Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing female. A pretty name would be Lillian Grace. As for Godparents, I'm not really sure. Perhaps his older sister Caroline would be one or perhaps at least one of the godparents would be a member of Charlene's family. I imagine at least one of them would be a good friend.

So far only one of Princess Gracia's granddaughters has her name enlisted amongst the secondary names.

Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi
HRH Princess Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia von Hannover
Pauline Grace Magui Ducruet
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb

Lillian does not appear in the monegasque family tree, so far. Other names:

Princess Antoinette Louise Alberte Suzanne de Monaco
Princess Charlotte Louise Juliette de Monaco
Princess Mary Victoria de Monaco née Lady Hamilton
Princess Antoinette Ghislaine Monaco née Comtesse de Mérode-Westerloo
Princess Florestine Gabrielle Antoinette de Monaco
Princess Maria Caroline de Monaco née Gibert de Lametz
Princess Louise Félicité Victoire de Monaco née d'Aumont, Duchesse de Mazarin
Princess Marie-Catherine de Monaco née des marquises Brignole
Princess Louise-Hippolyte de Monaco
Etc. Etc.

:flowers:

Jazmin is also named Jazmin Grace :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh yes, I forgot the two out-of-marriage children, you are right. Naturally I only looked to the eh... "acknowledged" members of the Grimaldi family. ;)

My guess:

A girl:
HSH Princess Gracia Louise Antoinette de Monaco

A boy:
HSH Prince Rainier Florestan Albert de Monaco

In the Anglo-American media the name Grace is common use. In large parts outside that language block it often was: princesse Gracia de Monaco (French), princesa Gracia de Mónaco (Spanish), princesa Gracia de Mônaco (Portuguese), prinses Gracia van Monaco (Dutch), Prinzessin Gracia von Monaco (German), Gratia principissa Monoecensis (Latin). A baby princess can possibly be named with an non-English variant.

In France, we also use the name Grace or Grâce but pronounced differently from how american and english people pronounce it. But I also like Gracia

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

Just voted in the poll. I chose the 'boy' option, because as I said before, I have a feeling Albert and Charlene will have a little Prince, since the latest additions to the family have both been boys. I don't believe the twins story a lot, because doesn't one find out if they'll have a boy, girl or twins once they've had their first scan? I've never been pregnant nor am I thinking about having children soon, but IIRC you have to be past your third month to be able to have a scan. If so, Charlene wouldn't know the gender of her baby or whether she'll have twins yet. I also agree with the posters who have said that if she was expecting twins, then they probably would've been included in the announcement.

Just voted in the poll. I chose the 'boy' option, because as I said before, I have a feeling Albert and Charlene will have a little Prince, since the latest additions to the family have both been boys. I don't believe the twins story a lot, because doesn't one find out if they'll have a boy, girl or twins once they've had their first scan? I've never been pregnant nor am I thinking about having children soon, but IIRC you have to be past your third month to be able to have a scan. If so, Charlene wouldn't know the gender of her baby or whether she'll have twins yet. I also agree with the posters who have said that if she was expecting twins, then they probably would've been included in the announcement.

Well, royals usually love to build some suspense. A boy or girl? Wait until it is born. What are the names? Wait for the registration or baptism (which can take a looooooong time, see Denmark).

;-)

Well, royals usually love to build some suspense. A boy or girl? Wait until it is born. What are the names? Wait for the registration or baptism (which can take a looooooong time, see Denmark).

;-)

In catholic tradition the baptism should occur relatively soon, but maybe it's different for princes(ses) :flowers:

I believe it has not so much to do with princesses but with the tradition in a family. The Danes wait very long to announce the names. In the Netherlands the names usually are announced, one or two days after the birth, but the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia -for an example- was 7 months after the birth.

:flowers:

Yep, that was what i meant to say: in protestant tradition a christening can happen months later, but a catholic traditionally should be baptised relatively soon...

Hormone levels indicate pretty early on in a pregnancy, definitely within the first trimester usually, if multiples are on the way. It wouldn't surprise me if they know they're expecting twins. Gender is usually something that can't be determined by ultrasound until around the 20th week.

What is the "hormone level" indicating a multiple, Sunnystar? I'm not familiar with that. One can have serious morning sickness with a single baby, so that cannot be it.

In catholic tradition the baptism should occur relatively soon, but maybe it's different for princes(ses) :flowers:

Catholics traditionally baptize their children soon after birth. In ancient times this was done due to high infant mortality, and to insure that the child did not die without the most crucial of Christian sacraments.

Infant mortality rates are not what they were ,but it is still the custom to baptize a newborn sooner rather than later.

Of course there are exceptions. It seems that the more religiously observant a couple is, the sooner the baptism takes place after birth. The reverse happens when couples are not that religious.

For a Prince:
Antoine Francois Charles
Honore Ranier Lambert

For a Princess:
Claudine Grace Marie
Blanche Francoise Honorine

Didn't Princess Grace also have a nice named Grace and she died ?

I could see for a number of reasons why Grace would not be a first name but I could/hope they would use it for a second or third name

I voted twin girls but one of each would be nice too.

I'm not sure about names I did think of Emilie Grace Marie.

I have to keep thinking about the names

Grace LeVine is the niece of Princess Grace.
Grace LeVine is the daughter of Donald and Elizabeth (Lizanne) LeVine.
Grace LeVine died in 1999.

For a Prince: Jacques Jean Hercule

For a Princess: Marie Pelline Therese

Charlene's brother Gareth or Sean could be a godfather.

For a Prince: Charles Gervais Louis

For a Princess: Blanche Claudine Elisabeth

I just recently read that Florestan I's actual first name was Tancrède.:ohmy:

In Mad for Monaco, an article about H.S.H. Florestan I states:

The future Prince Florestan I, eighth sovereign Prince of Monaco, was born in Paris on October 10, 1785, as Tancrede Florestan Roger Louis Grimaldi.

For a Prince: Henri
Princess Grace's paternal grandfather was John Henry Kelly.

For a Princess: Patrice
Patricia was Princess Grace's middle name.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the longest time I've had a feeling that Albert and Charlène would have a little girl. I am probably wrong though, I was wrong about George, Maud AND Mia.

I do think the rumour about Charlène expecting twins is intriguing though. This man, supposedly a friend of Charlène's father, doesn't seem like your obvious poser – he actually has a lot of followers contrary to the majority of these rumour-makers. On the other hand, should her father have called him (which seems a little suspicious in itself unless they're really good friends), one would think that he would have told him not to blurt it out all over a massive social media platform as twitter (or any social media for that matter). Twins would be fantastic nonetheless.

For a boy, I think Rainier is the obvious choice. That would exclude the opportunity for a future (or twin sister) Grace though as Rainier and Grace as siblings would be a tad too tacky (at least for my liking), and I am prone to think that Albert might rather want a daughter named Grace than a boy named Rainier (IIRC he was very close to Princess Grace). Another option could be Charles. I don't know much about the former regents of Monaco, but there have been quite a few Charles's, haven't there? I think Charles is very handsome and much more modern than Rainier. It works both in English and in French. My guess for a full name: Charles Rainier Honoré/Louis/Maxence (Michel).

For a girl, I have only got two names in mind for the first name: Grace and Antoinette. I've already set my mind on Grace Antoinette or Antoinette Grace. My guess for a full name: Grace Antoinette Caroline (Hyppolyte/Lynette) or Antoinette Grace Caroline (Louise/Lynette).

As for godparents, I think Queen Máxima would be a nice choice. Perhaps with Princess Caroline, a male Catholic friend or relative and Gareth Wittstock.

My cousin's wife had twins and she found this out during a scan at 10 weeks. I don't know why she was scanned so early but she was and they picked up the two heartbeats. She was also in her late thirties and had a boy and a girl which is apparently the most common set of twins to have in women of that age group.

For a boy: Florestan Michael Albert
For a girl: Patricia Lynette Charlene.
Godparents: Pauline Ducruet and Sean Wittstock.

What is the "hormone level" indicating a multiple, Sunnystar? I'm not familiar with that. One can have serious morning sickness with a single baby, so that cannot be it.

The presence of HcG in a urine test is generally an indication of pregnancy. High HCG levels in early pregnancy can indicate a multiple pregnancy - not always though - but doctors will usually pay closer attention to these levels (or do a blood test which is more accurate to determine pregnancy) and probably scan earlier to confirm or check multiples

Charlene has stated she is close to Queen Maxima and i think also Sophie Wessex - i could definitely see Maxima being a choice. And maybe Charlotte as Albert and Charlene seem close to her.
Grace or Rainier being middles names if either girl or boy.

Exiting times in Monaco - 3 babies/toddlers by the end of 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if Albert and Charlene decide to use a fresh name, like Victoria and Daniel did with Estelle.

First of all, congratulations! I hope Charlene has a safe pregnancy! :flowers:

I voted for a girl!

Two girls:
Louise Ghislaine Patricia
Marie Grace Lynette

Louise, for a Louise II!

Jacques (II) or Charles (IV) for a boy. Florestan (II) might be a bit too exotic. On the other hand, "exotic" appears to be in at the moment.

Last edited:
I love Rainier or Florestan for a boy. Can't decide yet for a girl except I don't want Grace for her first name!

Charlene & Albert's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

I like the idea of Louise as a name for a girl. Not too sure about the boys names be I think Rainier, if it is a boy, will be in the name somewhere perhaps?

Girl = Louise Grace?

As for godparents, I am not too sure, maybe one of their nieces or nephews? Someone from Charlene's family? I don't know...

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the names will be chosen so they can be pronounced well in english and french (even if not necessarily the same way), my guesses at the moment are:

boy: Jacques Louis
girl: Ella Johannah

and no name-references to grand-parents at this point.. :)

I hope they have a healthy baby and Charlene enjoys her pregnancy. As for god parents I think Maxima would be a great godmother. She seems warm loving and happy and loves children.

Hormone levels indicate pretty early on in a pregnancy, definitely within the first trimester usually, if multiples are on the way. It wouldn't surprise me if they know they're expecting twins. Gender is usually something that can't be determined by ultrasound until around the 20th week.

It used to be (like, just a few years ago) that gender could not be determined until 16 weeks at the earliest, most around 20 - but recently a friend in her 40's found out she was expecting twins. Because of the risks involved in this pregnancy, she had specialized tests and they were able to determine the genders about 9 weeks, and their health (both boys, and normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom