Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God has truly blessed your friend GG, that is wonderful news!

I'm going for the twins rumour and suggesting boy + girl. French names perhaps with so many lovely ones to chose from. Suggestions at quick glance:
Boy - Alain, Anton, Eugene, Nicolas, Zacharie.
Girl - Adele, Celina, Elise, Fleur, Monique, Juliette.
They are so very lucky to have this to look forward to...and we are too!

I predict that TSH will, like all the other reigning couples, choose a name with some connection to their Dynasty.

As lovely as names like Fleur, Monique, Ella Johannah, etc are, they are not part of the history of the House of Grimaldi and will not be chosen for the heir to the Throne.

Even the most non traditional of them all, Stephanie, named her son "Louis" and her daughter "Pauline"... the latter recalls the Napoleonic links to Monagasque history.

Last edited:
(..)
They will be born between Christmas and New Year, which sounds odd to me, because she would have been about two months pregnant at the time of the official announcement.
A few weeks ago Telegraaf spoke openly about a separation and a divorce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then having had a brief look at the family tree I can see what you mean MM. Knowing nothing about any possible negative history the names I like are -

Antoine, Jacque, Lucien and Claudine. Like Charlotte also but wonder whether they would use it again. Perhaps also a female version of the male names.

I am a fan of the name Charlotte but I can't see them using it with another Charlotte in the family. They don't strike me as anything like the British Royals and love giving people the same name. There were three Prince Edward's at one point, and there are loads of Georges and Edward's in the extended family. (George, Earl of St Andrew's and his son Edward, Lord Downpatrick for example).

I like the idea of Louise as it's relatively modern (ish) and can last a life time. Claudine is nice as well, but they make it more modern and call her Claudia. They might use some if the child's godparents for middle names, though it depends who they choose.

Point De Vue said in his article that the pregnancy of Charlene passed just the three months. This magasine was the first to announce that Charlotte was pregnant last year. The palace does not announce a pregnacy before the three months, I think that the birth will be end november, beginning december.

I think as there are already Charlotte, Pierre, Louis, Pauline, there will be perhaps Charles as Charles III, François , as françois Grimaldi for the boys

For the girls, Alice as the wife of Albert I, there is a street named ' Princess Alice street in Monaco and the prince Albert I went to the Antartic with the boat called ' Princess Alice' we know that Prince Albert II admires his grand grandfather He could give the name of Alice to his daughter. The name Alice is in the french and in the english language.

I'm hoping for two girls. That way a woman will be in charge for once in Monaco.

If there is a boy in the mix, I think the name Rainier will be in there somewhere.

If there is a girl, I think Antoinette - the name of Rainier's sister - would be interesting. There is another Antoinette in the royal line. I would assume that the name Grace would make an appearance.

When I look back at the names in the line I find I am fond of the possibility of a Princess Marie (or Princess Mary). Or Princess Claudine.

How about: Princess Claudine Marie Grace Antionette. :heart:

For a boy I like the idea of a Prince Ambrosius (or Ambrose - it's such an old name). But there is an Anthony and a Gaspar and Lucien and Honore in the line. How about Mindaugus? ;)

How about: Prince Gaspar Lucien Rainier Albert. :heart:

Lady Nimue I love your set of names..except "Lucien" which is the name of an ex boyfriend of mine!;)

How about Marie-Antoinette and Louis if they are in fact twins? I know I've heard these two used before together, and such a nice ring to it.

How about Marie-Antoinette and Louis if they are in fact twins? I know I've heard these two used before together, and such a nice ring to it.

Haha That would be funny ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Royals Community mobile app

Are you serious titiromi? They were guilllotied! What monarch would want those names?

I like Charles and Claudine; they work well in French and in English, and they show a sense of history.

I like the name Antoinette, isn't that in the RF somewhere recently?

I like the name Antoinette, isn't that in the RF somewhere recently?

Rainier's sister... and for that recent i'd be surprised if they use that, the relationship with here was not terribly good

Are you serious titiromi? They were guilllotied! What monarch would want those names?

Oh, now THAT's where I heard it! I think it would send a clear message to the French; don't mess with us. We mean business here. :cool:

Last edited:
Oh, now THAT's where I heard it! I think it would send a clear message to the French; don't mess with us. We mean business here. :cool:

Somehow i think the chance of boy/girl twin being named Louis and Marie-Antoinette is about as big as them being named Charleno and Alberta :lol:

If there is a boy in the mix, I think the name Rainier will be in there somewhere.

If there is a girl, I think Antoinette - the name of Rainier's sister - would be interesting. There is another Antoinette in the royal line. I would assume that the name Grace would make an appearance.

When I look back at the names in the line I find I am fond of the possibility of a Princess Marie (or Princess Mary). Or Princess Claudine.

How about: Princess Claudine Marie Grace Antionette. :heart:

For a boy I like the idea of a Prince Ambrosius (or Ambrose - it's such an old name). But there is an Anthony and a Gaspar and Lucien and Honore in the line. How about Mindaugus? ;)

How about: Prince Gaspar Lucien Rainier Albert. :heart:

The girls name are fine. Why do you hate the poor boy. Those are name never used, because they are old or terrible. Nobody wanted to pass them on. Gaspar???? Ambrose????

For a girl, I love the names Ophélie, Giselle, Elodie and Amelie.

I second the name Gaspard but I also love Guillaume.

Now another name came into my mind.

I could also guess they will include the name "Nelson" in the baby's name, as Nelson is the first name of the late national hero of Charlene's homeland South Africa, Nelson Mandela.

Now another name came into my mind.

I could also guess they will include the name "Nelson" in the baby's name, as Nelson is the first name of the late national hero of Charlene's homeland South Africa, Nelson Mandela.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too...maybe not as a first name, but among third/fourth name i could well imagine that happening..

The girls name are fine. Why do you hate the poor boy. Those are name never used, because they are old or terrible. Nobody wanted to pass them on. Gaspar???? Ambrose????

Gaspar might be appropriate when the baby grows up to be a chain smoker like the rest of them. :whistling:

:) Ha! No? But they are from the royal line - that's what I was looking at. They are unusual. I have a fondness for Ambrose - though agree it is not resounding, like 'Jack'. ;)

Still, Gaspar sounds like a rogue, not so?

Gaspar might be appropriate when the baby grows up to be a chain smoker like the rest of them. :whistling:

:D Prince Gaspar - I like it. Sounds a bit Narnia-ish to me.

I like Charles and Claudine; they work well in French and in English, and they show a sense of history.

Except that there would be confusion with the British prince. Though do the European royals bother themselves about such things - perhaps not - especially as you say the names would be said in French.

Charles and Claudine - maybe we've hit on the happy euphonious pair of names!

Last edited by a moderator:

Or if Charlene and Albert have twin girls, then how about Marie and Antoinette? ;) This is just a joke of course. On a more serious side, I like the idea of using Nelson as a middle name for a little Prince in honour of the late South African President.

My top contender for a boy is still Florestan, although I'm doubting some of my girls names now. I think Athenais is beautiful though, and would like it to be resurrected. It's also the name of a new de Ligne Princess however, so I'm not sure if they would use it because of her. Having said that, the de Ligne family seem to be quite 'minor' compared to other RFs, so she'd probably be overlooked.

Male child: Michael Kenneth Rainier

Last night I dreamt that Albert and Charlene's baby had been born and Princess Caroline and Charlotte Casiraghi were discussing it. It was just one girl, who had been named Poppy Charlotte Grace. I've got no idea where Poppy came from - dreams can be strange sometimes. ;) Charlotte and Grace are understandable though, however Charlotte wasn't included in my predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom