Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Prince or Princess for Monaco?

• A Boy

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • A Girl

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Twins - Boy / Boy

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Twins - Girl / Girl

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Twins - Boy / Girl

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is their choice , they chose the persons they love It is good for Jacques and Gabriella to have an another link with other persons who belong to their family but not only to the Grimaldi family.

I didn't say otherwise. I believe I also made clear that I accept it is their choice.

They didn't pick bridesmaids or grooms either; except for the witnesses. I think they are just trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. I think they made good choices.

considering the way his sisters have messed up there lives I wouldn't want any one of them to god parents to my children so I can understand why he didn't ask any of his sisters to be god mothers All they would show the kids is how to party and jump from man to man married or single

:previous: Well, the same applies to Albert, with his private life and two children born out of wedlock (religiously speaking)... I think the choice of the godparents is a surprise but not so extraordinary... uncles and aunts can be there for the kids whenever they'd like anyway. Just look at the choice of George's godparents... Hardly anyone well know or belonging to the inner circle of relatives and siblings... Again, nothing exceptional..

considering the way his sisters have messed up there lives I wouldn't want any one of them to god parents to my children so I can understand why he didn't ask any of his sisters to be god mothers All they would show the kids is how to party and jump from man to man married or single

I'm not sure either of his sisters would consider their lives messed up. And Albert has certainly been no angel in his personal life so it would be rather hypocritical of him to give that as a reason for not picking his sisters.

I think, as many have already said, they decided to go for people they spend time with and are particularly close to. Who knows?

I think it is nice that they went with close friends and relatives as godparents. They do the same in the other catholic monarchies. The same goes for prince George of Cambridge (and most likely for his sister). Considering the idea of a godparent is that they actually play a role in the life and upbringing of the child, I find it logical that they actually picked people who most likely will be involved in the lives of the children.

The habit of picking a vast range of royals as godparents looks a bit cosmetic to me and seems to be the case only in Scandinavia. The Dutch king and queen picked 1 foreign royal for their children. I suppose it is also easier for the protestants as they can pick so many godparents while the catholics can only ask two.

I completely agree, but someone should tell that to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal of Greece. They seem to have selected the entire Gotha for their five offspring!:lol::cool:

As for Victoria Eugenie, I'm with Furstin-Taxis and Florestane. Once a queen, ALWAYS A QUEEN.

So does this mean the godparents of the twins went through a 'moral check', especially the ladies, before they were approved? Amazing..

Last edited:
If his sisters were the god mothers of the babies at 18 they would be taught how to seduce married men and how to party your ass off and how to jump from one idea to another and live off the inhertiance

So...to qualify as a proper Royal godparent one must ideally be under the age of thirty, and have a sterling, upright reputation that is beyond reproach.

I wonder what J-C's godchildren learned from him? Or Carl-Gustaf's?

I am grateful for this Forum and the things I learn from it.:cool:

Last edited:
That would mean that even my favorite royal godmother, P.Victoria of Sweden doesn't fulfill the requirements, because she's over 30 :lol:
i'm beginning to understand why no royal godparents are chosen: A&C probably *do* read these forums and realised noone would fulfill *our* requirements :lol:

You forget that the godparents should be catholic... or at keast one should...

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom