The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: A Prince or Princess for Monaco?
A Boy 41 28.67%
A Girl 32 22.38%
Twins - Boy / Boy 9 6.29%
Twins - Girl / Girl 10 6.99%
Twins - Boy / Girl 51 35.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

on this photo , Charlene has the mask of pregnancy

https://www.facebook.com/24884181519...type=1&theater

In the old times, our mother and grandmother said that a future mummy who has a mask of pregnacy will have a girl.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
on this photo , Charlene has the mask of pregnancy

https://www.facebook.com/24884181519...type=1&theater

In the old times, our mother and grandmother said that a future mummy who has a mask of pregnacy will have a girl.

Do you mean some spots on the face?

How strange because my granmother told me that it'a boy when a pregnant woman has them

Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

My preferences:
Boy:
Rainier
Pierre
Louis

Girl:
Grace
Louise
Charlotte
Old 07-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Royal Highness

If they have a girl - maybe Grace Lynette Grimaldi; with Princess Victoria of Sweden as godmother& King Juan Carlos as godfather..
If they have a boy Rainier Michael Grimaldi; with Maxima as godmother and the Grand Duke of Luxemb as godfather; in whatever case a safe & happy delivery is wished by one & all
Old 08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
If they have a girl - maybe Grace Lynette Grimaldi; with Princess Victoria of Sweden as godmother& King Juan Carlos as godfather..
If they have a boy Rainier Michael Grimaldi; with Maxima as godmother and the Grand Duke of Luxemb as godfather; in whatever case a safe & happy delivery is wished by one & all

Why would they want Juan Carlos associated with the baby's christening? It would be a controversial choice with the former king's scandals and I don't recall hearing that Prince Albert is particularly close to the Spanish royal family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Well, Corinna, Juan Carlos' whatever she was is now Charlene's new bestie. Victoria Eugenia was Albert's godmother so not totally without links. Not to mention that Sofia is Ernst August's first cousin 😜. Although I think it very unlikely that JC will be godfather.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Charlotte or one of Albert's cousins... (Kelly's side) and a member of Charleneps family... just like the wedding
Old 08-12-2014, 05:33 AM
Aristocracy

I count for a beautiful blonde hair girl for them I love the names: Claudine, Ghislaine, Grace or Isabella.

For godparents I've got several types:
- Charlene's brothers (one of them)
- Princess Caroline or Princess Stephanie (I think more about Caroline because she was a Hereditary Princess for so long and it would be nice if they would choose her for being a godmother of new Hereditary Prince of Princess)
- Charlotte Casiraghi (Albert and Char are godparents of Raphael so why not?)
- Christopher Levine and Donatella Knecht de Massy (Albert and Char's witnesses, Donatella also comes from South Africa like Char)
- Jazmin Grimaldi (I know it's not very probable, but I think it'd be cute. I love the fact that Charlotte is Alexandra's godmother)
- Queen Maxima
- Queen Letizia (Albert had a spanish queen as a godmother so why shouldn't they continue this tradition)
- Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Princess Clotilde (good friends of Albert who matched them)
Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue Butler View Post
I count for a beautiful blonde hair girl for them. I love the names: Claudine, Ghislaine, Grace or Isabella.
Love that name - Ghislaine.

Quote:
For godparents I've got several types:
- Queen Letizia (Albert had a spanish queen as a godmother so why shouldn't they continue this tradition)
Oh, yes! I'm on board for that!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Lady Nimue-I love the name "Ghislaine" as well. It's so elegant and so very French!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's a boy. If there's more than one, I think at least one is a boy.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Love that name - Ghislaine.
It is seen as a very old fashion name in France. Most of the ladies named Ghislaine are between 50 and 80 years old.
I hope for an "old" but still fashionable name, something like Madeleine, Louise, Suzanne, Marguerite, Augustine, Elisabeth, Joséphine ... These are old names currently given to babies.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Majesty

That's interesting Sancia. When I hear "Louise" and especially "Josephine" I think of little old ladies.

But all I think of when I hear "Ghislaine" is elegant Frenchwoman!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Melisande for a girl.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Sounds so Game of Thrones-y
Old 08-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

THere was a princess Ghislaine, she was the wife of Louis II of Monaco, Grandfather of the prince rainier, she was only princess of Monaco three years because , she married with Prince Louis II in 1946 and Prince Louis died in 1949.

For the godfather , I think too Christ Levine and for godmother , I think to Camilla of Bourban Siciles, she is the friend of the couple. Albert was witness of Prince Charles of Bourbon Siciles at his wedding with Camilla, the couple is very tied to Albert and Charlene
Old 08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's interesting Sancia. When I hear "Louise" and especially "Josephine" I think of little old ladies.

But all I think of when I hear "Ghislaine" is elegant Frenchwoman!
"Ghislaine" reminds me an elegant woman too, but a woman who could be my mother.

Louise is one of the most given first names for little daughters for years and Joséphine is growing fashionable these days.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Sounds so Game of Thrones-y
Yeah, I know, but it is a classic French name.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Prince: Jacques Jean Hercule

For a Princess: Marie Pelline Therese
Pelline is an interesting name, I've never heard it before and I really like it. It's elegant and feminine, although I may be biased because I pretty much love all names ending in "ine". Somehow though, I can't seem to picture it on a future Princess of Monaco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Lady Nimue-I love the name "Ghislaine" as well. It's so elegant and so very French!
Another Ghislaine lover here! I didn't realise that it was thought of as an old lady name in France - perhaps Albert and Charlene's baby could change that. Some old lady names (Evelyn springs to mind here) are becoming more popular nowadays, due to members of the public becoming influenced by celebrities who gave their children old lady names. I do believe that Ghislaine is Queen Mathilde of Belgium's middle name as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I love Melisande too, although prefer Melusine. It's so dreamy and magical, especially with the accent on the E. I didn't get the Game of Thrones reference, but I guess that's because I haven't seen it before or read the books.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Ghislaine is Q.Mathilde's last middle name. I think its a very diferent and lovely name, for me is unusual since I'm not familiar with french names. I also like Melusine, for me it sounds Disney-ish, which I absolutely love!

I hope they give some name which is not very usual, a name that is not in fashion right now.