The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: A Prince or Princess for Monaco?
A Boy 41 28.67%
A Girl 32 22.38%
Twins - Boy / Boy 9 6.29%
Twins - Girl / Girl 10 6.99%
Twins - Boy / Girl 51 35.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Let's wait to see as her belly grows what she may have
This is a nice change

Old 05-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Gentry

I have another interesting question - in which sport will the child participate at the Olympics. Something between bobsleigh and swimming... rowing (also in genes)? :P

Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Maxima would actually be a perfect choice for a Royal godparent to this child who will(God willing) rule Monaco someday. She is Catholic, and Charlene likes her and is apparently comfortable around her. Even though Sophie Countess of Wessex isn't Catholic she could still be asked, Charlene is very friendly with her.

Albert seems very close to the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg. He sat them in the very front row at his wedding, and also at his personal table during the evening banquet that followed. So perhaps Henri, Maria Teresa, or even HGD Guillaume could be on the list. He might also ask his cousin Chris Levine who is like a brother to him.
i didnt know charlene was friends with the Countess of Wessex! where did you get the info from?
it's true that the monaco family is good friends with the lux family... so a fitting choice would indeed be HGD guillaume together with maxima for godparents indeed!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Majesty

In one of Charlene's early interviews before her wedding, she discussed her friendship with the Countess of Wessex in Paris Match. Sophie has also made private and official visits to the Principality to visit her. A few years ago she was there to receive an award and wore the most amazing one shoulder pink sheath. She caused quite a sensation!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Commoner

That said, I have to honest and say for Albert's sake I wish a baby girl that is a carbon copy of his beloved mother Grace Kelly, whom he was so close to and vice versa, her only son. At least we know the baby will have naturally blonde hair & blue eyes like Grace. [/QUOTE]

Not necessarily that the child would have the blonde hair & blue eyes of Princess Grace. Definitely blue eyes as Albert & Charlene have blue eyes, but dark hair could occur from the Grimaldi genes.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Nobility

I think if Princess Charlene was expecting twins, we'd know about it. Assuming the official press release was at her 12 week mark, an ultrasound would have shown twins. I couldn't see why the principality wouldn't release that information.

I'm hoping for a girl...let's continue the trend of Crown Princesses in Europe!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Nobility

I think their first child will be a boy. A prince for Monaco!
I suggest his names - Jacques Rainier Michaël Piérre
I think his godparents will be Pierre Casiraghi , Gareth Wittstock ,
princess Stéphanie of Monaco
Old 06-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I'll go for Queen Máxima as godmother, because she is a Catholic Queen and she's a good friend of Charlène. She said in an interview that she received a lot of help and advice from Máxima, so IMO, there is a chance that they have a very nice question for Queen Máxima next week, during their visit to the Netherlands.

Charlene's attendance is now cancelled. I highly doubt that Máxima and Charlene are 'friends'. They must have met a few times but not very often. And their lives, personality and interests are very, very different. Most of these supposed royal friendships seem a bit forced and cosmetic to me btw, good to cultivate for the public image.

In any case, let's not hope for Máxima as godmother, being too closely associated with the Grimaldi's & their unconventional life style is harmful for the reputation of the RF in the Netherlands. The king and queen were critisized not too long ago for having a jetset life style with real estate all over the world & such. The Grimaldi's are the epithany of a lifestyle that many people associate with the jetset so to be too closely linked to that is not wise.

Since the catholics can only have 2 godparents, it usually is restricted to close relatives. Though Alberts godmother was the dowager Queen of Spain, who was no relation at all.

--

If it is a boy I hope it will be named Rainier, a nice tribute to the late prince who made Monaco to what it is today.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Majesty

With Rainier and Albert, actually the old and ancient House de Chalencon de Polignac is reigning in the principality but they use the surname "Grimaldi". It would be nice to have the actual Chef of that ancestral House as one of the godparents: Armand-Charles de Polignac, 8e Duc de Polignac (and Pair de France, like in my username ).
Old 06-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Gentry

I vote for a baby boy, but I think a baby girl would be great too

Congratulation to Albert and Charlene
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

I'm guessing female. A pretty name would be Lillian Grace. As for Godparents, I'm not really sure. Perhaps his older sister Caroline would be one or perhaps at least one of the godparents would be a member of Charlene's family. I imagine at least one of them would be a good friend.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Majesty

So far only one of Princess Gracia's granddaughters has her name enlisted amongst the secondary names.

Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi
HRH Princess Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia von Hannover
Pauline Grace Magui Ducruet
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb

Lillian does not appear in the monegasque family tree, so far. Other names:

Princess Antoinette Louise Alberte Suzanne de Monaco
Princess Charlotte Louise Juliette de Monaco
Princess Mary Victoria de Monaco née Lady Hamilton
Princess Antoinette Ghislaine Monaco née Comtesse de Mérode-Westerloo
Princess Florestine Gabrielle Antoinette de Monaco
Princess Maria Caroline de Monaco née Gibert de Lametz
Princess Louise Félicité Victoire de Monaco née d'Aumont, Duchesse de Mazarin
Princess Marie-Catherine de Monaco née des marquises Brignole
Princess Louise-Hippolyte de Monaco
Etc. Etc.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Jazmin is also named Jazmin Grace :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Oh yes, I forgot the two out-of-marriage children, you are right. Naturally I only looked to the eh... "acknowledged" members of the Grimaldi family.

My guess:

A girl:
HSH Princess Gracia Louise Antoinette de Monaco

A boy:
HSH Prince Rainier Florestan Albert de Monaco

In the Anglo-American media the name Grace is common use. In large parts outside that language block it often was: princesse Gracia de Monaco (French), princesa Gracia de Mónaco (Spanish), princesa Gracia de Mônaco (Portuguese), prinses Gracia van Monaco (Dutch), Prinzessin Gracia von Monaco (German), Gratia principissa Monoecensis (Latin). A baby princess can possibly be named with an non-English variant.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Nobility

In France, we also use the name Grace or Grâce but pronounced differently from how american and english people pronounce it. But I also like Gracia

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 06-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Just voted in the poll. I chose the 'boy' option, because as I said before, I have a feeling Albert and Charlene will have a little Prince, since the latest additions to the family have both been boys. I don't believe the twins story a lot, because doesn't one find out if they'll have a boy, girl or twins once they've had their first scan? I've never been pregnant nor am I thinking about having children soon, but IIRC you have to be past your third month to be able to have a scan. If so, Charlene wouldn't know the gender of her baby or whether she'll have twins yet. I also agree with the posters who have said that if she was expecting twins, then they probably would've been included in the announcement.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Just voted in the poll. I chose the 'boy' option, because as I said before, I have a feeling Albert and Charlene will have a little Prince, since the latest additions to the family have both been boys. I don't believe the twins story a lot, because doesn't one find out if they'll have a boy, girl or twins once they've had their first scan? I've never been pregnant nor am I thinking about having children soon, but IIRC you have to be past your third month to be able to have a scan. If so, Charlene wouldn't know the gender of her baby or whether she'll have twins yet. I also agree with the posters who have said that if she was expecting twins, then they probably would've been included in the announcement.
Well, royals usually love to build some suspense. A boy or girl? Wait until it is born. What are the names? Wait for the registration or baptism (which can take a looooooong time, see Denmark).

;-)
Old 06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Well, royals usually love to build some suspense. A boy or girl? Wait until it is born. What are the names? Wait for the registration or baptism (which can take a looooooong time, see Denmark).

;-)
In catholic tradition the baptism should occur relatively soon, but maybe it's different for princes(ses)
Old 06-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Majesty

I believe it has not so much to do with princesses but with the tradition in a family. The Danes wait very long to announce the names. In the Netherlands the names usually are announced, one or two days after the birth, but the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia -for an example- was 7 months after the birth.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yep, that was what i meant to say: in protestant tradition a christening can happen months later, but a catholic traditionally should be baptised relatively soon...

Closed Thread