Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I didn't know. I'm not very knowledgeable about the Monegasque Princely Family's history since I don't follow the family as much as I do other royals. Perhaps they could still use Florestine but honour a Prince Florestan instead, or maybe the name has too much of a negative association.

Wobderful news, I heard the news on radio. I M SO HAPPY for them ! I hope for a little prince Florestan !

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes they are, up until now P.Caroline was heir and she could have reigned in her own right.
Other than other european monarchies being monarch (prince or princess) of Monaco is not just a formaility but is basically being the CEO of a large company; however that's something women can do equally well as men :flowers:

Thank you for answering my question.

I think Charlene must be at least 12 weeks pregnant, it would have not been announced before.

Are women not allowed to inherit the throne in Monaco?

They have succession rights but men come first. So if this child will be a girl and later a son will be bron he will suceed desptie the fact that he is not the oldest child.

I think that perhaps prince Albert will ask a change of constitution and if it is a girl she may reign even if there is the birth of a boy after her.

Do you think that, like in England, there will be an attempt to change the law.

I think one of the Casiraghi siblings will be amongst the godparents chosen. Albert always seemed very close to them and Charlene seems to have a nice relationship with them as well.

Have you thought of Sophie of wessex as a godmother? Or Maxima? Charlene is said to get along with them pretty well!

Wobderful news, I heard the news on radio. I M SO HAPPY for them ! I hope for a little prince Florestan !

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

And princess Louise for a girl :flowers:

Think you will find his father changed the constitution in case he didn't have a child and his sister would inherit , so it doesn't matter boy or girl will be the heir

I think that perhaps prince Albert will ask a change of constitution and if it is a girl she may reign even if there is the birth of a boy after her.
It would be good for this to happen. I'm hoping it's a girl. I think if it is, the name Grace will feature, but not as the first name. Alice Grace would by my choice.

I hope for a girl. I think the name is hard to guess and could be totally unconventional

I'm now totally confused? Is the constitution now changed for a girl to inherit instead of a younger brother now?

My guess is that Princess Charlene will have a lovely boy.

I'm now totally confused? Is the constitution now changed for a girl to inherit instead of a younger brother now?

The line of succession is male preference primogeniture. If this child is a girl she will be first in the line of succession, but could be displaced by later children if they're male unless the succession is changed.

Prior to 2002, the succession only allowed for direct succession - whoever inherited had to be a descendant of the current prince. Under that succession, if Albert had died without legitimate children then Monaco would cease to be independent of France. This succession was changed to allow the siblings of the monarch and their children to inherit - so, while Albert is Prince, his sisters, their children, and their grandchildren (at least those who have been legitimized) would be in the succession, and if there is no one who is eligible to inherit then a more distant descendant of the House of Grimaldi will be selected via the Crown Council.

So excited to finally guess for a Monaco baby!

For a boy: Rainier, Honore or Charles
A girl: Louise, Marguerite or Antoniette

Boy: Charles Albert Honore
Girl: Louise Marguerite Juliette

I'm leaning towards a boy.

Godparents Andrea and Stephanie

I really like the name Louise if its a girl.

Louise Hippolyte, Princess of Monaco was the only Sovereign Princess of Monaco to reign,but sadly it was a brief reign ; 20th of February 1731 –
29th of December 1731.The Princess died of smallpox.

No idea... IMO an name that suits both french and english language is the most likely.. (Like for Caroline, Albert or Stephanie)

I really have no idea what this baby is, which is odd, as I usually get vibes.

I'm starting to go with girl, not sure why and if so we can certainly expect the name Grace

My very first speculative thought was, "Is there male pattern baldness in her family?" so my radar is pointing to a boy. Philippe? And if we can believe the tabs, Queen Maxima has been a friendly supporter of Charlene. Frankly I'd love to see Max Maxing it to the Max at the christening!

the go Maxima, godmother of Prince Albert was the former last queen of Spain, perhaps they will choose Queen Maxima for godmother, Charlene said queen Maxima was supporting her or perhaps they will choose Princess Stéphanie as godmother

For a godfather perhaps Pierre Casiraghi , he seems very closed to Prince Albert.

I have no idea the baby's sex, name, godparents, but my only hope is that s/he is born healthy & happy with all 10 fingers & toes. :coach:

That said, I have to honest and say for Albert's sake I wish a baby girl that is a carbon copy of his beloved mother Grace Kelly, whom he was so close to and vice versa, her only son. At least we know the baby will have naturally blonde hair & blue eyes like Grace. :flowers:

Wonderful news for Princess Charlene, Prince Albert and Grimaldi royal family.
I think baby boy.

Name : Rainier

Girl: Grace Ghislaine or Alice Grace
Boy: Francois Michel or Jean Michel Francois

Not sure if boy or girl so how about twins, but leaning towards a girl.

Godparent: My lst thought was maybe Albert's daughter Jazmin.
I know, a bit crazy, but what better way to connect his other children to Monaco, Charlene & the new baby.

Last edited:
The Grimaldi family seem to be quite traditional with regards to godparents, one relative from mother's side one relative from father's side, except for the heirs at the time of their birth (imo)
so i wouldn't be surprised if someone like Q.Maxima was asked, however seeing the difficulties Charlene obviously had in adjusting to the royal world, i'd wish for her that one of the godparents will come from her family...

The best for Albert and Charlene would be to have twins !!! :flowers:

Boy - Rainier Albert Michel

Girl - Antoinette Patricia Grace

she looks radiant as ever Princess Charlene so my guess the baby s a boy.:)
Name could be Rainier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom