Official Palace link

No, I think she isn't lazy, she lacks some learning skills. She has no abilty to learn. She can't improve her knowledge. She has never learnt so much. She has difficulties to learn a language and sort things. Despite of these things I can tell you she is "the art of living."She was ambitious and has achieved what she wanted.

Your last line is very true, and I admire CW very much for that...it took a will of iron, discipline and enormous self confidence to get where she is.

I DON'T agree that she cannot learn or improve her knowledge. Unless one has a learning disability of some kind, everyone can do that.:)

And yes she left high school at 17 but it does not mean she does not have a high school diploma.

As she left high school, how could she have a diploma?:huh:

No, I think she isn't lazy, she lacks some learning skills. She has no abilty to learn. She can't improve her knowledge. She has never learnt so much. She has difficulties to learn a language and sort things. Despite of these things I can tell you she is "the art of living."

Really? Please, tell us more about this.
What do you mean by 'she is the art of living'? :confused:

I heard that opposites attract each other.

I have to agree with Moonmaiden. I think it's important for Charlene to finsh her education. If not for her future role as Princees of Monaco, then at least for herself. I think it would give her immense confidence. Maybe once things settles down, she'll go back to school and get her diploma.

Let us hope that she won't be typecast as a supermodel ......

Once she has settled into her new job, she will have opportunities for meeting influential people, for improving herself, and much more.

Olympians don't have confidence problems. She doesn't need a high school degree. If she can read she can learn. The Grimaldis will teach her what she needs to know for her job as a Princess. That will be much more valuable for her.

Well, it would be important for a person of her current position to finish at least high school.
But, Albert and his people can teach her how to do the job without finish school.

I have to agree with Moonmaiden. I think it's important for Charlene to finsh her education. If not for her future role as Princees of Monaco, then at least for herself. I think it would give her immense confidence. Maybe once things settles down, she'll go back to school and get her diploma.

Well soapstar, one thing I think she already seems to have in abundance is self-confidence. But you are right, for personal growth, as a human being and as a woman I cannot imagine not wanting to expand one's mind and horizons.

For example..I read on another blog that she had no clue who Placido Domingo is. ...I hope that was simply someone being catty and was not based on truth.:ohmy:

Maybe I am judging her priorities by my own....I love make-up and gossip and fashion, etc. but I think I would go insane without books and constant self-education. The world is so big and complex...there is so much out there. :sad:

You mean that Charlene wanted to become a master in the art of living.

Last edited:
Okay, she has difficulties with learning languages.
But that's something that can be improved upon, and it takes patient teachers and supportive friends/family to help her.

I often hear people say, "Well, everyone can speak English". That's patently not true !

With CW it's the other way round - many Monegasques may say to her: Tout le monde sait parler français !!
And this would also not be true.

Charlene will - in her own time - improve her French.

Fanof Monaco. That is I wanted to write. CW isn't a well -educated woman, but her future husband and sister- in -laws will teach her what she needs to know for her role as a Princess.

To An,
" art of living": I think of a person who knows how to get the most of life. This type of person has the knowledge, the ability to seize the advantages. She or he is the master of living. She/He doesn't own unique abilities which people could respect for, doesn't have excellent skills in the different fields of life . ( learning,studies, sport, sciences arts or anything else)She/He isn't so beautiful, clever, or so special.
Despite of these she /he had the luck,opportunity to reach her/his goal.
I cannot explain you better. CW is that kind of person. PA had many better candidates for the title which CW will gain . You can believe many ladies/girlfriends were dying to get the title of Princess of Monaco.

CW had the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time. She is a woman who in life by providing oppurtinities wisely, usefully and purposefully used. And yes she iron will, and discipline no to give up and waiting her time . I think she shows everybody what she can do for her goals.

Last edited:
Okay, she has difficulties with learning languages.
But that's something that can be improved upon, and it takes patient teachers and supportive friends/family to help her.

I often hear people say, "Well, everyone can speak English". That's patently not true !

With CW it's the other way round - many Monegasques may say to her: Tout le monde sait parler français !!
And this would also not be true.

Charlene will - in her own time - improve her French.

Well, Grace Kelly did. In the beginning it was so painful for her that she did not give interviews in French for fear of embarrassing herself, her Prince and Monaco.

She never completely mastered the French language but she became competent enough to perform her duties well and to become beloved by the Monagasques.

When they became parents, she always spoke English to her children and Rainier used French...so that all three are now perfectly bi-lingual.

Hopefully it will be the same for CW...and it is essential that SOMEONE speak to the children in French and the Monagasque dialect because as heirs, they will need to have mastery of both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom