Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they choose any royal godparents, I think they will go for Máxima for Gabriella and Felipe for Jacques. A King regent for the heir and a Queen consort for the spare. I hope they make Caroline godmother to one of them as well. That's the least they can do after so many years of hard work as de facto first lady and heiress presumptive.

Looking at the above comments and choices I would like as godparents for P Jacques King Felipe, P Caroline, brother Sean Wittstock and Franci von Almsick. For P Gabriella Q Maxima, P Stephanie, Gareth Wittstock and Novak Djokovic. Why Franci and Novak? They are both sportspeople/athletes and close friends of the couple. They also have young children themselves as the Wittstock brothers do.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Outwith family and friends it would be lovely to see royal godparents for both children. For Jacques I would love Queen Maxima and the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg and for Gabriella the Crown Prince of Norway and the Countess of Wessex. I say these names because they seem to be royals who have a particular friendship with Albert and Charlene.

Last edited:
Finally we have a date! I am excited to see who they pick as Godparents. I will be disappointed if they don't pick any foreign Royal Godparents.

Why? What difference would it make. There is nothing special about "royal", today. They are no better than their aunts, cousins or friends that they make like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this I wonder what Charlene will wear ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The twins will more than likely have both Royal/aristocrat and non-Royal godparents.

It sounds like TSH's will go big for this event...can't wait!:p

A Baby christened in the catholic religion may have one couple of godparents but he can have more than a couple of godparents, my granddaughter has two godmothers and two godfathers
The princely children may have many godmothers and godfathers.
Albert, Caroline and Stéphanie had only a couple of godparents

Princess Caroline's godmother was her cousin,Margaret Davies and her godfather was a Hungarian HSH Prince Georg Festetics. (hope I spelt it correct,not sure if he is still alive?)

Princess Stepahnie's godmother is her cousin,Baroness Elisabeth Anne de Massy and her godfather was her uncle, John Brendan Kelly Jr.

There will big events in Monaco this year, christening of Prince Gabriella and prince Jacques in May, the celebration of the ten years of reign of Prince Albert and perhaps the civil wedding of Pierre Casiraghi during this summer.

In this article, there are more détails

Albert et Charlène de Monaco : les détails sur le baptême princier des jumeaux

The couple will walk from the cathedeale to the palace after the mass and for godmother Charlotte Casiraghi and Gareth Wittstock, the brother of Princess Charlene as godfather .
I don't believe the names of the godparents but who knows?

If they want to stick to the tradition the will choose 4 godparents, 2 for each child. This is the traditional number for a catholic christening. I'd say two women and two men, and two for each side of the family. I think that may be a safe bet :D

Last edited:
There will big events in Monaco this year, christening of Prince Gabriella and prince Jacques in May, the celebration of the ten years of reign of Prince Albert and perhaps the civil wedding of Pierre Casiraghi during this summer.

That's true I had forgotten that its the 10th anniversary of Albert II's accession,with the Christening a little over a month later.

and for godmother Charlotte Casiraghi and Gareth Wittstock, the brother of Princess Charlene as godfather .

Does it mean that according to this article every child will have one godparent or they will have same godparents?

In this article, there are more détails

Albert et Charlène de Monaco : les détails sur le baptême princier des jumeaux

The couple will walk from the cathedeale to the palace after the mass and for godmother Charlotte Casiraghi and Gareth Wittstock, the brother of Princess Charlene as godfather .

My french is not good, but i believe the phrase "potentiel" is used with the godparents, so this might just be guess-work and not actual confirmed names?

this article says among the possible names of godmothers and the godfathers, there are some names as Charlotte Casiraghi, Stéphanie de Monaco or Gareht Wittstoc.

Charlotte would sound logical since they might reciprocate. (Albert and Charlene are Raphael's godparents)

How wonderful would it be if there was a gala event staged at the Opera later in the evening, presented to TSH and their guests in honor of the birth of the twins? A formal dinner, followed by a ballet with everyone in full evening regalia? It would be like Monaco was in the Rainier/Grace heyday.

I know it's unlikely but it's fun to dream.;)

Last edited:
MoonMaiden, I think that these events would be for the celebration of the 10 years of reign of Prince Albert because the announce of the palace says that the gift for the princely children will be given to them on july 11th on the place du palais, it will be one event among the other events which will take place to celebrat the 10 years of reign of Prince Albert II.

Why not princesse Alexandra of hanover as godmother?, she is the cousin, Young, she is Princess.

Princess Alexandra would be an excellent choice, but she could not be the chief godparent because she is Protestant. There would have to be another Catholic godparent along with Alexandra.

I'm really looking forward to this event. I'm not even going to guess who the godparents will be . . . . as I always guess incorrectly when it comes to this type of thing. ! :flowers:

Last edited:
It would be lovely to see Jazmin Grace Grimaldi attend. I know she and Albert's relationship is very private but it is the christening of her half-siblings. They could make an exception this once.

Was an exception made for the wedding of her father?
I can't remember her sitting in a position where she was captured by cameras.
If Jazmin does attend the twins' Christening, I hope she is discretely seated.

Her life as a private citizen should not be compromised.

It will be fun to see who is chosen as Godparents.

Princess Alexandra would be an excellent choice, but she could not be the chief godparent because she is Protestant. There would have to be another Catholic godparent along with Alexandra.

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, son of Prince Alois, could be a godfather.

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, son of Prince Alois, could be a godfather.

Is he a close friend of the couple?
He's only 19 years old though, wouldn't that be quite young to be a godparent?

If he was already confirmed, there is no obstacle.

I have the strange feeling that none of the main royal families in Europe will be a godparent... I think there will be members of the families and minor royalty...

It would be lovely to see Jazmin Grace Grimaldi attend. I know she and Albert's relationship is very private but it is the christening of her half-siblings. They could make an exception this once.
I really share your hopes, I'd be delighted to see her with her family !:)

Why to want royal golparents for the christening.? not all the heirs have a royal godparents. Some heirs of the monarchies of the north of Europe have a royal godparents because they have often the same grand grand drand father father but other have not as Elizabeth of Belgium or Georges of Cambridge like his father too..
Prince Albert of Monaco had former queen Victoria Eugena of Spain as gofmother , she was no more queen , Spain was no more a monarchy at that date, she lived in Monaco very often and she was very friend with Prince rainier and Princess Grace. Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie had no royal godparents.
it is a religious ceremony , the couple will choice for their children the persons they like and they trust. I think Princess Caroline , Tatiana Casiraghi, Elizabeth de Massy or Melanie De Masssy, Camilla de Bourbon Sicile may be godmothers .
Pierre Casiraghi, Charles de Bourbon Siciles, Chris Levine, father Bill or perhaps Gareth Wittstovk or Thierry Lacoste friend of Prince Albert may be godfatheqr. All these persons are worth to be godparents

As the wedding, the christening of the princely children will be a big public event of the princely family. The people of Monaco could see the princely family on the place of Monaco.it will not be a privat event . The two other children were not present at the wedding, they will not be present at the christening as they were not present to the presentation of the babies on january 7th.It is not a tv seris as Dallas or Dynasty.

The children of Princess Stéphanie had contacts with Jazmin since the beginning but we never saw contacts between the children of Princess caroline and Jazmin. but it is not the subject of this board.

:previous: Probably because royal godparents are more exciting than non-royal godparents from a royal watcher's point of view – at that's why I would like them to have royal godparents. I think it's lovely when members of the the different royal families godparent each others children.

I simply don't understand your television comment. What is wrong with having Albert's older children be present at the christening of their younger siblings? There would be nothing soap-like about that.

Prince Albert always said they belong to his privat life nothing else.
They are his children , they are the half brother and half sister of Jacques and Gabriella but they do not belong to the principaly family.
We saw that she has good contacts with the children of Stéphanie but in privat. in New York , I think he saw Jazmin when he is coming in New York but in privat as he must to do with Alexandre when he comes at London.
We never saw the two daughters of prince Bernhard of niederlands at public events , they did not attend the funerals of their father.
Prince Carlos of Bourbon Parme has a illigitimat son , he lived a long time with the mother of this Child.than he married with an another wife and had two other daughters, we never saw this child to the wedding of his father where all royal family of Nederland was attending and he did not attend the christenings of his sister and he does not attend to the big events of the royal family of Nederland with his father

I'm also thinking we could see a possible godparent from the Bourbon-Two Sicilies family.The duke and duchess of Castro often attend Princely family events ,I think they recently attended Monaco's National Day.

Is he a close friend of the couple?
He's only 19 years old though, wouldn't that be quite young to be a godparent?

As Biri mentioned: "If Prince Joseph Wenzel is confirmed."

In Catholic churches and cathedrals here in the continental United States, there have been godmothers and godfathers who are eighteen or nineteen. They may be a younger sister or brother of the father or mother of the baby to be baptized. They may be a cousin. They may be friends of the couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom