Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Princess Grace also have a nice named Grace and she died ?

I could see for a number of reasons why Grace would not be a first name but I could/hope they would use it for a second or third name

I voted twin girls but one of each would be nice too.

I'm not sure about names I did think of Emilie Grace Marie.

I have to keep thinking about the names

Last night I dreamt that Albert and Charlene's baby had been born and Princess Caroline and Charlotte Casiraghi were discussing it. It was just one girl, who had been named Poppy Charlotte Grace. I've got no idea where Poppy came from - dreams can be strange sometimes. ;) Charlotte and Grace are understandable though, however Charlotte wasn't included in my predictions.

Gosh, i hope they don't go with the Jamie Oliver book of babynames: Princess Poppy and Prince Buddy-bear :lol:

Thank you I thought it was Lizanne's daughter.

Princess Grace of Monaco's sister Lizanne was so often referred to as Lizanne that the general public may not have always been aware that Elizabeth was her given first name.

I guessed twins because twins would be really nice IMO.A boy and a girl.

Last night I dreamt that Albert and Charlene's baby had been born and Princess Caroline and Charlotte Casiraghi were discussing it. It was just one girl, who had been named Poppy Charlotte Grace. I've got no idea where Poppy came from - dreams can be strange sometimes. ;) Charlotte and Grace are understandable though, however Charlotte wasn't included in my predictions.

The big rumor was that Zara Tindall would name her baby Poppy - that must be where it came from.

Charlotte Grace is a lovely combination - it covers a great many people there - mother, grandmother, great-grandmother.

Sex: a boy.
Name: Henri Louis Michael.
Godparents: Gareth and Charlotte

I think if it is a boy the name Rainier ( and possibly more of his names ) will be included. He will be the first "grandson" bearing the Grimaldi name. It is also a strong tradition in SA to name the first grandson after his paternal grandfather.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

first, I think that the prince will soon announce that there will be a change in the law of sucession, if it is a girl, she will be the future heir even if there will be a son after her.

second, I think that the christening of the future baby will take place in the cathedrale of monaco and the couple will present the baby to the people of Monaco on the place of the palace as Prince rainier and Princess Grace did it at each christening of their children.

My preferences:
Boy:
Rainier
Pierre
Louis

Girl:
Grace
Louise
Charlotte

If they have a girl - maybe Grace Lynette Grimaldi; with Princess Victoria of Sweden as godmother& King Juan Carlos as godfather..
If they have a boy Rainier Michael Grimaldi; with Maxima as godmother and the Grand Duke of Luxemb as godfather; in whatever case a safe & happy delivery is wished by one & all

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have a girl - maybe Grace Lynette Grimaldi; with Princess Victoria of Sweden as godmother& King Juan Carlos as godfather..
If they have a boy Rainier Michael Grimaldi; with Maxima as godmother and the Grand Duke of Luxemb as godfather; in whatever case a safe & happy delivery is wished by one & all

Why would they want Juan Carlos associated with the baby's christening? It would be a controversial choice with the former king's scandals and I don't recall hearing that Prince Albert is particularly close to the Spanish royal family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, Corinna, Juan Carlos' whatever she was is now Charlene's new bestie. Victoria Eugenia was Albert's godmother so not totally without links. Not to mention that Sofia is Ernst August's first cousin ?. Although I think it very unlikely that JC will be godfather.

I think Charlotte or one of Albert's cousins... (Kelly's side) and a member of Charleneps family... just like the wedding

I count for a beautiful blonde hair girl for them :kiss: I love the names: Claudine, Ghislaine, Grace or Isabella.

For godparents I've got several types:
- Charlene's brothers (one of them)
- Princess Caroline or Princess Stephanie (I think more about Caroline because she was a Hereditary Princess for so long and it would be nice if they would choose her for being a godmother of new Hereditary Prince of Princess)
- Charlotte Casiraghi (Albert and Char are godparents of Raphael so why not?)
- Christopher Levine and Donatella Knecht de Massy (Albert and Char's witnesses, Donatella also comes from South Africa like Char)
- Jazmin Grimaldi (I know it's not very probable, but I think it'd be cute. I love the fact that Charlotte is Alexandra's godmother)
- Queen Maxima
- Queen Letizia (Albert had a spanish queen as a godmother so why shouldn't they continue this tradition)
- Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Princess Clotilde (good friends of Albert who matched them)

I count for a beautiful blonde hair girl for them. I love the names: Claudine, Ghislaine, Grace or Isabella.

Love that name - Ghislaine. :flowers:

For godparents I've got several types:
- Queen Letizia (Albert had a spanish queen as a godmother so why shouldn't they continue this tradition)

Oh, yes! I'm on board for that! :flowers:

Lady Nimue-I love the name "Ghislaine" as well. It's so elegant and so very French!

I think it's a boy. If there's more than one, I think at least one is a boy.

Love that name - Ghislaine. :flowers:

It is seen as a very old fashion name in France. Most of the ladies named Ghislaine are between 50 and 80 years old.
I hope for an "old" but still fashionable name, something like Madeleine, Louise, Suzanne, Marguerite, Augustine, Elisabeth, Joséphine ... These are old names currently given to babies.

That's interesting Sancia. When I hear "Louise" and especially "Josephine" I think of little old ladies.

But all I think of when I hear "Ghislaine" is elegant Frenchwoman!

THere was a princess Ghislaine, she was the wife of Louis II of Monaco, Grandfather of the prince rainier, she was only princess of Monaco three years because , she married with Prince Louis II in 1946 and Prince Louis died in 1949.

For the godfather , I think too Christ Levine and for godmother , I think to Camilla of Bourban Siciles, she is the friend of the couple. Albert was witness of Prince Charles of Bourbon Siciles at his wedding with Camilla, the couple is very tied to Albert and Charlene

That's interesting Sancia. When I hear "Louise" and especially "Josephine" I think of little old ladies.

But all I think of when I hear "Ghislaine" is elegant Frenchwoman!

"Ghislaine" reminds me an elegant woman too, but a woman who could be my mother.

Louise is one of the most given first names for little daughters for years and Joséphine is growing fashionable these days.

For a Prince: Jacques Jean Hercule

For a Princess: Marie Pelline Therese

Pelline is an interesting name, I've never heard it before and I really like it. It's elegant and feminine, although I may be biased because I pretty much love all names ending in "ine". Somehow though, I can't seem to picture it on a future Princess of Monaco.

Lady Nimue-I love the name "Ghislaine" as well. It's so elegant and so very French!

Another Ghislaine lover here! I didn't realise that it was thought of as an old lady name in France - perhaps Albert and Charlene's baby could change that. Some old lady names (Evelyn springs to mind here) are becoming more popular nowadays, due to members of the public becoming influenced by celebrities who gave their children old lady names. I do believe that Ghislaine is Queen Mathilde of Belgium's middle name as well.

I like Melisande for a girl.

I love Melisande too, although prefer Melusine. It's so dreamy and magical, especially with the accent on the E. I didn't get the Game of Thrones reference, but I guess that's because I haven't seen it before or read the books.

Yes Ghislaine is Q.Mathilde's last middle name. I think its a very diferent and lovely name, for me is unusual since I'm not familiar with french names. I also like Melusine, for me it sounds Disney-ish, which I absolutely love!

I hope they give some name which is not very usual, a name that is not in fashion right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom